23 7.9%

15 5.2%

13 4.5%

5 1.7%

8 2.7%

22 7.6%

• Total voters

r3gg13

Poor Magda... because of her undeserved flop in ESC and non-career she had to degrade herself going on "The Voice of Poland" as a last resort and even in that crappy show she didn't make it far xcry

I feel like she's an unlucky lady, because she has the look, she obviously has a strong voice... oh well.

I saw that video too, I thought she was a special guest or something.

Now that you mention that she's a contestant, it makes me sad. :/

Terence

I watched the 2011 semifinals the other day, this was a complete vocal mess, backings completely drowned her! A deserved non-qualifier although the song was good.

evija87

Yes, the performance was a overally flop, there were some problems with sound in earplug, she was first (our delegation fault, we had wild card and chose number 1! xshock1), even though the song was good and performance visually good too, unfortunately all those problems and general mess up took us and Magda down to very bottom xcry I don't think we deserved that harsh treatment, but chance for qualification was badly wasted ;(
I remember the song was doing OK in rankings or polls, in some she was even in top10, am I right?
But I must say I'm still kinda proud of this. This was song completly written by Magda, in Polish language (although some drama and attempt to change the version to English, but she listened to the fans), because of that I have high respect and sympathy for Magda forever. I think this song was good pop song from Poland, it reflected our music market and was not imported. If we had chosen better number like 9, and had good performance we had a chance...
I'd like it not to be our last gig at ESC :p

Terence

But back then, televote started right from the first song so most probably they thought it would've worked to Poland's advantage. Probably that's why they picked #1.

A-lister

Veteran
Yes, the performance was a overally flop, there were some problems with sound in earplug, she was first (our delegation fault, we had wild card and chose number 1! xshock1), even though the song was good and performance visually good too, unfortunately all those problems and general mess up took us and Magda down to very bottom xcry I don't think we deserved that harsh treatment, but chance for qualification was badly wasted ;(
I remember the song was doing OK in rankings or polls, in some she was even in top10, am I right?
But I must say I'm still kinda proud of this. This was song completly written by Magda, in Polish language (although some drama and attempt to change the version to English, but she listened to the fans), because of that I have high respect and sympathy for Magda forever. I think this song was good pop song from Poland, it reflected our music market and was not imported. If we had chosen better number like 9, and had good performance we had a chance...
I'd like it not to be our last gig at ESC :p

Agree, you SHOULD be proud of this entry, this was a good contemporary pop song in Polish, totally reflective of the contemporary music scene in Poland and as you say she wrote it herself even.

Again, the problem was the live performance, and German broadcaster is partly to blame because it was obviously some technical difficulties :(

I really feel sorry for Poland, because although it didn't turn out well live (because of some factors outside of their own control), it's still one of the best entries Poland has ever sent, and unlike the other Polish 00's-10's entries, this felt well-produced and not some rushed demo.

A-lister

Veteran
But back then, televote started right from the first song so most probably they thought it would've worked to Poland's advantage. Probably that's why they picked #1.

True, but they were also stupid a bit, Magda was first out in the Polish selection (and won big time), and for some odd reason they thought going out first would bring them luck also in ESC.

Oh well, I get very sad thinking about it :(

Verjamem

Yeah, but problems with televoting and bad performance thwarted our plans. Anyway I think that we didn't deserved the last place.

lucian-crusher

True, but they were also stupid a bit, Magda was first out in the Polish selection (and won big time), and for some odd reason they thought going out first would bring them luck also in ESC.

Oh well, I get very sad thinking about it :(

In fact, it was only Magda's choice:

"I’m performing my song at the very beginning of the first Semifinal. It was my deliberate decision. Before leaving for the organizational meeting, Maria (the manager of the Polish delegation) asked me what starting position I would choose if she drew a wildcard. As a matter of fact, she did draw the first wildcard. So it was before she left that I had decided to choose number 1. It was my lucky number during the national Preselection in spite of the fact that almost everybody said it was the worst of possible starting positions. Instead of complaining, I just started to look on the bright sides of it. Isn’t it fantastic to begin your show for which everybody was waiting impatiently? And isn’t it far less stressful if you open the contest".

I agree that it wasn't a good performance, but it didn't really worth last place. There were worst performances in the semi-final but they did get higher or even qualified.

Impressive

Banned
I don't agree it wasn't a good performance. Tul and her dancers were amazing. What would you expect? :confused:

dizzydjc

Amazing performance IMO, she was great! I'd love to see her back for Poland another time, if they ever return.

Mashalover

What a song, so sad even after 3 years that she didn't make it because i still listen to it and then i hit the replay button over and over afterwards.:(

blue00eyes

OMG, well deserved last place. Her live performance was incredibly poor. She can sing live but she was so nervous... The choreography was not the worst though. So bad camera work ruined everything. :(

realist

And she is back in the :pl: 's jury this year. :mrgreen:

burrito

Yeah, definitely not the best performance we've ever had, but I don't think it's the worst either... Still a good thing that we took a break in participating after that. Seems like we needed it.

Ezio

Veteran
A perfect example for a song that is quite interesting on audio, but got butchered live on stage with a horrid performance.

Poor Magdalena looked like a lost stork in the salad on stage. The visual appeal of the performance was below zero, the audio overjazzed and painful to the ears.

And then this song was just another upbeat song in a very upbeat song contest. With this performance, the result came naturally.

Top Bottom