Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
This ship was sinking already in the river in rehearsal week. Such a shame ;(

Bmbriga

A lot of people tried to tell them but they knew better..

I am not gutted. I accept 12th but can't help thinking we could reach the top 10 without phlegm and thunder on screen.
I feel you.
We got totally random dress and dancers running around stage trying to do some lyrical dance that looked like school play from early '00.
Unfortunately, our song was also mediocre, so it cost us few places and final.
I would trade places for ridiculous effects, an awesome song and 12th place any time.
It's a great result in the end, but yeah, I know it probably feels a bit disappointing, since it had such potential. xlove

shameless

Here's me being surprised he scored relatively low and that the entire trifecta of atmospheric female ballads GR, NL and PT managed to overall place before him. Also that he received less jury votes than AU, AZ, BE and CH makes it seem to me there's indeed a sort of bias against them. Too bad, I was hoping this was the time where Poland would begin their successful streak like in Junior ESC.
Whatever. That's weird too.
I am wondering what would happen if we sent an ass-shaking woman. Our result would be even worse. Spain can - we can't.
I understand the frustration for your country not doing better with the juries but to use Spain out of them all as an argument for default jury faves couldn't be further from the truth. :D

blue00eyes

I understand the frustration for your country not doing better with the juries but to use Spain out of them all as an argument for default jury faves couldn't be further from the truth. :D
Take a look back at 2014 how juries cancelled Cleo's televoting. It was because of cleavage... Now Spain can shake half naked butt on stage and it's no longer any problem.

Mainshow

Veteran
Take a look back at 2014 how juries cancelled Cleo's televoting. It was because of cleavage... Now Spain can shake half naked butt on stage and it's no longer any problem.

Juries have always criminally underrated Poland - it started back in 1994 and it´s still happening in 2022 - It´s outrageous and utterly sad.

To be fair, #9 in the televoting was quite "underwhelming" as well - A Top 10 result would have felt right in the end, but #12 is close enough and it was amazing to see Poland back in the final, though! Ochman was great and :pl: finally got a competitive entry (the first one since 2014).

shameless

Yes I am aware of that entry but a latin song with smashy choreo is much more accessible to basic jury voters than one in a slavic language singing about slavic. For a lot of western europeans it automatically it likewise triggered the cliché of central / eastern european women = slutty/vulgar.
Still, to put Spain as a target is not a good look to blame the underrating of the juries. In fact is shows more that you feel exactly like those jury members that underrated your country back in 2014.

lilka

Yes I am aware of that entry but a (1)latin song with smashy choreo is much more accessible to basic jury voters than one in a slavic language singing about slavic. For a lot of western europeans it automatically it (2)likewise triggered the cliché of central / eastern european women = slutty/vulgar.
Still, to put Spain as a target is not a good look to blame the underrating of the juries. In fact is shows more that you feel exactly like those jury members that underrated your country back in 2014.
(1) That's very funny, because it's also ethnic, and why Latino ethnic should be considered acceptable and Slavic ethnic not?
(2) Funny aswell, because there's the same stereotype about Western women here.

Chorizo

What a shame that the staging was so bad...

lilka

Guys, next year it's either withdrawal or we should make an experiment and invite Shakira. :ROFLMAO:

Yoozek

(1) That's very funny, because it's also ethnic, and why Latino ethnic should be considered acceptable and Slavic ethnic not?

Maybe it's more about "Let me show my tits and duck face while churning some butter like a handjob" vs "let me burn the stage down with the choreo". One screams slutty, the other one represents more quality than that. Just saying...

simonPL

How many people watched the final?? More than in 2021?? :unsure:
Of course! It was the most popular thing on Polish TV last week.

3,77 M (TVP1 + TVP Polonia, 40% SHR) which is 2,29M more than last year and this is the best result after 2016.
Ochman's performance - 4,5M.

Results from 2005 (but without TVP Polonia):
eurowizja%202022-4.png

Top Bottom