13 9.0%

9 6.2%

11 7.6%

6 4.1%

16 11.0%

• Total voters

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
It should have qualified, but not instead of Belarus. It's all Estonia's and San Marino's fault.

A-lister

Veteran
So juries killed it (as expected), apparently dated bland entries in English are far more "interesting" and adding to the "diversity" according to those "experts" with 50% of the voting power xshrug

Alaska49

juries didn't KILL IT. they were 11th and only 5 points away from being top 10 with them. this time poland was treated equally by televotes and juries and BOTH should have given tulia just a bit more. this is good news for poland. THE IMPACT OF ROXIE HAS ALREADY STARTED TBH FUTURE EMPRESS OF EARTH.

simonPL

I agree with [MENTION=15040]GianlucaTomoe[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4544]A-lister[/MENTION].

Estonia was for me on the same level as San Marino and I find them both extremely poor. I expected that experts from jury can give us more points, but whatever.
Little things decided about our result - 4th position on the running order, dark staging, no friends ;) in our semi and still we lost only 2 points to qualify.

I know that doesn't matter if you're late 2 minutes or 1 hour - your train left, but still it's not that tragic.

Franzilein

2 freaking points and we could've had lovely Tulia in the final. Instead we got a dance-pop number that Max Martin would've written 20 years ago, that's how dated Zena's song was... xpuke

Ezio

Veteran
Poland was a victim of a jury blunder from Czechia. A 69-year-old jury member mixed up her votes, which costed Poland the ticket in the final. Belarus would have lost their ticket.

Citelis

LOL that's true. She placed Portugal 1st and Slovenia last. :lol:
Poor Tulia you deserved better. :(

FilipFromSweden

It should have qualified, but not instead of Belarus. It's all Estonia's and San Marino's fault.

What! They got 3rd and 4th in the televote. They deserved it.

Poland honestly sounded like a literal nightmare

Mainshow

Veteran
POLAND GOT ROBBED: It WOULD HAVE and SHOULD HAVE qualified and actually, IT DID QUALIFY but sadly, a Czech jury member wasn't smart enough to vote correctly and she put her ranking upside down.

https://eurovoix.com/2019/05/20/czech-republic-jitka-zelenkova-voted-backward-in-semi-final-one/

Is it too difficult to ask "professional" people to write down 17 numbers correctly?

The EBU should finally act. This year, we got the wrong finalists (Belarus instead of Poland), wrong flags (Azerbaijan, press conference), wrong shapes of countries (Armenia & Azerbaijan), wrong calculated jury votes (Belarus, final).

I'm just glad we got the right winner.

A-lister

Veteran
Poland was a victim of a jury blunder from Czechia. A 69-year-old jury member mixed up her votes, which costed Poland the ticket in the final. Belarus would have lost their ticket.

Really !? And people still claim those people are "professionals" ? Not only do they vote like they are all 69 and want Eurovision 1981 back, they got 1 job to do and can't even do that properly... wow such "experts" :lol:

So instead we got something that sounded like a 2001 sacked demo that was supposed to be a b-side to some Japanese edition of some Jessica Simpson album from Belarus when we could have gotten Poland that at least sent something interesting... yeah great ... perfect jury job xclap

Mii11

I hope Poland withdraws if EBU doesn't act on it. It's a waste of money to invest in a broken competition like this.

LakZaNokte

Omg pls stop trashing San Marino, k? :?

Anyways, first time I heard this was in live show. I am always for something original like this was but here, on that 1st listening, music was killing me. Something was wrong there, I think it came across too dark and dreary, it just didn’t fit with these vocals.
xshrug

simonPL

I hope Poland withdraws if EBU doesn't act on it. It's a waste of money to invest in a broken competition like this.

In that case, Poland should be moved directly to the final in 2020.

nofuxCZ

In that case, Poland should be moved directly to the final in 2020.

That is the only fair solution - one we also apply here at our forum song contests.

I'm sorry guys that it was our jury member who cost you the final :( I am as mad as you are.
More ironic is that the person who fucked up was our chairperson who should have overseen the process and that everything was done correctly :?

I don't really understand how they can fuck up such banal thing. And it is not the first time this has happened. I am not sure how the jury votes are submitted in detail, but EBU should have some standardized form from which it is clear that 1st place is the song they liked the most and not the one they award 1 point to.

wtf

Why don't they just offer it to Margaret? She won't get anywhere from Melodifestivalen anyway and she's a big pop star so I don't get it?

Mainshow

Veteran
Yeah. I don't think that it's the EBU's fault but still, they should do something about it because Poland should have been part of the final. Either they let them be part of the final in 2020 or Poland should withdraw.

Can some Polish speakers ask TVP/the Polish Delegation to act?

hawadharma

the jury should serve some jail time

QuirkyYodel

So

1. Poland is obliged to pick Tulia again
or
2. EBU lets Poland be part of the grand final in 2020
or
3. The most believable one, EBU gives the Czech jury a penalty the next time or duplicates the televote and uses it instead of the juries

Either way, the girls were robbed and I won’t get over it any soon :(

QuirkyYodel

Also, can there be an age restriction when the juries are selected? You’d think a 16 year old and one 53 years older have extremely different opinions.

Citelis

I can't believe that some jurors have that low iq. When you decide 10% of a country's voting you need to be very careful.

Top Bottom