16 9.2%

15 8.7%

11 6.4%

8 4.6%

5 2.9%

18 10.4%

• Total voters

Himan

The song wasn't bad, the singer(s) were bad. I heard it in your NF and now again, he didn't Sang the notes he should. That's what made it bad, not the song, nor the staging.

Chorizo

I thought the song was okay before the semi but that awful staging killed it for me. That looked so amateurish. What were they thinking? Gromee just looked silly with this "snake dance". Deserved NQ.

blue00eyes

Oh, but this song was just bad. It needs to be good, sang well, charismatic.
We've got artists like that, time to dig in and invest into finding one :)
The song can be bad. You just have to do some shitty cheesy stuff like Moldova to go through. I wish 00's and Kirkorov were over.

Btw Gromee's fav is Spain

A-lister

Veteran
One part of me feels sorry for Poland not qualifying because as a song I think this was a more worthy qualifier in this semi than for instance Netherlands was, but after seeing that train-wreck of a performance (one of the worst of this year's ESC), I had no doubt that this would end up in NQ.

They literary didn't think this through and almost kept the same style of performance that they used in a studio for Polish national selection. It was just so amateur without any mind put into it and no concept. Lukas is a pretty weak singer and was on and off-key throughout the performance, in particular he still can't do those high / falsetto notes and it was pretty painful at times. Also, what's up with the wrong camera focuses? When things actually started to become interesting, when there was tempo and Lukas was out there connecting with the audience and you could see there was some audience reaction as well as fire works, then the Polish team for some crazy reason decided that zooming in on Gromee doing his silly snake-hand-movements was a better idea!? I mean really!? Way to kill the moment!... I mean the people responsible for deciding on the camera angles and focuses of the Polish performance must be utter amateurs, Gromee might be the "main act" here, but he is no Avicii or David Guetta, he is a local product and no one cares really how he looks like tbh and he won't "sell" it to the audience, instead it looked like a middle age man trying to act "cool" while the show was actually going on in the background. They should have also used the clip when Lukas jumps out on runway and the EDM music and beats kicks in as the clip in the recap, instead they used a clip in the beginning of the song when it's still on the build-up.

martin

On part of me feels sorry for Poland not qualifying because as a song I think this was a more worthy qualifier in this semi than for instance Netherlands was, but after seeing that train-wreck of a performance (one of the worst of this year's ESC), I had no doubt that this would end up in NQ.

They literary didn't think this through and almost kept the same style of performance that they used in a studio for Polish national selection. It was just so amateur without any mind put into it and no concept. Lukas is a pretty weak singer and was on and off-key throughout the performance, in particular he still can't do those high / falsetto notes and it was pretty painful at times. Also, what's up with the wrong camera focuses? When things actually started to become interesting, when there was tempo and Lukas was out there connecting with the audience and you could see there was some audience reaction as well as fire works, then the Polish team for some crazy reason decided that to zooming in on Gromee doing his silly snake-hand-movements was a better idea!? I mean really!? Way to kill the moment!... I mean the people responsible for deciding on the camera angles and focuses of the Polish performance must be utter amateurs, Gromee might be the "main act" here, but he is no Avicii or David Guetta, he is a local product and no one cares really how he looks like tbh and he won't "sell" it to the audience, instead it looked like a middle age man trying to act "cool" while the show was actually going on in the background. They should have also used the clip when Lukas jumps out on runway and the EDM music and beats kicks in as the clip in the replay, instead they used a clip in the beginning of the song when it's still on the build-up.

Everything here is right. Bad staging and silly Dance. Vocally is was average at best and if you see this to Jowst last year. You see totally much better staging and show. Weak backup singers too and why did this entry don,t have some cool dancers? Look on Slovenia that was a much better staging.

The worst part is actually that this song is good. Is cool, modern and could easy be a hit with a good singer and a good show. Instead is just ending to a big flop (shame)

revallsay

I decided to write one last post on this forum. I am officially done being fan od this European Political Song Contest. I want to thank everyone here. I made many friends here, with whom I am so many great memories. [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION], you know you're my two dear est friends here, thank you for being there for me for those past 5 years xheart I love you so much. Thank you [MENTION=10351]Trece[/MENTION] for everything, I am so happy I could have such a great friend as you. Thank you [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION] [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION], [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION], [MENTION=8534]theCONWEL[/MENTION], [MENTION=13476]Gabe[/MENTION], [MENTION=14424]Genesis[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8763]Gera11[/MENTION] for being so dear friends of mine. Thank you my dear [MENTION=11624]Sultana[/MENTION] for being sister of mine. Thank you [MENTION=15870]Realest[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14434]Franzilein[/MENTION] for keeping me calm for fee months. [MENTION=4364]Matt[/MENTION],thank you for creating this forum and for possibility for me to be a part of it for 5 years!

