So baby, hold on for the ride of your life
High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright

I'm gonna take all the world tonight (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
Not gonna ask, gonna take what's mine (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
So hold on tight, baby, let's get high (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
High above the ground
Ride, staring at the neon signs
Let me figure out what is in and out

High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright​

Last edited by a moderator:

Pål Nordahl

Now, I know being from Norway is already a bit of a punishment, so you must be confused about things, but not only I didn't write anything about housewifes in my post, but also there's no writing whatsoever about editing the post, because I simply didn't do it.
lol! Okay. I don’t care either way.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
Yeah, I did actually. It had a certain folk rock charm. I remember hearing it on the radio in a store in Riga a few years later so it must have been popular there.
It was such an earworm! And I think that the tongue in cheek, humorous content sadly went over many heads.

Iker

Veteran
Jason Donovan 1989 at MTV unplugged... :ROFLMAO:

No, this is actually pretty good!
Lol.

And yup, I am positively surprised too. I actually enjoy this rendition more than the official one! And I began to change my mind ... The Ride actually fits Rafał like a glove! I am still not a fan of our entry but I can see why people could like it unlike in cases of many contemporary hits, for instance WAP by Cardi B (unless they are mostly amused by its audacious vulgarity, albeit it is still a choice).

He is not exactly a singer that is known for being a powerhouse or famous for some great range and he can definitely sing it well as evidenced by the video above.

Last edited:

burrito

I still think his voice feels flat, but this acoustic version... is actually... nice.
I'm really surprised I like it, maybe I'm starting to warm up to the song finally :lol:

Fluke

He doesn't really have a weak voice at all, he just doesn't know how to put any expression it it.
A few more flourishes, a lot more "punch" at the moments when it's called for would really improve it a lot. Of course his appearance is very unexpressive too, which really doesn't help, but maybe it's a deliberate choice....

crashworld

Veteran
He doesn't really have a weak voice at all, he just doesn't know how to put any expression it it.
A few more flourishes, a lot more "punch" at the moments when it's called for would really improve it a lot. Of course his appearance is very unexpressive too, which really doesn't help, but maybe it's a deliberate choice....

I agree. He sounds too "technical" in the way he sings. And he got a vocal tone that can be irritating to some.
As for his image, I think he is just following through the concept that they got for the song.
Who knows he is just embracing the meme status and trying to be meme-able.

By the way, I have to give kudos to Rafal to be honest. His song is universally slated and he is heavily criticised for his participation but he still gives it his all by attending the pre-parties and giving interviews. Maybe he is "thick" up there and didn't think those are criticisms but I am going to give him the benefit of doubt and take it that he is bracing this uphill battle and still trying to get the most out of his participation.

Iker

Veteran
I agree. He sounds too "technical" in the way he sings. And he got a vocal tone that can be irritating to some.
As for his image, I think he is just following through the concept that they got for the song.
Who knows he is just embracing the meme status and trying to be meme-able.

By the way, I have to give kudos to Rafal to be honest. His song is universally slated and he is heavily criticised for his participation but he still gives it his all by attending the pre-parties and giving interviews. Maybe he is "thick" up there and didn't think those are criticisms but I am going to give him the benefit of doubt and take it that he is bracing this uphill battle and still trying to get the most out of his participation.
Yes, but we don't know how much if at all he's aware of the criticism. For all we know he may shelter himself far from it. He has not commented on it at all. I do suspect though that he knows the ratio of likes to dislikes under the music video, lol.

burrito

Yes, but we don't know how much if at all he's aware of the criticism. For all we know he may shelter himself far from it. He has not commented on it at all. I do suspect though that he knows the ratio of likes to dislikes under the music video, lol.

I bet he is well aware. You know we are quite loud about the things we don't like, he'd have to not turn the tv or not go on the internet at all. Even TVP made a material about the absurdalny hejt xD on him so I bet he knows, he just chooses to not adress it.

midnightsun

Veteran
I have to say he comes across as quite charismatic and likeable in the live chat he did today. I really liked how he was overwhelmed by all the people who wrote there. He did sing a short part of his song and he DOES have quite a good voice actually.

Iker

Veteran
I bet he is well aware. You know we are quite loud about the things we don't like, he'd have to not turn the tv or not go on the internet at all. Even TVP made a material about the absurdalny hejt xD on him so I bet he knows, he just chooses to not adress it.
I avoid TVP, but lol at them making such a material. Very much in their style.

burrito

Aside from the song itself, Marek Sierocki and Olek Sikora are set to provide commentary for this year's broadcast. I'm not familiar with the latter at all and as for Sierocki I've never listened to his programmes and such, so I don't know what his style is like. Any thoughts?

Top Bottom