10 6.9%

13 9.0%

9 6.2%

11 7.6%

6 4.1%

16 11.0%

• Total voters

Preuss

This is really disgraceful for Tulia who deserved that final - I'm really sad xcry
Do they know it themselves though? I mean not sure how I'd feel if I got to knew that the reason why I didn't make the final was due to a jury member ranking me wrong... probably pissed, bitter, bittersweet, angry ...

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
In that case, Poland should be moved directly to the final in 2020.

I agree. And it's not like one more country in the final is an issue. they had 27 entries in 2015's final after all.

Realest

Apparently they know. Maybe someone here can translate.

azcshl.png

Preuss

This ain't acceptable ... I'd love to see them back next year... xlove

Mainshow

Veteran
My Polish skills are very limited but they indeed Adress the issue that the points were calculated in a wrong way.

They are waiting for an explanation for this unfortunate situation.

Preuss

I don't care. It's better not to qualify than to flop in the final like Belarus.

Personally, I know I'd prefer a final no matter the outcome really - it's a memory and a moment for the life you don't get too often.

Pawhlen

When it comes to correcting results after the show, EBU has only done that 3 times in ESC-history

1976, 1996 and 1998

simonPL

It's not that obvious that Tulia could flop in the final.
Even with a mistake of Czech jury member we still got the highest jury score since 2014. There were no our televoting "friends" in 1st semi like Lithiania, Latvia, Ireland, Lithuania, Germany or UK and we still made it (to finish #10... sorry, #11).

I think that we could get some points from those ones in the final + probably some points of the juries. In my opinion Tulia was able to reach higher position than Belarus, but we will never know, because grandma from Czechia made a mistake and she's in denial claming that her points are okay, lol.

So I don't want to speculate.

I am more interested in the official statement or something like that, but now it feels like no one is gonna say something more. TVP, Tulia, EBU?
If they are going to pretend it's okay... I just can't.

Yoozek

It's not that obvious that Tulia could flop in the final. Even with a mistake of Czech jury member we still got the highest jury score since 2014.

Yeah, we'd win win these 60p xD
Few years back there was same kind of issue with some Danish or Swedish jury lady and no one cared.

nofuxCZ

In my opinion Tulia was able to reach higher position than Belarus, but we will never know, because grandma from Czechia made a mistake and she's in denial claming that her points are okay, lol.

Has she denied it somewhere? Can't find it.

Anyway, she basically indirectly confirmed that she voted in reverse. Czech ESC website did an online interview with her (the questions were sent to her before the saturdays' final and the answers were received on sunday - so they couldn't ask her about this incident)

She was asked about some of her favourite songs from this year and some surprises:
She mentions her disappointment with Georgia not qualifying yet she placed them 15th in the semifinal. That's a clear confirmation that she voted incorrectly imo.

http://escarena.cz/2019/05/20/rozhovor-s-jitkou-zelenkovou/

simonPL

[MENTION=9138]nofuxCZ[/MENTION]

I was checking Polish blogs and fanpages, because I wanted some updates, I found her words about Georgia, which sounds like a proof for me as well, but also I found this:
https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=80502a22b4726fbb91df4df1cb58c049&oe=5D5BE91B (I hope link with jpg works, its from Facebook, but I cannot paste it in here as a picture)

According to the translation, she said that differences between her toplist in semi and in the final are made by "system" and "current atmosphere", so everything is okay and her points are correct. :mrgreen:

Etanna

[MENTION=13617]simonPL[/MENTION]
who is she kidding?
how she voted in semi 1: 1 - Portugal, 2 - Belgium, 3 - Cyprus, 4 - Montenegro, 5 - Belarus, 6 - Australia, 7 - Iceland, 8 - San Marino, 9 - Finland, 10 - Serbia, 11 - Poland, 12 - Greece, 13 - Hungary, 14 - Estonia, 15 - Georgia, 16 - Slovenia

how she most likely wanted to vote in the semi: 1 - Slovenia, 2 - Georgia, 3 - Estonia, 4 - Hungary, 5 - Greece, 6 - Poland, 7 - Serbia, 8 - Finland, 9 - San Marino, 10 - Iceland, 11 - Australia, 12 - Belarus, 13 - Montenegro, 14 - Cyprus, 15 - Belgium, 16 - Portugal

how she voted in the final: 1 - North Macedonia, 2 - Sweden, 3 - The Netherlands, 4 - Estonia, 5 - France, 6 - Slovenia, 7 - UK, 8 - Azerbaijan, 9 - Italy, 10 - Malta, 11 - Germany, 12 - Switzerland, 13 - Australia, 14 - Iceland, 15 - Belarus, 16 - Greece, 17, Serbia, 18 - Cyprus, 19 - Denmark, 20 - Albania, 21 - Norway, 22 - Israel, 23 - Russia, 24 - San Marino, 25 - Spain

What she said in the interview posted above:
Question: Which song or songs appealed to you the most (barring Lake Malawi)?
JZ: Personally, I really liked Tamara Todevska, North Macedonia's representant. That was a real James Bond song! Across the jury, we agreed on the Swedish singer the most and I also ranked highly the Dutch singer who eventually won. As juries we also really liked Slovenia, I remembered very well the Estonian song and Iceland also caught my attention. That was a completely different performance, it stood out.

Q: Did you experience some surprise in the semifinal like somebody qualifying or not qualifying to the finals that you hadn't expected?
JZ: We had been predicting that the Polish girls and the Hungarian singer would advance to the finals but a disappointment for me was Georgian Oto Nemsadze not qualifying. His performance was very forceful to me.

I think most telling is her voting for Montenegro, Georgia, Estonia and Slovenia, that's just too obvious. It's a real pity Poland was not in the finals, it would have been much better with them in it :(

musicfan

I wouldn't have minded the Polish song in the final, but at the expense of Belarus? No.

Milos-BC

Such a shame :(

If they got this final, I am quite sure they would've finished quite well. Definitely robbed.

simonPL

The last lyric video from debut album era and I want to say that I reloved them. This is my current favourite track and I decided to listen to whole album from cover to cover. It's a pure beauty. I think, I will never forgive that non-qualification for them. :cool:

And news: Tulia is a trio now. One girl left the band due to personal issues with health. :(

Preuss

Sad to hear that they're a trio now! That being said, it's a pity they didn't qualify really. During the rehearsals and live it grew a lot on me :D
Camera angles could've been better though

Preuss

It's not that obvious that Tulia could flop in the final.
Even with a mistake of Czech jury member we still got the highest jury score since 2014. There were no our televoting "friends" in 1st semi like Lithiania, Latvia, Ireland, Lithuania, Germany or UK and we still made it (to finish #10... sorry, #11).

I think that we could get some points from those ones in the final + probably some points of the juries. In my opinion Tulia was able to reach higher position than Belarus, but we will never know, because grandma from Czechia made a mistake and she's in denial claming that her points are okay, lol.

So I don't want to speculate.

I am more interested in the official statement or something like that, but now it feels like no one is gonna say something more. TVP, Tulia, EBU?
If they are going to pretend it's okay... I just can't.

Wouldn't surprise me if they did a top 15 in the final if televote were kind! Now I'm not for the fact that some countries always do well in televoting due to diaspora like Lithuania getting 12 points from UK for example, but if just one of those countries could vote for Poland in the semi then perhaps we'd see them in the final :rolleyes:

Personally I loved their staging, I really like the use of LED-selfies if I feel like it's executed well

Top Bottom