10 2.5%

9 2.2%

16 4.0%

76 18.8%

• Total voters

Franco

More from Cleo:

simonPL

Even though I don't like Cleo as an artist that much, "My Słowianie" is my fav performance of all-time not only from Poland, but in general. :D There is a video from New Year's Eve party in Warsaw, so you can see "We Are Slavic" in a winter version. She sang it very well, maybe this time jury would give us more points ;)

Brandt

Even though I don't like Cleo as an artist that much, "My Słowianie" is my fav performance of all-time not only from Poland, but in general. :D There is a video from New Year's Eve party in Warsaw, so you can see "We Are Slavic" in a winter version. She sang it very well, maybe this time jury would give us more points ;)
I agree! Poland in 2014 is the only year they made it in my personal top 3, and definitely one of my favourite stage performances of all time. I hope Poland stops sending ballads and come back again with such an iconic entry in the following years. I am not keen on Polish media but as far as I can see, My Slowianie was a controversial entry in Poland, which may be a reason TVP did not want to send such entry again.

simonPL

I agree! Poland in 2014 is the only year they made it in my personal top 3, and definitely one of my favourite stage performances of all time. I hope Poland stops sending ballads and come back again with such an iconic entry in the following years. I am not keen on Polish media but as far as I can see, My Slowianie was a controversial entry in Poland, which may be a reason TVP did not want to send such entry again.

Well, I don't think is was controversial in Polish media, people in geneal enjoyed this performance, press commented that "My Słowanie" ended up at 5th position in televoting very often. Maybe some gossip pages that don't like Donatan (he is not easy to like, let's face it) wrote some comments it's not okay to show Polish girls this way, but I remember that Cleo's performance was more controversial for some european journalists and fans of ESC, because in their opinion girls are like subjects in that performance and they found it very sexist. For me it was hyporitical, because the same people applaud to 2014's winner and I think that performance was more about treating women as a subject, but whatever. I don't want to start again about it, because I don't have a problem with those performance both, but I remember - comments in that time really pissed me off. :)

Now we have national final format, so I guess this is the problem. "My Słowanie" looked great on big Eurovision scene, but I don't feel like it could do very well on "Krajowe Eliminacje", so thank God, we had an internal choice in 2014. The same thing with "Cool Me Down". We will never know, but I guess "Cool Me Down" would look really awesome on Eurovision, but on national final it was hard to watch (I am not talking about Maragret's vocals, but those random visiuals on the background, lame dance moves etc.) and she lost it. On Krajowe Eliminacje stage ballads look better. Just stay and sing with your great voice, but this is not only about vocal, this is a SONG contest as well.

Anyway, I hope that after Kasia's hard ballad from last year, this year we'll get something less overwheliming. :) Please note, that Carmell with really nice song won televoting last year, but jury decided not to place her that high and Carmell lost.

lasse braun

big thanks for sharing this - new for me - bookmarked!
i loved also germany,dutch coolness & israel in that year but poland was far ahead my no.1 :12:

Top Bottom