So baby, hold on for the ride of your life
High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright

I'm gonna take all the world tonight (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
Not gonna ask, gonna take what's mine (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
So hold on tight, baby, let's get high (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
High above the ground
Ride, staring at the neon signs
Let me figure out what is in and out

High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright​

Last edited by a moderator:

VikingTiger

I really dont think that Poland entry is that bad this year. The song (and singer) seems to receive it's fair share of hate and negative comments.
I gave The Ride 7p. And I havent changed that. This is the most "authentic" 80s song this year. In my opinion this could actually have been made 35 years ago! The sound brings me nostalgia - but the melody and the vocals are not strong enough for more than 7. Way better songs where made back then.
But with 7p this is out of my top 10. And I will not be voting for this. And I think that will be the faith of Poland this year. This will not be a high in the jury ranking. And few televoters will prioritize casting their votes for the Ride - at least too few for Poland to make it to the final.

midnightsun

Veteran
This is a „beautiful mess“ (;)) - a beautiful crazy colorful mess, especially the show with Senhit and I have to say, I love it. I strongly get Serhat 2019 vibes! I really hope he will qualify, this is a song I would get up and dance to!

crashworld

Veteran
The nearest competition he'll have will be Denmark as they are sending the same kind of song. But both singers are nowhere good. Denmark has the slight edge for closing the show. The only way will be Poland giving a great staging to stand out.

Rafal may also appeal to the mature crowd for his song and likely for his looks. So he may also share votes with Uku who is going for that audience.

I wouldn't count Poland (or anybody out) until we are into the rehearsals. So who knows Poland and Rafal may surprise us.

Jopi

So i'm really confused... Is this really live or prerecorded? For a singer that has stigma about BAD VOCALS, this is too perfectxthinkxheat

Mimmon

Veteran
So i'm really confused... Is this really live or prerecorded? For a singer that has stigma about BAD VOCALS, this is too perfectxthinkxheat
I wanna say live because its sounds diffrent.... but still its bad
maybe he is singing live but using autotune corrector thingy

Jopi

It's actually really okay, I expected waaay worse. But for some reason, I still think it's prerecored live.

crashworld

Veteran
I WILL GIVE YOU A RIDE OF YOUR LIFE

It's seems "live" though. He said "let's go" during part of the performance. It will be little weird if he included that in a pre-recorded "live" vocals? And do Polish artists do pre-recorded "live" vocals for their TV performances? Maybe someone from Poland can confirm?

He sounded decent, not the best singer but not the worst. And I can't with the robotic dance though. I wonder if he's embracing his meme status? Lol.

Last edited:

tararaaam

If this a real live, it’s quite good, better than the studio version, and especially considering his reputation. I mean, if it is prerecorded, it’s quite a good job to make it sound not autotuned. My guess would be open mic with a strong backing track. However, he does have to work with pronunciation.
P.S. I really hope we see a better staging in the semis.

Last edited:

CaraMia

I know he is quite hated, but come on guys, this is a live performance! What sense would even make to come up with a pre-recorded live vocal performance in this situation? He is there live on stage, this is not a pre-recorded performance to be shown during the show (and even if it were a live pre-recorded performance, it would still be with his live vocals). Just accept it: the guy can sing and this is probably going to do much better than everybody is expecting!

tararaaam

I know he is quite hated, but come on guys, this is a live performance! What sense would even make to come up with a pre-recorded live vocal performance in this situation? He is there live on stage, this is not a pre-recorded performance to be shown during the show (and even if it were a live pre-recorded performance, it would still be with his live vocals). Just accept it: the guy can sing and this is probably going to do much better than everybody is expecting!
If I understand it correctly, the show was filmed earlier, and as a result, there must have been some “corrections” when editing the episode. Just not too much, to make sure it does not look playback. Listening it for a second time, I can definitely hear a live voice that has gotten some live autotune or after-editing.

Last edited:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
the way this is MASSIVELY growing on me ;; the horrendous clip that leaked earlier this week made me stan quite ironically quite unironically

jumped to :10:

JChan

I thought the live performance was just.... okay. He doesn't have the greatest voice but it wasn't a vocal disaster either. However, I really, really, really question who thought this song was appropriate for the Voice Kids. The lyrics aren't exactly the most appropriate thing in the world.

blue00eyes

I still didn't really warm up to the song.
I don't like the idea of sunglasses, I don't care if it's meant to be or whatever I prefer to see someone's eyes. Imagine Michał Szpak singing in Stockholm with sunglasses on lol. Wouldn't do much.
His voice was ok, nothing terrible, nothing outstanding as expected. Even with a cooler staging, Denmark has an advantage of performing last.
Estonia aims for the same audience but it's like dog barking, sorry

CaraMia

Sorry, but how does this song aim for the same audience as Estonia? That's like saying that France and Iceland aim for the same audience because Barbara and Dadi are the same age! This is not a song made to be part of the soundtrack of a romantic movie (where Uku could perfectly be the male lead). This is a dance song and Rafal kind of seems to be embracing his "Matrix" persona. They are totally different!

midnightsun

Veteran
I think what is meant here is that Estonia and Poland will fight for the „granny vote“ or „housewife vote“ as the more mature audience is called here. And it isn’t even all that incorrect, I can see many older voters liking both because both have that kind of retro vibe to what was listened to back in the 80s.

Fluke

I think that live performance is quite promising. Choreography and overall look was good, obviously they have to change it to include only 6 people. Vocals were so-so, the backing vocals were almost inaudible which made it sound wrong. I think he can make it through somehow...

Top Bottom