16 11.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
pl.png

EscGeek

Veteran
Re: POLAND 2019

My heart be-be be-beats for Margaret, so send her, so that i can Thank You Very Much
If she goes to eurovision, i'll go ape in my cabana :lol: xdance

Mii11

Poland needs someone with a good voice and a song as well. Kuszynska and Meijer are not the greatest singers, Szpak's song was slightly outdated, Cleo & Donatan was probably the best song the Poland has sent in 2010s so far. It's really disappointing that such a big country has had only 3 Top 10 placings in its history.
Maybe something like this would be good:
Someone like Podsiadlo or Grzeszczak would be an interesting choice, but I don't know whether their songs would be well received in Eurovision.

simonPL

Speaking of Margaret, I think maybe there will be some ideas to choose her in internal selection after her good performance and reviews in MF. I don't think she wants to participate and torture herself on "Krajowe Eliminacje" ever again.

I keep my fingers crossed for Gromee and Lukas. I hope it'll start a new path for perception of Eurovision on Polish music market and on TVP as well.

Iker

Veteran

Poland needs someone with a good voice and a song as well. Kuszynska and Meijer are not the greatest singers, Szpak's song was slightly outdated, Cleo & Donatan was probably the best song the Poland has sent in 2010s so far. It's really disappointing that such a big country has had only 3 Top 10 placings in its history.
Maybe something like this would be good:
Someone like Podsiadlo or Grzeszczak would be an interesting choice, but I don't know whether their songs would be well received in Eurovision.

Bovska sucks live, my sister was at her gig and was very disappointed. Her music I think is just so-so too.

I'd like Natalia Przybysz, Natalia Nykiel or Brodka :) XXANAXX, LemON or Dawid Podsiadło I'd not mind either.

A-lister

Veteran

I think Poland should go back to internal selection again, the national finals are just torture tbh.

Gromee was an ok choice, the best since Donatan/Cleo but Poland needs to be less conservative and more daring in their choices imo.

Iker

Veteran

I think Poland should go back to internal selection again, the national finals are just torture tbh.

Gromee was an ok choice, the best since Donatan/Cleo but Poland needs to be less conservative and more daring in their choices imo.

My exact thoughts.

A-lister

Veteran

2015 was our internal choice as well...

That's an unfortunate truth, don't know what TVP was smoking when they chose that lame song... but apart from that I still think internal choice could be the best option because the national selections have been dreadful, but it's true that it could also be a miss. I think they should follow the principle they had in 2014 with trying to pursue an act that is already popular in Poland and pick some song that was popular and start with that, it's a good tactic to also make more Poles interested in the contest and respect it.

blue00eyes

Soo..

Gromee's flop will lead us to no name with a dull ballad for 2019 xwave

burrito

So true :lol: Next KE will be so shitty I can't even.

simonPL

Oh, come on people, it's to early. I know, this is very POSSIBLE way, but let's stay positive! We don't know anything yet. Maybe this flop will change the TVP's direction of selection? Maybe some interesting artists will decide to participate because of this year result which can be very easily beaten?

A-lister

Veteran

I think TVP should go back to their formula used in 2014, not arrange a crappy half-arsed national final filled with piles of craps and amateurs, but rather try to convince the act with the biggest national hit of the year so far to enter this. I have no idea how they managed to get Donatan/Cleo onboard, but this is a formula I think they should re-visit. So in other words, internal selection, but with brain, not like in 2015. They need a popular act with a strong entry to agree to this, won't happen if they insist on that crappy national final thing.

Also, Poland REALLY needs to start paying attention to the live aspect of this, Groome/Lukas had a decent song but everything with the staging was wrong. If we go back and look at "Legenda" in 2010 as well as Magdalena Tul in 2011, these were also pretty good entries, but with messy staging and bad crew. They need to hire some professionals next time and bring in a professional team with a vision and concept in mind. Last time they had that was with Donatan/Cleo tbh, then there were three dull ballads in a row (I don't care if Szpak did good in televoting), and in 2018 a so-so, bit dated, bit generic, EDM-Pop song that could have made it with better staging at least. 2014 was Poland thinking outside of the box, sending what was actually big in Poland and a full concept, I think they should try something like that in 2019 again. You don't need a song in English for instance, you need to find the right act, the right song and the right concept staging.

Mii11

After seeing that Moldova 2018 is predicted to be in Top 10, I'm starting to think that :pl: maybe should try to send a Disco Polo act :lol: At least it would be an interesting experiment and if the song is solid and catchy, the singer can actually sing and the staging right then who knows :lol:

A-lister

Veteran

After seeing that Moldova 2018 is predicted to be in Top 10, I'm starting to think that :pl: maybe should try to send a Disco Polo act :lol: At least it would be an interesting experiment and if the song is solid and catchy, the singer can actually sing and the staging right then who knows :lol:

Actually, it's not such a bad idea. I know alot of Polish people will call it lunatic, but IF they send a Disco-Polo track that is actually well enough produced, catchy and with a professional team and someone who can sing and do a good show of it, it could work.

The problem is that most disco-polo are really poorly produced, the singers look and sing awful, and it's all just amateur deluxe.

Iker

Veteran

Some people on Polish message boards mock Moldova calling it ''disco polo'' but the thing is that ''My Lucky Day'' is better than 99% of disco-polo.
And I am not a fan of Moldovan entry (but admittedly their performance yesterday was smart & funny) and I did not mind it qualifying from this subpar semi.

But disco-polo is absolutely horrenduous stuff. Bulgarian chalga or Romanian manele that are sometimes compared to disco-polo are bafflingly sophisticated and listenable by comparison.

I think we need to scrap our National Final and go for internal choice again maybe even with some one-off project a la Equinox this year from Bulgaria.

Top Bottom