Who'd wanna be a king
Pulling too many strings
All that I've done
Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

aef

Hahahaha I just watched his live performance. I have so many questions. This is such a mess. Why this background? These colours? WTF it this staging in general. His facial expressions...

It's nothing personal and nothing against :pl: but I still don't like this song at all. The chorus and the verses still don't work together for me at all. The beat of the chorus is so painful. And then this wannabe-epic bridge...

:3: points for me (for decent vocals).

Ezio

Veteran
Hahahaha I just watched his live performance. I have so many questions. This is such a mess. Why this background? These colours? WTF it this staging in general. His facial expressions...

It's nothing personal and nothing against :pl: but I still don't like this song at all. The chorus and the verses still don't work together for me at all. The beat of the chorus is so painful. And then this wannabe-epic bridge...

:3: points for me (for decent vocals).
Damn, you are escalating qucikly again lol 😆

aef

Mainshow

Veteran
I watched it with my parents and even though "River" was our favourite, my mother was keeping her fingers crossed for "Paranoia" in the end and I can totally understand why because the chorus of "River" didn´t really work on stage - TVP/Ochman really needs to ditch this band setting for this entry. It doesn´t work.
Also, he sounds rather flat in the chorus - maybe they should have added a backing track like Daria and Kuba did?

Apart from that, Ochman was really great - the verses and the middle 8 part were beautifully sung and it´s definitely a very memorable entry and one of the best chances for Poland to finally perform well.

I am a bit surprised that Daria won the juries, though - but to be fair, "Paranoia" somehow slapped live - the choreography, her styling/outfit... it all suited the song very well.

Overall, this national final was well-executed despite the lack of props - the interval acts have been on fire/well-chosen and I loved it that all of them added another Eurovision winning entry after performing their own (Junior) Eurovision entires!

Anyway, I´ve got a new number-one. :12: from me - if they come up with another staging, I can see it doing well in May!

Zeus

Performance looks like an audition for a Got Talent show from some local boy who makes his first appearance for a live public.

Song is a bit repetitive but still okay-ish, performance is just bland. Missing power and emotion as well, just act If you don't really feel it.

Ezio

Veteran
What's it with you, always in need of judging my opinion...
Because it’s not just negative but extremely dismissive most of the time and I feel offended and second hand embarrassment, no matter if I like a song or not.

Mrm

Veteran
Interpretation is reallly good, vocals are perfect! There are some technical elements in singing jury should notice without a single doubt, compositon is really nice..I realy do like it... I give :12: in the poll... I'm just not sure about the drums on the stage, I hope for some changes there.. :)

aef

Because it’s not just negative but extremely dismissive most of the time and I feel offended and second hand embarrassment, no matter if I like a song or not.
Yeah, maybe just stop focusing on my comments that much and get another hobby... I haven't been disrespectful anywhere concerning the :pl: song. I respect the decent vocals for example but I just don't like the rest, not more not less. And that's my opinion, deal with it.

Iker

Veteran
Yeah, and this is my worries if it ends up in ESC considering Poland's track-record of bad stagings in ESC.

Also he had zero emotion or connection put into that performance, I mean sure you look good, you sing good and your song is ok, but if that's the energy he will bring to ESC, considering the song is kinda half-done, then this is a potential NQ for Poland I'm afraid.
I am not too worried about Ochman, I don't expect a scenario where he'll look half-dead and squirting his eyes in Torino. I think it can only be better.

Btw. I also started thinking that a revamp would do its some good.

crashworld

Veteran
I am a bit surprised that Daria won the juries, though - but to be fair, "Paranoia" somehow slapped live - the choreography, her styling/outfit... it all suited the song very well.

Shocked! But I think the score difference must be marginal in order for Ochman to win it all. All thanks to the Polish public. Thank you for giving my no. 1 for this year's competition (so far).

Top Bottom