Pulling too many strings
All that I've done
Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
Oh no, folk songs should be banned for at least 10 years. It's not working.

Ehm no, there is good and bad folk, however this song is not really Polish folk. It sounds like something Poland could have sent to Eurovision in late 90's/early 00's set on an odd pseudo Balkanic-Gypsy background music... but there is no oomph in the melody really and the sound is too dated (the "folk" isn't the issue though).

lasse braun

Ehm no, there is good and bad folk, however this song is not really Polish folk. It sounds like something Poland could have sent to Eurovision in late 90's/early 00's set on an odd pseudo Balkanic-Gypsy background... but there is no oomph in the melody really and the sound is too dated (the "folk" isn't the issue though).
hey,folk is not science - it is feeling and i listen to my heart.xheart

Mrm

Veteran
Ehm no, there is good and bad folk, however this song is not really Polish folk. It sounds like something Poland could have sent to Eurovision in late 90's/early 00's set on an odd pseudo Balkanic-Gypsy background music... but there is no oomph in the melody really and the sound is too dated (the "folk" isn't the issue though).
This entry is mesmerizing, so different, so dreamy, beautiful, I'm stunned...I want to dance to it on the banks of Brda river in the late sprng while the light breeze, in the heart of Bydgoszcz, next to the beautifull watermills and feed the swans.. xlove xheart

A-lister

Veteran
hey,folk is not science - it is feeling and i listen to my heart.xheart
With that logic Barbie Girl is Danish folk and Smack My Bitch Up is a love ballad :lol:

But jokes aside I do get your point, I didn't mean that it's a science just that this isn't really Polish folk that's all... unless arguably Gypsy music is part of Polish folk (which some might say), although now I am mostly referring to the instrumentals of course, the singing not so much.

Iker

Veteran
This entry is mesmerizing, so different, so dreamy, beautiful, I'm stunned...I want to dance to it on the banks of Brda river in the late sprng while the light breeze, in the heart of Bydgoszcz, next to the beautifull watermills and feed the swans.. xlove xheart
Have you ever been in Poland? I suspect you have, lol.

Iker

Veteran
@Iker

You like/love Karolina Lizer - "Czysta Woda"? :)
I like it, but not love it. The problem is that the song is too long for the Eurovision. And I don't see much space to cut those 30 seconds, each element seems integral to me. The lyrics are brilliant, so many cool things are there!

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
I like it, but not love it. The problem is that the song is too long for the Eurovision. And I don't see much space to cut those 30 seconds, each element seem integral to me. The lyrics are brilliant, so many cool things are there!
I hope the lyrics will be available soon.. :)

mauve

Veteran
I have only been to Wroclaw 2 days and Karpacz 1 day!
That's all! :(
And climbed Sniezka peak, from the Czech side thugh. :D
I have only been in Gdansk for 4 days - what a beautiful place and full of history. I'd love to visit other places in Poland! :love:

Mainshow

Veteran
Interestingly, "Polish folk" can sound different to what you expect.

Poland is usually portrayed as a homogenous entity in Europe (mono-ethnic, Catholic etc.) BUT we shouldn´t forget that there was a time when 1/3 of the population of Kraków or Tarnów, for example, have been Jewish or of Jewish descent and imo, we can still find some music which has been highly influenced by such fact.
Maybe that´s why such songs aren´t perceived as "Polish folk" and Balkan-sounding instead but personally, I think that Polish folk/ethno music can sound a bit like that at parts.
In fact, Klezmer music was highly popular in Poland back then and Jewish music has highly influenced Polish music as well.

All in all, Polish "folk" songs can sound very Balkan/Jewish to foreigners and it doesn´t take anything away from the fact that it´s still Polish folk/ethno/music.

A-lister

Veteran
Interestingly, "Polish folk" can sound different to what you expect.

Poland is usually portrayed as a homogenous entity in Europe (mono-ethnic, Catholic etc.) BUT we shouldn´t forget that there was a time when 1/3 of the population of Kraków or Tarnów, for example, have been Jewish or of Jewish descent and imo, we can still find some music which has been highly influenced by such fact.
Maybe that´s why such songs aren´t perceived as "Polish folk" and Balkan-sounding instead but personally, I think that Polish folk/ethno music can sound a bit like that at parts.
In fact, Klezmer music was highly popular in Poland back then and Jewish music has highly influenced Polish music as well.

All in all, Polish "folk" songs can sound very Balkan/Jewish to foreigners and it doesn´t take anything away from the fact that it´s still Polish folk/ethno/music.

You're right about this analysis, hence why I wrote that it is arguably Polish folk (depending on how you look at it).

Although, I'd say it has more of a Romani influence than Jewish (as far as the background music goes).

The singing however is quite generic, in a sense that switch the background to something else and you couldn't tell it came from something "folk-ish" so it seems like just random two songs put together in a sense, in fact as far as song goes it sounds like some Polish mainstream song from 60s or something lol.

Mrm

Veteran

Isn't the Szlachta the noble category in history of Poland? Lmao :lol:

Btw I quite like this song, it is cute in studio version, I love the simplicity of it and Polish langauge..hope live could be good.. :)

Iker

Veteran
I have only been to Wroclaw 2 days and Karpacz 1 day!
That's all! :(
And climbed Sniezka peak, from the Czech side thugh. :D

I live in Wrocław* :D Come again, so I'll show you around some little known attractions / places here. :)

*ok my home is like 1 kilometre to the south but still.

Mrm

Veteran
I live in Wrocław* :D Come again, so I'll show you around some little known attractions / places here. :)

*ok my home is like 1 kilometre to the south but still.
Woow great! :love: Love that city so much, it also has ostrow/ostrvo/island on the river, my fave place there.. xlove xheart

I came there from the South, from Nysa direction, I have been to Czech Republic, from there we crossed the border towards Wroclaw.. xup

Mainshow

Veteran
Wrocław is a really beautiful city. If you ever have the chance to go there again, you also need to see the zoo. They bought a new Africanum (it's called, I believe). It's indoors and incredibly huge and well-equipped.

Also, the botanical garden close/on the ostrow island is a great place to visit/rest a little bit.

Top Bottom