Pulling too many strings
All that I've done
Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

aef

very substantive answer, congratulations
I'm sorry but in my opinion "incredible bridge and catchy chorus" is just a ridiculous comment. The chorus and the verses don't fit together at all, there's no connection. And the chorus feels quite dated with its dubstep vibe. And personally I just don't feel any emotion when hearing the song, it wants to be super emotional, in fact it's trying really really hard (to hard) but in the end it totally fails with serving any emotions.

bazinga

I'm sorry but in my opinion "incredible bridge and catchy chorus" is just a ridiculous comment. The chorus and the verses don't fit together at all, there's no connection. And the chorus feels quite dated with its dubstep vibe. And personally I just don't feel any emotion when hearing the song, it wants to be super emotional, in fact it's trying really really hard (to hard) but in the end it totally fails with serving any emotions.
Well that's normal . People have different tastes, u know. It will be nearly impossible for everyone to love a certain performance. No point in "arguing" who's taste is right (better)

Mainshow

Veteran
It´s totally alright to dislike a song.

Personally, I don´t think it sounds outdated because it´s not really dubstep he uses. To me, it sounds fresh and not flat at all, though (especially because of the different chorus which keeps it interesting. Also, I love it how the backings compliments his voice). I would describe "River" to be rich in sound and very emotional... It´s just a matter of perspective/point of view, I guess.

mauve

Veteran
For some reason I just can't get into Ochman. His voice is great, but the song is too mixed up - but I don't think it sounds outdated, it is just a matter of taste. So far, the ESC season hasn't reached me yet :devilish:, the only chosen song I really like is We are Domi. I am hoping though that Finland is clever enough to take The Rasmus, the my world is okay again. ;)

Mainshow

Veteran
For some reason I just can't get into Ochman. His voice is great, but the song is too mixed up - but I don't think it sounds outdated, it is just a matter of taste. So far, the ESC season hasn't reached me yet :devilish:, the only chosen song I really like is We are Domi. I am hoping though that Finland is clever enough to take The Rasmus, the my world is okay again. ;)

We are Domi are my last place so far :D But I´m also not really keen on the already selected entries. Last year was a way better start, imo. I love the original version of :al: but I´m afraid of the revamp. The snippet Ronela has previewed sounded horrible and since she can´t really speak or pronounce English well, I think that I will have to heavily downgrade the new version. :es: comes next but it´s a very generous :8: - mostly because of the performance.... hopefully, Italy and the national finals next week and the following week won´t disappoint me. Israel will be a turd of a song, for sure - Malta probably as well. Sweden will probably go for the most clichéd gospel-ish pop song or bland pop song performed... hopefully, :az: and other entries which are internally chosen will save me :D

mauve

Veteran
hopefully, Italy and the national finals next week and the following week won´t disappoint me. Israel will be a turd of a song, for sure - Malta probably as well. Sweden will probably go for the most clichéd gospel-ish pop song or bland pop song performed... hopefully, :az: and other entries which are internally chosen will save me
Same hopes xpray AND fears IOTAP.

Iker

Veteran
The Rasmus - Jezebel would be a good choice for Finland but I prefer Olivera - Thank God I'm an Atheist.

Iker

Veteran
My ranking
1. Czysta Woda - my subjective favourite
2. River (but it's logically the best choice for the Eurovision)
3. Paranoia
4. Lovesick
5. Dokąd?
6. Move
7. Drogowskazy
8. Głośniej niż decybele
9. Why does it hurt

+ Mila?

darkland

"No connection", don't amuse me xD Listen to North Macedonia 2018 and you will here "no connection" there. Chorus and verses are totally similar melodically so sorry, your point of view is ridiculous and not true indeed. If this is dated, then London Grammar comes from Middle Ages.

FabiESC

My Ranking so far....

1 Karolina Stanisławczyk feat. Chika Toro - Move 10/10
2 Ania Byrcyn - Dokąd? 9/10
3 Daria - Paranoia 8/10
4 Krystian Ochman - River 8/10
5 Kuba Szmajkowski - Lovesick 6/10
6 Lidia Kopania - Why Does It Hurt 5/10
7 Unmute - Głośniej niż decybele 5/10
8 Karolina Lizer - Czysta woda 4/10
9 Szlachta Sisters - Drogowskazy 2/10

Yoozek

Well that's normal . People have different tastes, u know. It will be nearly impossible for everyone to love a certain performance. No point in "arguing" who's taste is right (better)

Well if you call dubstep with classic singer dated... I mean, give me one famous example from this century. It's fresh and it's meant to have these differences on verses-chorus level. It's his style (like his CD)

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
The demo version of "River".

Sorry if this has been posted before. The final version is definitely much better. But it's interesting that for the demo version, the instrumentals, though quite bare (likely due to the production of it), is actually pretty apparent whereas the final version they are pretty much in the background because the song focuses much more on Ochman's vocals (and the choir of course). I kinda like the demo version of the instrumentals strangely.

I'm actually very much onboard with Poland sending this song. I haven't even bother checking the other entries, except hearing the "live" version of "Paranoia" by chance.

Schlagerman1

So I listened through the polish songs and well, the choice is pretty clear here, Ochman has by far the best song for the contest.
But I can't help feeling a bit underwhelmed by it. It has a great melody and an amazing singer by the looks of it. The problem for me is probably the lyrics here. They are just so bad, it's repetive on some places and feels lackluster on what could have been a powerful song. When listening to it, I almost wish that the verses were in polish and that only the at least decent chorus is in English. I think that might have made a stronger impact. But I can't see this win in Turin...I would be very surprised if it would. xthink

Top Bottom