Contact us

POLAND 2012 - not taking part

GRE

I can speak only for Greece.
In 1999 Greece didnt take part,becouse of bad results the previous years.
In 2000 Ert didnt apply,although Greece could be in.

Sabiondo

I can speak only for Greece.
In 1999 Greece didnt take part,becouse of bad results the previous years.
In 2000 Ert didnt apply,although Greece could be in.

From i know in 1999 Greece didn't take part in ESC 99 due the shamefull acting of Thalassa in Birminghan, and as the Eurovision 99 didn't was telecasted in Greece that year, the EBU don't was allowed their paticipation by rule.

A-lister

Veteran
I am pretty sure we will not see Poland in the contest for many years, until another (private) station apply for active membership on EBU. The problem is that I think that neither TVN nor Polsat (two biggest commercial tv broadcasters) are interested.

Well, anyone could manage it better than TVP I think. The Polish ESC fan community should try to lobby for ESC with the other channels.

Part of why ESC never really got popular in Poland has to do not only with the flops, but also that TVP constantly put up an amateur-ish selection and send amateur-ish songs which eventually would lead to flopping.

anibar411

Maybe someone should make a petition for TVP to broadcast it, so that it doesnt get forgotten by Polish people. (i cannot make one as i am swedish and do not know polish)

Cooler

Banned
If the had decided to take part, today would've been their NF. :lol:
Oh, and also, new record would be gained, as, if Poland participated, the number of contries would be 44 (currect record is 43 (Belgrade and Düsseldorf)).

:lol: Meh, they should've stayed.

GRE

Dear Poland,
Ukraine has chosen a song to promote EURO2012.
But you have withdrawn from Baku ,for the reason of Euro2012.
Who is more clever?

Rusch

I regret this decission. I liked most of the poland entries. Magdalena had very good song, but I seems that she failed to impress the juries and die audience. But I really liked the song as well as the song a year before.

A-lister

Veteran
Dear Poland,
Who is more clever?

Actually the Euro2012 is just an excuse by TVP, it's not the reality.

They withdrew because they lack interest in it (including the majority of the Polish public).

A-lister

Veteran
I regret this decission. I liked most of the poland entries. Magdalena had very good song, but I seems that she failed to impress the juries and die audience. But I really liked the song as well as the song a year before.

I think the Polish entries have been generally weak or unfinished throughout the 00's, but Magda was great, unfortunately the performance turned into a mess, I dunno really what happened there, it just felt awkward.

I dunno what happened to Poland in ESC, during the 90's they were one of the strongest countries imo.

evija87

Dear Poland,
Who is more clever?

Listening to Ukraine entry....maybe it was us after all :lol:
They could do better;)

I dunno what happened to Poland in ESC, during the 90's they were one of the strongest countries imo.

Lack of success apart from the debut .In my opinion for example "Ale Jestem" in 1997 deserved much higher position than 11th. I guess we started to send songs that didn't impress Europe too much, trying to be successful by sending singers like IvanDelfin, Ich Troje for the second time, The Jet Set. Although I think we just started to get better since 2008, our results didn't show it, they got even worse so I guess it's why people lost interest. TVP is well known for it's unproffesionalism, they've got an excuse and didn't care.

theditz83

Veteran
It is a shame - Jestem was one of my favourites from last year, and it definitely deserved a qualification spot. I also remember awesome songs like "Follow My Heart" with the awesome Real McCoy (one of my heroes from the 90's) - just a shame that the live performance was such a car crash!

Hopefully Poland will return in the years to come, as I always looked forward to seeing and hearing their entries :)

Sabiondo

I also remember awesome songs like "Follow My Heart" with the awesome Real McCoy (one of my heroes from the 90's) - just a shame that the live performance was such a car crash!

Follow my heart was one of my favorites back in 2006, but the neibourd-voting to FYR Macedonia during 2004-2007 was aviod that masterpiece was pass to the final :p And their live permofance was great :)

adnar

Today official statement of TVP to KRRiT (National Commission od Radio and Television broadcasts) appeared. For me it's not surprise, but... our withdrawal has nothing to do with EURO 2012 and Olympics 2012. They mention it, but they also say that Eurovision becomes less and less popular and in 90s it was a sign of our "european aspirations". TVP says (which is the most ridicoulous part of this statements) that Eurovision fell below standards TVP accepts. Also they say they do everything to reach success in ESC (just to let you know - no financial support to our representatives was a reason Marcin Mroziński had to take credit in the bank for promotion.)

My only comment is: WTF TVP?

qabadachia

Today official statement of TVP to KRRiT (National Commission od Radio and Television broadcasts) appeared. For me it's not surprise, but... our withdrawal has nothing to do with EURO 2012 and Olympics 2012. They mention it, but they also say that Eurovision becomes less and less popular and in 90s it was a sign of our "european aspirations". TVP says (which is the most ridicoulous part of this statements) that Eurovision fell below standards TVP accepts. Also they say they do everything to reach success in ESC (just to let you know - no financial support to our representatives was a reason Marcin Mroziński had to take credit in the bank for promotion.)

My only comment is: WTF TVP?

WTF indeed.

I say, the more, the merrier. I hope those suits in TVP will come to their senses next year.
Oh, and "Jestem" was really good. Such a shame it didn't qualify for the final.

adnar

WTF indeed.

I say, the more, the merrier. I hope those suits in TVP will come to their senses next year.
Oh, and "Jestem" was really good. Such a shame it didn't qualify for the final.

I wish they would. My dream is to give ESC to TVP2. TVP2 is better in entertainment (they cooperate with popular radio station to broadcast their summer concerts, made "The voice of Poland", were broadcaster when we won Eurovision Dance contest etc.). But TVP1 is stubborn...

Top Bottom