All that I've done
Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran

ESC94

I don't know, sadly :c My great grandparents were polish and that's all I know... I still have the polish last name though :ROFLMAO:

So that means you don´t speak any Polish??

Sadly I only know some very simple things like "Yes", "No", "Goodbye" or "My name is". My parents wanted to teach me the language but sadly I was pretty stubborn when I was a little child. :(

Mainshow

Veteran
Btw, it was such a lovely gesture to acknowledge ALL former Eurovision participants form Poland by showing snippets of their performances or having their faces in the intro of the 2nd part of the show.

I can´t imagine NDR inviting Jendrik, Ann-Sophie, Levina, S!ster, Jamie-Lee and Ben Dolic to be part of our national final next month :D

I bims

Veteran
So that means you don´t speak any Polish??

Sadly I only know some very simple things like "Yes", "No", "Goodbye" or "My name is". My parents wanted to teach me the language but sadly I was pretty stubborn when I was a little child. :(
No but based on my name a lot of polish people assume that I do :ROFLMAO: Always awkward when they talk to me and my only response is a blank stare. And I'm very lazy when it comes to learning languages... just not my thing.
Maybe I should also at least learn basics like "Yes" "No" and "Sorry I'm a german potato I sadly don't understand you"

Mainshow

Veteran
No but based on my name a lot of polish people assume that I do :ROFLMAO: Always awkward when they talk to me and my only response is a blank stare. And I'm very lazy when it comes to learning languages... just not my thing.
Maybe I should also at least learn basics like "Yes" "No" and "Sorry I'm a german potato I sadly don't understand you"

Let us all disapora kids attend next year´s national final in Poland and maybe attend a language course for a week or two straight before the event ;)

ESC94

Knowing a few basics is always a good thing, Polish is also a beautiful language, next to Slovenian my favourite from the Slavic family.

FilipFromSweden

I guess if this was a melfest winner you'd have added a 1 before 2 🤭

My motivation: the song is just a bit cringeworthy, we've heard it before. Also his voice (or his pitch?) is completely wrong for the song.

Mainshow

Veteran
I´m totally in favor of that!! (y)

Is your Polish at least a little bit better than ours?? :ROFLMAO:

I can ask for the way (and understand the given directions) but that´s it - a couple of phrases and words - I can read the menu (which is a good thing, I guess - unless the dishes get too exotic) but having a conversation? no :D

Skrzeczk

I'm glad that song from Poland made so good impression on some people. Last year TVP made a huge mistake sending very forgettable and poor song... I don't know what to expect in may, there's potential here but I don't see it as positive asbookmakers and please, staging should be improved! And he sounds great today for most parts of the song but some parts of the song were sung worse than I expected. Anyway I give :8: points. Currently my third place.

midnightsun

Veteran
Oh wow!!! My first 12 points this year!!! Awesome song; I wish he would leave out that high note Arcade sound which ruins the song a bit. Because it sounds like an Arcade copy.

kamc

I think this well do decently in Turin, as in a left side finish of the scoreboard around 12-15th place, but no way do I see it as an actual contender.
The big weakness here is Ochman himself. He has a great voice but lacks any kind of stage presence and charisma like Duncan and Gjon’s Tears had, for example.
Ochman has a very introverted way of performing which doesn’t invite the viewer in and I don’t think it’s something you can just improve on, but we’ll see.
The big factor working in his favour though is that this year is turning out to be a very weak one so far.

hunty73

One good thing about Ochman winning is laying Poland to win ESC will pay my bills for a year

Top Bottom