So baby, hold on for the ride of your life
High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright

I'm gonna take all the world tonight (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
Not gonna ask, gonna take what's mine (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
So hold on tight, baby, let's get high (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
High above the ground
Ride, staring at the neon signs
Let me figure out what is in and out

High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright​

Last edited by a moderator:

kamc

Well at least Poland commits to the 80s sound with those synths and actually sounds like a Dua Lipa “Physical” knock off, unlike Greece who nervously dips its toes but doesn’t commit, and sounds instantly beige as a result.
I think this has potential to grow on me quite a lot.

njdevils94

Veteran
Is The Ride completely terrible? No, but the fact the demo from Klara sounded better than this isn't the most promising sign. Also not the most charismatic of performers. This could qualify but we already have lots of up-tempos in the first half on semifinal 2 and some of them aren't going to make it.

It just feels like Poland has more potential than this but let's see what they have planned for staging.

Genesis

Now when I think about it we should have gone with this. Not only it is in similar retro style, but is also millliioooooonnnn times better.
The only good think is that I can save it for my WorldVision career xqueenbitch

Mimmon

Veteran
I stumbled on reaction video and said that most Polish people hate Rafal and how he is chosen by TVP because he has connections and army of Rafal's lovers attack me (2-3 people) by calling me hater and so on...
'I don't feel hate im just feel sorry'' that Im speaking the truth.....

Also the song is not bad just he is not great singer thats all...

Iker

Veteran
Wow, just when I thought the scandel rollercoaster that is this Eurovision season is finally over, we got this lol. Alicja's song last year was an absolute bore to me so almost anything would've been better. And this is pretty nice, TVP opted for a lil' Lidl shopping and picked a discount MGP retro-inspired song. I like the song itself more than let's say "Hero" by Raylee, but that artist choice pushes it to parody boundaries lmao. It could've been worse *cough* 🇲🇰 🇩🇪

:pl: ➡️ :6:
Raylee >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rafał

I really like 'Hero' - it's a much superior song musically and the staging entertained me a lot, this is 'mah' and will range from 'lame' to 'cringeworthy' as far as the live performance in Rotterdam goes I'm afraid.

But just like you I was not a fan of 'Empires' either.

MalagaToledo

Banned
3 points, it's a catchy tune. It's nothing special, but i might even give it up to max 7 pts for this song.

tararaaam

I really don’t get the comparisons to Greece, just because it’s 80s and dancy does not change it has an absolutely different vibe and artist style...My feeling tho is that this will be quite bad live.

Franzilein

O my God, I didn't expect an entry wrecking my top 10 this late. I'm a sucker for the 80's and their epic synths sounds (Depeche Mode being my favourite band of all time :lol:) and I love this revival that's been going on lately. Feel like it's a specialty of Eastern Europe, seeing as they produced a lot of great 80's inspired remixes over the past years, Imany's "Don't Be So Shy" by Filatov & Karas being one example.

So amazing job here, this is right down my alley xlove The melody is a bit stale, but easy 10 points from me.

Iker

Veteran
O my God, I didn't expect an entry wrecking my top 10 this late. I'm a sucker for the 80's and their epic synths sounds (Depeche Mode being my favourite band of all time :lol:) and I love this revival that's been going on lately. Feel like it's a specialty of Eastern Europe, seeing as they produced a lot of great 80's inspired remixes over the past years, Imany's "Don't Be So Shy" by Filatov & Karas being one example.

So amazing job here, this is right down my alley xlove The melody is a bit stale, but easy 10 points from me.
I am glad that you like our entry! Sadly it gets a lot of hate on Polish social media, the song on its own as well as their artist choice. They call it an embarrassment and some are also angry that they overlooked Alicja.

Franzilein

I am glad that you like our entry! Sadly it gets a lot of hate on Polish social media, the song on its own as well as their artist choice. They call it an embarrassment and some are also angry that they overlooked Alicja.
'
I can understand the point about Alicja, but I will never get why there is so much negativity around ESC entries, no matter which country. So much wasted energy.

Iker

Veteran
Because Polish lektor is the best. I've been obsessed ever since @Genesis showed me that every show you watch has someone speaking calmly over the top of what's happening

Our lektor-thing is so ordinary for me that I do not notice anymore! It basically does blend in with the rest to the point of me not noticing that, 99% of them is male but fortunately you can still here female voice underneath when there are females talking in a movie or sth. I cringe whenever I discover that Italians or Germans dub everything completely, lmao.

Mrm

Veteran
Gosh what a thin melody, and weak vocals already in studio version.. :/
This is really lame.. :( xcry :cry:
I'm sorry but :3: in the poll is maximum..

Mrm

Veteran
And he looks like Russian mafia too me.. :lol:

Mrm

Veteran
What is actually this letter "Ł" in Polish language?

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
The year: 2055
The man: Enrique Iglesias
The age: 80
The mission: Get him to the top of the Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100

Yesterday, I described North Macedonia as "an adorable and hilarious catastrophe." Little did I know that it would be upstaged in every part of that by Poland a day later. I can't BELIEVE this. Is this actually happening? @RainyWoods alerted me to my favorite part of this entry, which is that we were promised Polish culture and what we got was a music video filmed in the Polish neon museum. There is no detail Poland spared, though, that adds to the unconscionable level of camp in this song.

The highest I try to give something from which I derive primarily ironic enjoyment is an :8:, but I think I may have to revisit that.

Top Bottom