Who'd wanna be a king
Pulling too many strings
All that I've done
Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

markdowd

you might explain it by saying he suffered at slot 23 after the UK, but same treatment in semi 2...low jury scores and sixth place. Mystifying... I'm British, but beginning to appreciate Polish negative feelings about jury scores.

PhoenixAscends

8 points from the Jury and 10 from the televote for 🇵🇱 from 🇬🇧. I’m glad to see my country appreciated this. The jury vote speaks volumes as Poland always tends to do well in our televote.

I’m sorry it didn’t receive more appreciation, I think the staging may have let him down, along with the running order. Which I hate to say, as it’s a song contest at the end of the day, but then look who won…

Poland deserved better, one of my favourites. ❤️ Poland.

lilka

My opinion is that some juries from some countries are so desperate for a win that when they sense a possibility for themselves (fans liking the song) and even a minor "threat" from some other great representative from another country, they just vote for random "safe" songs. Poland, on the other hand, plays fair. If we didn't, we would not have given any points to :ua:.
Seriously, I would totally understand and even SUPPORT butchering, Idk, Brzozowski or some other disastrous Polish entry, but not what we got this year. Krystian gave the best vocal performance, the song was not stupid (like Spain) and I have no clue how was his entry worse than UK or Sweden. Seriously, oh Lord, I'm done...

soulm8

I agree that those cheap graphics made him dirty. Great song though. Amazing singers before him made me question his vocals for a second there, but he was good.

lilka

Graphics? Come on! Graphics should be banned for everyone, and not because of Krystian, but because it's laughable to pay soo much, too much attention to them and putting them OVER the song.
Also, there should be a new rule stating that only the person or persons actually SINGING the song are entitled to be on stage. Well, okay, that's a borderline joke from me, but... ;)

Rocket man

8 points from the Jury and 10 from the televote for 🇵🇱 from 🇬🇧. I’m glad to see my country appreciated this. The jury vote speaks volumes as Poland always tends to do well in our televote.

I’m sorry it didn’t receive more appreciation, I think the staging may have let him down, along with the running order. Which I hate to say, as it’s a song contest at the end of the day, but then look who won…

Poland deserved better, one of my favourites. ❤️ Poland.
Yeah, I had a feeling that "River" would be popular with the UK, including the staging. 18 points out of a possible 24 points from the UK to Poland.

lilka

That's nice to read, guys.
Well, at least Krystian presented himself to Europe, many people now know him and appreciate his talent, and hopefully he can pursue at least a European career.

Datura

i found the choice of lightning and effects in this performance very stressful and not complimenting the song tbh.
theres something about the whole thing that is off for me, the song doesn't fit his singing style and i actually don't like the singers vibe at all.... everything seems very manufactured. sorry please dont be offended.
and they kept replaying the same exact part where he missed the rhythm to the chorus over and over again in the recap...
having said that: i thought it would do way better (especially with the juries) but i'm not mad it didnt.

Bobjan FR

I think this is one of the stagings that impressed me the most, it gave me winner vibes even if i knex he would not win.

0scar

Vocally perfect
Staging worst I've ever seen

not surprised this didn't do as well as expected

midnightsun

Veteran
Second to last according to the Swedish jury?

Guess who was the biggest threat for Sweden in that semi, according to fans and bookies? ;) Juries so shady these days, they all do that in every country, this year is the worst. Putting the competitors of their own country low. Low move!

lilka

Guess who was the biggest threat for Sweden in that semi, according to fans and bookies? ;) Juries so shady these days, they all do that in every country, this year is the worst. Putting the competitors of their own country low. Low move!
This is exactly what I said.

Hatari2600

Second to last according to the Swedish jury? Just checked their semi ranking hoping to see Malta up there and yeah, Malta got the most jury points from Sweden. There's a pattern, a shallow taste.
Every year the Swedish jurors give high marks to songs written by their Swedish friends and colleagues... The corruption is real. This year we have Malta and Azerbaijan as examples. But the collective hate against Poland from all across Europe is so bizarre. It doesn't seem like it matters what they send. Here they had a very radio friendly modern pop ballad sung by an amazing vocalist, the kind that they usually shower with points. And yet they still don't care because the flag doesn't have the right colors apparently.

midnightsun

Veteran
It’s not hate against Poland. No country has hate against another… well… exceptions prove the rule. That is so silly to claim.
But Poland has no allies when it comes to juries. There have been shady things going on in the juries like forever. Between a lot of countries. There‘s nothing you can do against it. I also find it a bit strange that it wasn’t received so well by the juries since it was the most contemporary of the ballads and juries obviously liked contemporary stuff this year. Sweden and Greece also sent contemporary ballads and they got much more points.

Bmbriga

As a huge fan of this song (top 3) I must say that I honestly think a staging did a huge disservice to it.
It was a mess and it somehow also made the song messy and cheap. I'm not trying to be shady here.
I know the song very well from before, so it didn't impact me that much, but people in my house who were listening/watching for the first time were like "wtf is this"... Very distracting.
Ok, it did end in top10 on all our lists and we all agree it got robbed by juries.
But I know that even for me personally, it dropped a spot, even though I was the one least impacted by awful staging, since I loved the song from before.

Top Bottom