Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
It has been announced that there will be a jury in the Polish national final
  • Halina Frąckowiak – Singer
  • Marek Sierocki – Commentator for Poland at Junior Eurovision and Eurovision
  • Marcin Kusy – Previously on the Polish selection jury in 2016
  • Szymon Orłowski – President of LOFT ART Association for the Promotion of Culture and Art
  • Krystian Kuczkowski – TVP Program Director

WirtualneMedia.pl has announced the jury that will have a 50% say in the Polish representative for Eurovision.

The host of Tu bije serce Europy! Wybieramy hity na Eurowizję will be TVP presenter and last years Polish representative Rafał Brzozowski. Rafał represented Poland in Rotterdam with “The Ride” but failed to qualify for the Grand Final.

hijirio

Veteran
I hope one day I can understand the hype for Ochman.
It's a nice song, but I can't imagine any way they can make this work with a live performance & staging. I'm looking forward. 👀

A-lister

Veteran
Wait - so all the Ochmann-hype was for nothing?!

EDIT: Sorry, I confused the list of jurors with entries and don't know how to cancel this post. It's morning and I am already unconcentrated. Perfect start to work. o_O
:lol:

I love the "titles" of those new supposed "entries" :lol:

Halina Frąckowiak – Singer
Marek Sierocki – Commentator for Poland at Junior Eurovision and Eurovision
Marcin Kusy – Previously on the Polish selection jury in 2016
Szymon Orłowski – President of LOFT ART Association for the Promotion of Culture and Art
Krystian Kuczkowski – TVP Program Director

hijirio

Veteran

Mainshow

Veteran
:az: 2011 will be the interval act for this national final. We will also see:

- Blue Café (:pl: 2004)
- Justyna Steczkowska (:pl: 1995)
- Kasia Mos (:pl: 2017)
- jesc participants Sarah James (2021) and Viki Gabor (2019)

Gwiazdami finału polskich preselekcji będą Blue Cafe (ESC 2004), Justyna Steczkowska (ESC 1995), Kasia Moś (ESC 2017), Sara James (JESC 2021), Viki Gabor (JESC 2019) oraz zwycięzcy Eurowizji 2011 – duet Ell & Nikki z Azerbejdżanu.

source: https://dziennik-eurowizyjny.pl/202...y-achille-lauro-w-finale-selekcji-san-marino/

simonPL

Okay, after this interview I am totally against her being our representative. I always felt like she is not a person that I would like to be friends, but the interview confrimed my feelings. I tried to understand why she can be nervous - she was kind of a banker, then they decided to do NF and we have a new leader now.

Journalist asked her about "River" and she said that this is not her style, but every song brings something different to the competition and Poles will decided. She is more into pop music, so she is more into "Lovesick" maybe, because everyone likes to hear pop music on the radio and on Spotify, but "good God, I am not against Krystian". Interviewer asked what song "Paranoia" or "River" is more in ESC-style, so she said again that Poles will decide and we will see. She started loosing her temper in here - "I don't want to talk about it", "Krystian is not my thing", "I don't know why I am asked about him all the time", so journalist told her that Krysian and her are the strongest entries with the biggest chances to win, so she replied "okay, but when it comes to ballads - why we don't talk about Ania Byrcyn?". And now it's my favourite part, because Daria wants to ask her own questions: Why people put Ochman on the lead seat even before official release of his song? This is a question for all Eurovision fans from her. Speaking of Poland being #1 in odds she said "Listen guys, there is many PR-tricks/competencies in his team" and she congratuleted him. "Not everybody has to know the truth" she said and added that "Krystian has released 10-12 songs so far, so if his fans like them, I am okay with that (XD)" and once again "I am not against Krystian", but media creates her as "a witch" and she want them to ask Krystian the same questions, but they ask him only about COVID (is he sick? i don't know).