Thank you everyone xheart My decision is final.

LakZaNokte

Well, last night was the first night I heard polish entry, at all.
It was just fine, but so was 80% of the semi. It all just blended in.
I said in 2nd semi thread, it was impossible to make predictions cause of so many “fine” entries. It was pure gamble, which ones will make into final, not about diaspora, politics and whatever.

Imo, there was nothing seriously wrong with any part of the act, it’s only that general “just fine” category this entry fell into.

In any case, win some-lose some. ESC as usual.
Hoping next year it will be better.

Realest

I decided to write one last post on this forum. I am officially done being fan od this European Political Song Contest. I want to thank everyone here. I made many friends here, with whom I am so many great memories. [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION], you know you're my two dear est friends here, thank you for being there for me for those past 5 years xheart I love you so much. Thank you [MENTION=10351]Trece[/MENTION] for everything, I am so happy I could have such a great friend as you. Thank you [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION] [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION], [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION], [MENTION=8534]theCONWEL[/MENTION], [MENTION=13476]Gabe[/MENTION], [MENTION=14424]Genesis[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8763]Gera11[/MENTION] for being so dear friends of mine. Thank you my dear [MENTION=11624]Sultana[/MENTION] for being sister of mine. Thank you [MENTION=15870]Realest[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14434]Franzilein[/MENTION] for keeping me calm for fee months. [MENTION=4364]Matt[/MENTION],thank you for creating this forum and for possibility for me to be a part of it for 5 years!

Oh no, please stay with us, you were always one of my Favourite Users here xcry

Lietuvis

tenor.gif

ag89

There were many shaky performances last night, but this one was by far the worst, I don't even know how can you compare it with Australia (which was shaky in the beginning , but then it was all ok), Poland was like from the beginning until the end horrible to listen. #sorry

Chorizo

Everything here is right. Bad staging and silly Dance. Vocally is was average at best and if you see this to Jowst last year. You see totally much better staging and show. Weak backup singers too and why did this entry don,t have some cool dancers? Look on Slovenia that was a much better staging.

The worst part is actually that this song is good. Is cool, modern and could easy be a hit with a good singer and a good show. Instead is just ending to a big flop (shame)

That's probably the first time someone has ever said that. :mrgreen:

Galandar

Perhaps not the best performance but musicwise Poland was one of the best yesterday. I personally think Poland was robbed :( I still can‘t understand how come it didn‘t qualify

Chorizo

Since you have joined the forum, this is the first time Poland hasn't qualified and now you are gone? xthink

nofuxCZ

I understand the disappointment but c'mon.
I like Polish song in studio version, but the performance from yesterday simply killed off any chances you had. Nothing political about it.

Franzilein

I understand the disappointment but c'mon.
I like Polish song in studio version, but the performance from yesterday simply killed off any chances you had. Nothing political about it.

That's what I think as well. I mean, I enjoyed the performance so much and voted like what, 8 times or so for it, but I can totally see why people didn't like it as much – Gromee's dance is somewhat "special" and polarises, and Lukas' vocals were a bit shaky, especially during the strophes. I also think that they killed the atmosphere towards the end, where the crowd went wild and jumped, and they chose to show Gromee again, with the crowd hidden behind him. There was a lot to improve actually xthink

Mii11

well Im not surprised Non of the performers who sang out of tune qualified

Australia?

I think the staging was horrible and that is probably what doomed Poland. TVP is probably the worst broadcaster when it comes to staging -compare TVP to TRM, who can always come up with a great presentation for Moldova.

I really think that there is so much wrong with TVP right now, I don't believe things will improve in the upcoming future. It's really sad, because Poland has a great music scene but unfortunately it has never been utilised well. The only memorable entries from Poland, a country with 38 mln peple, are probably :pl: 1994, :pl: 2003, :pl: 2014 and :pl: 2016. Even if Poland somehow wins in the upcoming future (although that's almost a fantasy) then I don't think TVP would be a good host and the contest would be awful.

DanielLuis

Eurovision fans are so overdramatic, such drama queens, it's ridiculous. They have short memory too. Poland failed the final from 2009-2011 and didn't even take partin 2012 and 2013. And now because you failed the final one time you're leaving the forums and stuff? Jesus.
People need to be impartial, there's no way anyone could think this was a deserving sure qualifier after yesterday's performance.

Top Bottom