Who'd wanna be a king
Pulling too many strings
All that I've done
Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

PhoenixAscends

The special effects make the performance look cheap, it would be better without it.
Agreed. In my mind he was to be my favourite in this semi final, but I went for Sweden in the end.
I actually felt quite nauseated and dizzy in parts. Think I might need to consult a doctor. I’m really gutted because I love the song and the singer, but Cornelia gave an overall better performance.

Johnny777

He was the best yesterday. You always have to remember that this is a singing competition first and foremost. "River" is a masterpiece. A beautiful intimate modern ballad. Very difficult to sing and yet people remember it and have positive impressions. I wish him a high place! Victory !

Preuss

Beautiful show, though maybe not very cohesive. He killed it vocally. Ochman’s definitely going to be in the top ten

Those visual effects looked cheap but really effective though imo

Uto

Veteran
I see people whining about the cheap graphical effects. Keep in mind Poland has a pretty hard problem to solve in that this really is just Ochman singing a song on stage without being able to move much because it's technically quite difficult and he has to sing non-stop. It will be a static performance, no way around it. You can try to have all this shit going on around him but then that is too distracting and it's not like the song offers these swelling notes where you can really milk the lighting. So yeah, they needed something else, something that they can bring in and switch out instantly and these graphics fit the bill. Yeah ok maybe not have them so cringe-tier and meme-worthy I hear you say, but this sort of misses the point. The meme-worthy is memorable.

Preuss

Adorable when he said on his Instagram that he didn’t expect to qualify, lmao

Ezio

Veteran
Best staging ever for the best song ever by the most handsome singer ever. Kocham cię

Yoozek

Rain was fine, but the intro to the 2nd chorus... Damn these idiots in polish delegation never read comments online, now do they. 99% of poeple say "REMOVE IT" yet somehow they manage to keep it this way. Jury won't eat this up.

Imho, this will cost my Ochman his well deserved top3.

JonasS

The special effects make the performance look cheap, it would be better without it.
+1
I'm afraid this is going to cost him some places in the end. The effects look like out of a school movie project to me. And they stuck around for way too long. The performance can stand its own without any of this.

lilka

What is his spot in the final? I only know that he's performing in the 2nd half, but I have just read that Greece is 17th, so... does anyone know?

grazy2266

I love this song and the staging in the arena may look good, but at home on TV I think the effects are way too much, they even look a little dated as if developed by software around 10 years ago.

A-lister

Veteran
Congrats on the qualification Poland xclap Even with the downsides of this entry (which I already pointed out in here), it was still undoubtedly one of the stronger ones in a weak semi and Ochman is also undoubtedly one o, if not the, strongest vocalist this year. With that said Poland again proved that staging is their weakest spot in Eurovision, those "special effects" are a complete trainwreck and are in no way helping the entry, maybe they are used to cover up the fact that Krystian lacks stage presence and charisma (sure he is a great vocalist and a good looking fella), but if that's the "solution" then I think it would still be better without so I really hope the Polish delegation will drop it for the final.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
I will have to say that like many others I also disliked those special effects "droplets and rain" imposed on the performance. Ok, rain was somewhat ok but those droplets on my screen were off-putting. It looked tacky but I liked everything else! And we're back into the GF.

Brandt

I see people whining about the cheap graphical effects. Keep in mind Poland has a pretty hard problem to solve in that this really is just Ochman singing a song on stage without being able to move much because it's technically quite difficult and he has to sing non-stop. It will be a static performance, no way around it. You can try to have all this shit going on around him but then that is too distracting and it's not like the song offers these swelling notes where you can really milk the lighting. So yeah, they needed something else, something that they can bring in and switch out instantly and these graphics fit the bill. Yeah ok maybe not have them so cringe-tier and meme-worthy I hear you say, but this sort of misses the point. The meme-worthy is memorable.
He didn’t need any cheap effects in the national final to win it lol

Top Bottom