Conclusion is a pure gold "I want Polish people to see the truth, we will see what is going to happen" and she said that "Paranoia" has 4.8 or 4.9 (points) on every official fans of Eurovision around the wolrd (XD) so "this is basicly 5".

I don't know what is she talking about, probably some app with points, right?

PS: Speaking of manipulations on the Internet, in a comments section on Pudelek.pl (the most popular Polish gossip site) Ochman is the one who is under assault. So it looks like "PR tricks" for me more than being #1 on odds, because some people wanted to bet on Poland after "River" leak.

A-lister

Veteran
Okay, after this interview I am totally against her being our representative. I always felt like she is not a person that I would like to be friends, but the interview confrimed my feelings. I tried to understand why she can be nervous - she was kind of a banker, then they decided to do NF and we have a new leader now.

Journalist asked her about "River" and she said that this is not her style, but every song brings something different to the competition and Poles will decided. She is more into pop music, so she is more into "Lovesick" maybe, because everyone likes to hear pop music on the radio and on Spotify, but "good God, I am not against Krystian". Interviewer asked what song "Paranoia" or "River" is more in ESC-style, so she said again that Poles will decide and we will see. She started loosing her temper in here - "I don't want to talk about it", "Krystian is not my thing", "I don't know why I am asked about him all the time", so journalist told her that Krysian and her are the strongest entries with the biggest chances to win, so she replied "okay, but when it comes to ballads - why we don't talk about Ania Byrcyn?". And now it's my favourite part, because Daria wants to ask her own questions: Why people put Ochman on the lead seat even before official release of his song? This is a question for all Eurovision fans from her. Speaking of Poland being #1 in odds she said "Listen guys, there is many PR-tricks/competencies in his team" and she congratuleted him. "Not everybody has to know the truth" she said and added that "Krystian has released 10-12 songs so far, so if his fans like them, I am okay with that (XD)" and once again "I am not against Krystian", but media creates her as "a witch" and she want them to ask Krystian the same questions, but they ask him only about COVID (is he sick? i don't know).

Conclusion is a pure gold "I want Polish people to see the truth, we will see what is going to happen" and she said that "Paranoia" has 4.8 or 4.9 (points) on every official fans of Eurovision around the wolrd (XD) so "this is basicly 5".

PS: Speaking of manipulations on the Internet, in a comments section on Pudelek.pl (the most popular Polish gossip site) Ochman is the one who is under assault. So it looks like "PR tricks" for me more than being #1 on odds, because some people wanted to bet on Poland after "River" leak.

To be fair though, if she only gets questions about Krystian and he gets questions about himself and his entry, then I would also be annoyed in her shoes. There is a certain way females are being treated differently by journalists, and by the public in general, than males are.

I stick to my original point, she has the better entry of the two, but I'm pretty sure he will win and it will still be a step up for Poland, I wish though he would have chosen one of his Polish songs from his album instead because I really feel River is a bit homemade trying to be more than it can live up to.

simonPL

@A-lister Yes, I see your point that is why I wrote that I try to understand her. Anyway, she was interviewed by a women as well, so I don't know if this is about men vs woman treatment by journalists. To be honest, those journalists from gossip websites are not pros, and Daria could bite her back VERY easily.

Instead of this - she decided to act like resentful diva - that body language, what she is talking, the way she is talking and all those allegations... Reception of this interview is really not good for her in general as I can see the comment section.

And now "Daria" is trending on Twitter in Poland... she just went so wrong.

Not helping for televoting!

Mainshow

Veteran
She could have just said: "I´m happy for him being part of this selection - it´s a very competitive NF and his song is strong. I wish him and all the other contestants the best" - full stop.

It´s like Christina Aguilera being asked about Britney´s conservatorship/end of it when Christina had her first public appearance again and she basically refused to answer, was almost eye-rolling and finally said in a fake voice "I´m happy for hhhheeeeeeeeeeer" whilst being pulled back by her publicst saying "Naaaah. We are not doing this today! I´m sorry!"

