So baby, hold on for the ride of your life
High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright

I'm gonna take all the world tonight (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
Not gonna ask, gonna take what's mine (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
So hold on tight, baby, let's get high (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
High above the ground
Ride, staring at the neon signs
Let me figure out what is in and out

High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright​

Last edited by a moderator:

Lion of Love

I like this entry so much even though it's not in my winning list. I don't know why i keep playing this song in repeat.

ESC94

Well, when a song is called "The Ride" I expect a ride on a big rollercoaster like the "Silver Star", and not on the Wild Mouse. That´s a pretty mediocre 80s tribute song, and the video is actually pretty cringy to be honest. :confused:

Since it´s a song I can at least listen to without being offended, I give :3: to :pl:.

Iker

Veteran
The thumbnail looked really silly, so i'm positively surprised here. This is well written, catchy synth-pop with a strong chorus, if slightly flat vocals and structure. Definitely a likely qualifier, 15-20th place is possible if not even better.
The chorus is nice but by being so similar to the verses loses its impact on me.

Iker

Veteran
But why do they not like him? What did he do? And why does it not represent Poland?
And yes, I get the point about Alicja.
He's a poster boy of our hated public broadcaster that was internally selected. He is cringey whenever he tries to entertain people in some of his TV shows and has a charisma of a care seat.

lilka

Sweet Jesus...

Sorry Europe.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm happy because it will help TVP realize what fans want, I do not know who though Rafal was a good idea, like there must be some shady business there, I'm sure Alicja will release her song which will be like 100x better..

Realest

Is this the most disliked entry on Eurovision's channel ever? - Good job, TVP! That's some kind of success, i guess.

FB-IMG-1615851020365.jpg

Wasnt Belarus more disliked?

midnightsun

Veteran
Sometimes I wish YouTube had a like button only!

Everyone who is against it should consider that every publicity is still publicity, even when it’s negative.

I don’t know the singer nor what’s the fuss about him. And I really think this hate should not have a place in Eurovision when it comes down to one participant in one country (see North Macedonia).

The Belarus case is different though because it affects the whole country / Europe / music scene in Eurovision etc.

But coming back to Poland... I really really enjoy the song, as I said, guilty pleasure of the season! It might even sneak into my top 10. I‘m solely talking about the song, because the singer is not very convincing in the video. Not talking about politics here. I‘m really surprised how this will work live.

A-lister

Veteran
^
I'm not really sure why people hate on him either tbh xshrug , I think it's mostly a combo of people who wanted someone else and are bitter with the choice and people who consider him connected to the government in Poland due to him being from TVP, but maybe someone from Poland can explain if he really is politically affiliated with them or if he's just "simply" a TV host? xshrug

I mean this isn't a Belarusian scenario really, as discussed earlier in this thread, TVP has different sorts of people and while the news are pretty much pro-government, are really all shows including entertainment so political in the sense that everyone working there are government puppets as in Belarus or Russia? I doubt it xshrug ... I mean here in Sweden, SVT is pretty similar to TVP in the sense that all news and news-related shows are pro government and anti opposition, but it's not like everyone working there are directly affiliated though and one can dislike both the Polish and Swedish governments for various reasons, but again it's not a Belarus or Russia situation.

So if someone from Poland could explain what's so awful about this guy (other than you don't like the song or him as an artist, or that he works for TVP and that alone should be a reason to dislike him)...

I mean, I also don't find him a good pick for musical reasons, but it's clear that alot of the hate is political rather than the music.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Can he protect me from bad songs? I would hire him! :love:
Nothing is going to protect you from liking bad songs and disliking good ones, grandmauve.

Though to be fair, The Ride itself is fine! It's just that Rafal has like... literal anticharisma? A grim-faced 39-year old game show host/broadcaster pet singing ("singing") "it doesn't matter if I stumble and fall" like he has actual struggles, adds an extra layer of insincere smarm to the fact he already looks and dresses like an Agent from The Matrix.

Franzilein

^
I'm not really sure why people hate on him either tbh xshrug , I think it's mostly a combo of people who wanted someone else and are bitter with the choice and people who consider him connected to the government in Poland due to him being from TVP, but maybe someone from Poland can explain if he really is politically affiliated with them or if he's just "simply" a TV host? xshrug

[...]

So if someone from Poland could explain what's so awful about this guy (other than you don't like the song or him as an artist, or that he works for TVP and that alone should be a reason to dislike him)...

I mean, I also don't find him a good pick for musical reasons, but it's clear that alot of the hate is political rather than the music.

Thank you, my exact thoughts. I still don't get the hate despite all the attempted explanations.

Franzilein

Well, when a song is called "The Ride" I expect a ride on a big rollercoaster like the "Silver Star", and not on the Wild Mouse.

Sorry for double-posting, but that is my favourite comment this year so far xrofl

Top Bottom