Who'd wanna be a king
Pulling too many strings
All that I've done
Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

CatTully

I'm sorry, but this being below the likes of Azerbaijan, Belgium, Australia and Switzerland is just hilarious. Maybe the juries do have a mysterious grudge against us.

Oh well, the vocals today were wonderful as usual and I like the song very much. Glad it qualified at least. :giggle:

Yoozek

Whatever. That's weird too.
I am wondering what would happen if we sent an ass-shaking woman. Our result would be even worse. Spain can - we can't.
You mean Daria? A sure NQ :D

But then again, imagine Lidia standing there, crying.

burrito

Whatever. That's weird too.
I am wondering what would happen if we sent an ass-shaking woman. Our result would be even worse. Spain can - we can't.

we could even borrow Chanel and send her next year as our entrant, 30 points from juries at maximum guaranteed xd

lilka

UK gave our slavic girls 0 but gave 12 to Chanel. Double standards.
Exactly! I would love to say more, but I don't want to be rude and let my emotions speak. I have to cool down and go to sleep.
Maybe it was due to ruZZian hackers indeed? :ROFLMAO:

tuorem

I'm sorry, but this being below the likes of Azerbaijan, Belgium, Australia and Switzerland is just hilarious.
Exactly my thoughts. Somehow, Poles never are good enough for juries even when they have a solid entry like "River" that should get decent support from them. All the entries you mentioned flopped in the end, so justice was served I guess.

Sad for Ochman, he was the best male vocalist of this edition for me. And great song too.

Realest

Im so disappointed..

burrito

Are you going to turn Poland into the next UK?

no
although we do get pulled down by the juries every year no matter what, and i'm saying that as a harsh critic of my own country's efforts. this year Australia and Azerbaijan got similarly high score from juries, exceeding 100 points, we didn't even get a half of that despite Krystian's performance being at least on the same level as theirs.

spinachpie

no
although we do get pulled down by the juries every year no matter what, and i'm saying that as a harsh critic of my own country's efforts. this year Australia and Azerbaijan got similarly high score from juries, exceeding 100 points, we didn't even get a half of that despite Krystian's performance being at least on the same level as theirs.
I don't remember a great Polish song from the last five years. That's the problem. This year was very good but it had issues with staging and standing out against other similar songs. It got a very high televote.

burrito

I don't remember a great Polish song from the last five years. That's the problem. This year was very good but it had issues with staging and standing out against other similar songs. It got a very high televote.

i'm not saying we had a great song either, but even a good or even a midfield song can be underrated.
i didn't like Color of Your Life one bit, but come on, we did not deserve 7 points.
Kasia Moś did not deserve just 23.
and most certainly, Krystian did not deserve 46, especially with comparison with aforementioned :az: and :au: - i'm talking about those because they are the most similar - their stagings weren't exactly standing out either, and ours wasn't that bad really - it was mostly those stupid effects which could potentially make the experience less enjoyable.

i feel like there is barely a difference between our entries when it comes to jury results, no matter if the song/performance is actually weak (2018, 2019 for example - although with the latter I doubt if objectively speaking Belarus was actually better enough to qualify over us, and I hate Fire of Love with a passion) or decent.

and it's not only Poland who I think seems to be "hated" by jury, Germany for example got screwed a few times too despite having songs which, while not the greatest, got the pretty much undeserved result (hello Ann Sophie, hello Malik, heck even Levina with her 6 points)

soulm8

I was shocked by the jury results. The running order did him dirty as well with a lot of big voices before him. Was he nervous tonight, he sounded little shaky?

jeriswani

Poland not doing that well in the televote this year makes me think Michal Szpak didn’t actually do well due to diaspora maybe the public just like the song. Either that are they just decided to give their votes to Ukraine instead.

CatTully

Poland not doing that well in the televote this year makes me think Michal Szpak didn’t actually do well due to diaspora maybe the public just like the song. Either that are they just decided to give their votes to Ukraine instead.
That was obvious back in 2016.

nofuxCZ

The jury result for Poland is truly puzzling. I really don't understand it. Were they put off by the screen effects? If the juries are meant to be truly professional they should be able to look past that.

On the other hand, there is no need to throw dirt on other countries like Spain. Don't act like Spain is some kind of privileged country that has it easy with the juries. Last time Spain had more than 100 points was in 1995.

ArmpitOfEurope

As I predicted, the zombies and the effects were a turn off for the juries. Staging wasnt jury friendly at all. Coming after the jury fav didnt help either.
A pity he didnt at least make it into the top 10, great song and very talented man.

Top Bottom