I have some sympathy for artists being asked about other artists on so many occasions! They want to talk about their own work/artistry BUT being asked about other artists because your lives or careers are somehow heavily linked to each other is inevitable. To not cause a shitstorm like Christina did or Daria is doing right now: GET YOUR ANSWERS before-hand.
Just smile - say two or three sentences which are kind and continue talking about your own work.

Sometimes I really think that these artists wants to create some fuss - and they don´t care how they created it.

kamc

Meh, Daria probably knows this is the most pointless NF as Ochman is 100% winning so she just wants to create some publicity for herself.

Mainshow

Veteran
Meh, Daria probably knows this is the most pointless NF as Ochman is 100% winning so she just wants to create some publicity for herself.
I wouldn´t be so sure about that - Margaret and Edyta also failed big time despite having a rather big fanbase.

We don´t know how the jury will be voting + maybe we will get another "one call per device" rule? Who knows...

LivingOrganism

Maybe I'm a weird person, but I have read an article about it, then listened to the whole interview and... I really don't understand what's wrong with her words. She was extremely diplomatic and constantly tried pointing out that she simply doesn't want to be asked about Krystian over and over again. Again, she said all of that in a polite and diplomatic way.

I myself didn't like the journalist's demeanour more. She was clearly asking all these questions with the intention of creating a drama (probably to boost the "big duel" way the selection is being portrayed as in the media). Clearly, I must be very weird, but I just can't understand what in Daria's words made people angry.

PS. I like River more than Paranoia, but this just seems like the media are trying to deliberately create a drama. I wouldn't be surprised, if tomorrow some random shit with Ochman appeared as well.

Also, I am not a public person in any way, but I don't see why Daria suddenly has to like Ochman's song. She is a pop artist, it's natural that she would prefer this kind of music. Why on eart is something like: "I am not a fan of his song, but let's see what people decide" considered to be bad. At least she's honest unlike almost everyone on TV.

A-lister

Veteran
Maybe I'm a weird person, but I have read an article about it, then listened to the whole interview and... I really don't understand what's wrong with her words. She was extremely diplomatic and constantly tried pointing out that she simply doesn't want to be asked about Krystian over and over again. Again, she said all of that in a polite and diplomatic way.

I myself didn't like the journalist's demeanour more. She was clearly asking all these questions with the intention of creating a drama (probably to boost the "big duel" way the selection is being portrayed as in the media). Clearly, I must be very weird, but I just can't understand what in Daria's words made people angry.

PS. I like River more than Paranoia, but this just seems like the media are trying to deliberately create a drama. I wouldn't be surprised, if tomorrow some random shit with Ochman appeared as well.

Also, I am not a public person in any way, but I don't see why Daria suddenly has to like Ochman's song. She is a pop artist, it's natural that she would prefer this kind of music. Why on eart is something like: "I am not a fan of his song, but let's see what people decide" considered to be bad. At least she's honest unlike almost everyone on TV.

This and not weird at all!

It's obvious "journalists" try to pin the two main acts against each other to create headlines, and I stick to my opinion that being a woman she is also treated differently (media loves to create the narrative of a "diva" or "bitch").

And tbh it's also refreshing if a person can just state their opinion publicly, I've had it with all these fake celebrities "loving" everything when being asked, like why? She can rightly be tired of such questions and it's not like she is rude, but does she need to "love" it? xshrug

Yoozek

Yeah, that bitchy woman should not be interviewing anyone but her 14 cats. Typical gossip-site random "journalist". Last week I saw an episode with her interviewing Lidia, going back and forth to the divorce topic , over and over, for like 5 mins. Lidia had no idea how to hint "f* off" in a polite manner for yet another time.

But then again, it's not about what Daria said, it's about her attitude. When she started defending herself, she stopped thinking clear. The "journalist" just got in her head.

revallsay

Mila's song has just arrived and is notjing special

Top Bottom