16 9.2%

15 8.7%

11 6.4%

8 4.6%

5 2.9%

18 10.4%

• Total voters

simonPL

Well, many fair words has been written in here. I was big supporter of "Light Me Up", but I cannot see anything politicial in our failure. Well, it surprised me a little, because I was thinking that we can make it and TOP10 is not that hard to get, but I have not problems with understanding that e.g. Gromee's "sneak" dance could be for some viewers as flipping as Rybak or Australia dance moves are for me. I don't want to get sound harsh but Australian girl dance looks like octopus thown away on land and easy-going dance of Norwegian guy is so fake for me, so together with Gromee they can create a very weird dance group. :mrgreen:. I agree - staging could be better. Sneek peaks and teasers were very promising, but it the first impression on live was like 6/10. After second chorus the audience is super enthusiastic, but no - we need to show once again "snake" that is even not connected to the music beats. Vocally it was only okay. It was hard to predict how it will end... not only for Poland but for many countries from 2nd semi. They could finish at 6th or 13th. Poland, sadly for us, ended up under the line.

Anyway, I think "Light Me Up" was the best option for us this year. I hope TVP will not follow our friend revallsay and we are still in the game!

Ezio

Veteran
In a review, they told that Poland burned up a lot of fireworks, and still they chose to zoom in on Gromee's awkward snake dance, leaving the fireworks go unnoticed on TV. Money burnt for nothing!

This is in contention for worst staged.

Ezio

Veteran
Eurovision fans are so overdramatic, such drama queens, it's ridiculous. They have short memory too. Poland failed the final from 2009-2011 and didn't even take partin 2012 and 2013. And now because you failed the final one time you're leaving the forums and stuff? Jesus.
People need to be impartial, there's no way anyone could think this was a deserving sure qualifier after yesterday's performance.

But after 2011, Polish diaspora exploded in Western Europe thanks to EU deregulation of labour markets. So Poland became a powerhouse in the televote.

In every big Austrian city, you hear a lot of Polish amongst other languages.

Yoozek

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

In a week or so this one gonna come back with another account, that's that.

Yoozek

Eurovision fans are so overdramatic, such drama queens, it's ridiculous. They have short memory too. Poland failed the final from 2009-2011 and didn't even take partin 2012 and 2013. And now because you failed the final one time you're leaving the forums and stuff? Jesus.
People need to be impartial, there's no way anyone could think this was a deserving sure qualifier after yesterday's performance.

Why do you people bother with all these quotes. He's gonna be back in few days just to check how much grief he's caused. At first he was throwing shit at EVERYONE who said bad word about our entry and now that it's gone, he's acting like he's gonna hang himself. Shit happens. It's just Eurovision. And it's just a forum.

k0SKRwm.jpg

^ Literally checking the answers :D . Wait for "okay you've convinced me guys" and another drama next year.

mauve

Veteran
*lol* So much drama about a person who quit just because he thinks Poland didn't qualify because of political reasons. What a nonsense!

JonnyWest

I decided to write one last post on this forum. I am officially done being fan od this European Political Song Contest. I want to thank everyone here. I made many friends here, with whom I am so many great memories. [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION], you know you're my two dear est friends here, thank you for being there for me for those past 5 years xheart I love you so much. Thank you [MENTION=10351]Trece[/MENTION] for everything, I am so happy I could have such a great friend as you. Thank you [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION] [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION], [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION], [MENTION=8534]theCONWEL[/MENTION], [MENTION=13476]Gabe[/MENTION], [MENTION=14424]Genesis[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8763]Gera11[/MENTION] for being so dear friends of mine. Thank you my dear [MENTION=11624]Sultana[/MENTION] for being sister of mine. Thank you [MENTION=15870]Realest[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14434]Franzilein[/MENTION] for keeping me calm for fee months. [MENTION=4364]Matt[/MENTION],thank you for creating this forum and for possibility for me to be a part of it for 5 years!

Thank you everyone xheart My decision is final.

Such an overdramatic cringe post :geek:

Milos-BC

I never liked the song too much but I was sure it's gonna make it somehow as people do tend to like these kind of songs. However, the performance was severly lacking indeed. That coupled with a very average song as well is what resulted in this non-qualification. Nothing political about it.

:pl: had great songs recently and I believe that a lession will be learned.

digitaldude

I decided to write one last post on this forum. I am officially done being fan od this European Political Song Contest. I want to thank everyone here. I made many friends here, with whom I am so many great memories. [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION], you know you're my two dear est friends here, thank you for being there for me for those past 5 years xheart I love you so much. Thank you [MENTION=10351]Trece[/MENTION] for everything, I am so happy I could have such a great friend as you. Thank you [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION] [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION], [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION], [MENTION=8534]theCONWEL[/MENTION], [MENTION=13476]Gabe[/MENTION], [MENTION=14424]Genesis[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8763]Gera11[/MENTION] for being so dear friends of mine. Thank you my dear [MENTION=11624]Sultana[/MENTION] for being sister of mine. Thank you [MENTION=15870]Realest[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14434]Franzilein[/MENTION] for keeping me calm for fee months. [MENTION=4364]Matt[/MENTION],thank you for creating this forum and for possibility for me to be a part of it for 5 years!

See you next year.

Mii11

But after 2011, Polish diaspora exploded in Western Europe thanks to EU deregulation of labour markets. So Poland became a powerhouse in the televote.

In every big Austrian city, you hear a lot of Polish amongst other languages.

Don't know about Austria, but Polish diaspora was already well established before 2011, especially in :uk: :de:, :ie:, :nl:, :is:, :se: and :no:.

Milos-BC

I decided to write one last post on this forum. I am officially done being fan od this European Political Song Contest. I want to thank everyone here. I made many friends here, with whom I am so many great memories. @AshleyWright and @RainyWoods, you know you're my two dear est friends here, thank you for being there for me for those past 5 years xheart I love you so much. Thank you @Trece for everything, I am so happy I could have such a great friend as you. Thank you @Krishoes @Lupus @lavieenrose, @Ringdalen, @theCONWEL, @Gabe, @Genesis and @Gera11 for being so dear friends of mine. Thank you my dear @Sultana for being sister of mine. Thank you @Realest and @Franzilein for keeping me calm for fee months. @Matt,thank you for creating this forum and for possibility for me to be a part of it for 5 years!

I guess I have to add my own input as well (after sharing what I think went wrong here).

You are present on the forum for several years and I think you also realize at this point that this was a severe exaggeration. It's one thing to be disappointed with the outcome (which is natural) and the other to attack and blame others for the result.

The song was not good enough, nobody predicted it as a sure qualifier to begin with. I did even though I also think it's an average song.but it didn't work out. It will work out next year. This is the first time :pl: failed in the last couple of years and this kind of reaction is certainly not needed.

This kind of response would be appropriate for a 6-year old (maybe) but not for a mature person. It doesn't make anyone feel for it, it makes you look like a sore loser (which, I am sure, was not an intention at all). And I think all these people who were tagged here can feel the same.

I am sad you feel the way you do but this post has just overshadowed everything you did in the last 5 years and it was not a good way to say farewell either (if that was truly the intention).

Yoozek

Being 10th isn't that good of a result. In semi 1 Greece didn't qualify due to jury and in semi 2 it was us. Meaning the juries changed just 1 song that went dtf, kinda feels like 2008.

Top Bottom