Pulling too many strings
All that I've done
Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
Trying to do what Italy, Israel, Estonia, Norway and Denmark are doing. You know Superfinal but actually it's just to earn more money from the SMS voting. Lol.

njdevils94

Veteran
He? The show is tomorrow.. or did the jury already vote? :D What did I miss :D
No of course not but it says in the rules each jury member has to allocate 100 points among the songs, and they have to give at least 1 point to each song. So you could have a situation where one judge could almost completlely rig it giving Daria like 75 of his/he points and Ochman 10 or something like that which I doubt the tele-vote could overcome.

Jokes are already being made that a juror could literally do a 91 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 + 1 :coffee:

Mainshow

Veteran
No of course not but it says in the rules each jury member has to allocate 100 points among the songs, and they have to give at least 1 point to each song. So you could have a situation where one judge could almost completlely rig it giving Daria like 75 of his/he points and Ochman 10 or something like that which I doubt the tele-vote could overcome.

Jokes are already being made that a juror could literally do a 91 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 + 1 :coffee:

WTF is this shit.... this system is absolutely ridiculous.
This can turn everything around.

OMG.....

MY....

Looren

Veteran

What the actual fuck....

Mainshow

Veteran
OMG - does it mean that the public will also award 500 pts to the songs?? And we will end up facing 1,000 pts in total?

Seriously, I don´t want to do so much calculating at 11:30 pm tomorrow.

Also, I really need to spend some time on learning all the numbers in Polish again....

Mainshow

Veteran
Seriously, I have never heard of such a stupid system.

What if some jury members would place "Ochman" #2 but in the end, he gets like 60% pts less from these members (compared to their #1).

ESC94

OMG - does it mean that the public will also award 500 pts to the songs?? And we will end up facing 1,000 pts in total?

Also, I really need to spend some time on learning all the numbers in Polish again....

I feel you, maths was never my favourite subject. :ROFLMAO:

Mainshow

Veteran
I feel you, maths was never my favourite subject. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously.. imagine shit like that happening tomorrow

juror 1juror 2juror 3juror 4juror 5publictotal
song 113622154078
song 25119219100146
song 3221751222381
song 430251131278159
song 54620742061
song 692031333123201
song 71044115676
song 8261412429
song 943302232284
song 101223793485

LOOK AT THIS F******SADFDSAFADS MESS!

Basically, all songs can win now - depending on who all individual jury members vote.
Also, I think that this system is a huge pile of shit because even I - who came up with that imaginary chart - had problems to not exceed these 100 pts per juror - I´m afraid that each juror won´t spend much time on trying to calculate how many points should be the difference between their #5 and #6 and in the end, it won´t add up - so that they will give less points to songs they actually like.

WHAT A BIG FAT MESS!!!!!!!

And now imagine, the scoreboard won´t function/work like in :ua: Vidbir

Kalush would immediately drop dead.

Last edited:

ESC94

Seriously.. imagine shit like that happening tomorrow

juror 1juror 2juror 3juror 4juror 5publictotal
song 113622154078
song 25119219100146
song 3221751222381
song 430251131278159
song 54620742061
song 692031333123201
song 71044115676
song 8261412429
song 943302232284
song 101223793485

LOOK AT THIS F******SADFDSAFADS MESS!

Basically, all songs can win know - depending on who all individual jury members vote.
Also, I think that this system is a huge pile of shit because even I - who came up with that imaginary chart - had problems to not exceed these 100 pts per juror - I´m afraid that each juror won´t spend much time on trying to calculate how many points should be the difference between their #5 and #6 and in the end, it won´t add up - so that they will give less points to songs they actually like.

WHAT A BIG FAT MESS!!!!!!!

And now imagine, the scoreboard won´t function/work like in :ua: Vidbir

Kalush would immediately drop dead.

Ok, now I´m having a big headache. xstars

njdevils94

Veteran

I believe the public vote will be based on percentage so yes 500 points to give out in total as well.

Iker

Veteran

What if they don't do math correctly and end up distributing less than 100 pts or more than that in total though? The hot mess in the making.

nazare-tedesco-maths.gif

EscGeek

Veteran
My faves for today:

Daria "Paranoia"
Karolina Stanisławczyk & Chika Toro "Move"

Daria overshadows everyone! Please win! This is by far the song i care most about today. If she wins she'll leave :lv: and :md: in the dust xlovexmusicxrosexbow

Btw. I found this parody: Baranina means Lamb, and you know how i feel about food themed songs.. x12pointsxblushxrofl

• Scream
Reactions: Mrm

crashworld

Veteran
Thanks Poland broadcaster who overcomplicate things. Create more work for the auditor who is going to have additional work to audit the results. Seriously, why can't they just make it simple and rank the songs accordingly, and the points will then correspond with the actual ranking. They better not make Ochman lose, if not I can sense another scandal or shitstorm coming.

As much as I enjoy a good drama and scandal, they better not involved my favourite.

A-lister

Veteran
So this is what I think...

- If Daria manages with the live vocals and performance, she has the highest chance to gain a good result for Poland in May since as far as song goes, it's the best, most polished and overall accessable package. Now the question is performance skills, and unfortunately it seems a bit Margaret territory, sometimes it's ok and at others it's way too shaky and thus it could struggle with juries in ESC, so for that reason she remains a question mark. Also, I think the song would do good with a revamp, but it won't happen (this is a general issue with these entries)

- Ochman on the other hand could be a jury magnet, the things that talk against the entry is that juries tend to downgrade Poland as a country and the song is not polished and accessible enough for their taste, but vocally he is undoubtedly the safer choice since ESC juries always have a tendency to mix up the contest with The Voice. Now where Ochman could struggle is with televotes in ESC, diaspora might be there for it, and he is attractive and sings good, but the song is simply not something I can see televoters going all crazy about in its current form and if Poland once again misses out on staging, then it's not sure at all this will do well with televoters. If he wins, which I think will happen, a revamp (that won't happen) would be very needed.

Bottom-line, I'm pretty sure Ochman will win, but I like him more than his entry which is where the problem is for me and I'm afraid will be with many televoters in May as well. Revamp revamp revamp! The potential is there, and the song is good, but it needs a better production and structure.

Top Bottom