So baby, hold on for the ride of your life
High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright

I'm gonna take all the world tonight (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
Not gonna ask, gonna take what's mine (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
So hold on tight, baby, let's get high (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
High above the ground
Ride, staring at the neon signs
Let me figure out what is in and out

High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrm

Veteran
@A-lister

Did you see my comment in Swedish thread? :lol:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
@RainyWoods just showed me that performance with Alizée and it is life-affirming. What a treat.

Iker

Veteran
WE TOLD YOU SO
I think he was decent though when he participated in the Voice of Poland, but maybe he stopped caring how he sounds after that idk. But there is a clear regress.

I mean this was very good.

crashworld

Veteran
I wouldn't say that Agustin Egurolla is a high-profile choreographer. He reaps the benefits of being "Mam Talent!" jury member, but for me his choeography style is like "jumping in the chaos". A little bit messy like our JESC2020 peformance made by him.

The video costed a lot but it doesn't look like a high quality for me. :(

Anyway, there is a little sneak peak of TVP's taste.
Rafał is live, neon lights, "dance" moves and Alizee in addition... xhelp

Just... wow, right?

I think there's definitely something wrong with the mixing and the sound system. There's like so much echoing. And I feel like they are not singing in time with the melody.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and hopefully he'll sound better with the practise and the sound system at the ESC big stage. Plus he'll get help from the pre-recorded back-up vocals, so who knows he may sound somewhat decent.

daniels1000

The song itself has some potential, but my god the singer sounds like someone from a pre-selection of Poland's Got Talent. It just falls really flat :3:

Iker

Veteran
Oh well, not the first dancer in history to cross-over to singing...

Yet some of her earlier stuff Farmer/Boutonnat is really really good (I mean then again I'm a fan of their productions so)...
Speaking of dancers turned into singers ... it reminded of Mandaryna, she was a big star of Polish dance music until this infamous trainwreck of a performance at the Sopot Festival 2005 which ruined her thriving career.. After that horrenduous vocal intro she tells the audience 'This is the most important day of my life'- happily, this is so tragic in hindsight. According to her own words she didn't know she was not allowed to lipsync until the very moment of this tragic performance, I don't believe her. Plenty of conspiracy theories have emerged from this epic flop. Obviously she never really could sing, her voice has always been heavily autotuned in studio records. This is as bad if not worse Bulgaria 2009 or Israel 2000 at the ESC in terms of awful vocals.

This particular failure was a huge topic in Poland in that time, everyone talked about it.

Alizee is like Celine Dion in terms of vocal capabilities compared to Mandaryna, lol.

Btw. Mandaryna (Marta Wiśniewska, born Marta Mandrykiewicz) was a second wife of Michał Wiśniewski who represented Poland with Ich Troje at the ESC in 2003 and 2006, some time ago he got married for the 5th (!) time. I do wonder how long this marriage will last ...

Iker

Veteran
I think there's definitely something wrong with the mixing and the sound system. There's like so much echoing. And I feel like they are not singing in time with the melody.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and hopefully he'll sound better with the practise and the sound system at the ESC big stage. Plus he'll get help from the pre-recorded back-up vocals, so who knows he may sound somewhat decent.
The thing is that he can actually sing well as evidenced by one of these clips from Polish the Voice that I put in above your post, but he strikes me as someone who does not put in effort most of the time.

Etanna

I don't normally like this genre so I didn't really pay much attention to this song after the first listen but then it kept randomly coming to my mind so I looked it up again and now it's one of my most played songs this week xshrug

It's a total guilty pleasure song but I can't help it - :10: points, Poland, here you go

Iker

Veteran
I don't normally like this genre so I didn't really pay much attention to this song after the first listen but then it kept randomly coming to my mind so I looked it up again and now it's one of my most played songs this week xshrug

It's a total guilty pleasure song but I can't help it - :10: points, Poland, here you go
I dislike our entry but I am happy that there are people in foreign countries who enjoy it! Maybe we're not that chanceless after all? I mean top 10 is unrealistic but Q is possible.

Etanna

I dislike our entry but I am happy that there are people in foreign countries who enjoy it! Maybe we're not that chanceless after all? I mean top 10 is unrealistic but Q is possible.
I hope they'll come up with a good staging. I was sure you'd qualify in 2018 - I even thought you'd get a top 10 result because the song was very modern and catchy - but the performance was disappointing. So I won't dare predict anything until we know the staging but I don't think it's chanceless at all.

I just looked up the semifinal 2 competitors and it will be an interesting show for sure. So many contemporary, upbeat songs. They'll all need to work twice as hard to make their performance perfect otherwise other songs will outshine them... I think it's an advantage that The Ride is sung by a male artist, it makes it stand out a bit more in the sea of female bangers. The direct competition to Poland is probably Czechia, I could even see them doing a similar staging.

Anthony Tesla

Oh, I can see this totally doing a "Michal Szpak"; old-fashioned, outdated, but with some populist appeal: it will bomb with the juries but can be beloved by the audience, and make it in the top 10.

Top Bottom