Contact us

Performance changed my mind!

GWTW1939

Songs you didn't think much of before the contest yet now think better of after seeing the performance.

And if there's a song you now think worse of now....

revallsay

1. RUSSIA! I hated the song but when I saw them live in the first semi I changed my mind completely!
2. Greece. I liked the song but after yesterday I just love it!

That two!

Sabrewulf238

There were a lot of songs that were far better live than in the studio/national finals this year. In particular:

The Netherlands
Portugal
Lithuania
Austria
Iceland

I didn't love any of these (although I liked Netherlands and Iceland) but their live performances were very impressive.

(In terms of worse, probably Armenia. It didn't live up to the hype for me at all.)

Salmon

:md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: :md: xcry1 The definition of ruining an otherwise good song.

ParadiseES

Netherlands, Finland, Russia, Slovenia, Montenegro -> Positive

Azerbaijan, Ireland -> Negative

Celia

:nl: grew even more on me , if that was possible. But definitely the biggest surprise was how nicely my dear :ch: looked and how well Sebalter sang xheart

Songs that didn't catch my eye as much in comparison to now: :hu: :de: :az:

The performances that changed my mind for the worse: :uk: :fr: :ro:

Terence

Definitely :nl: (in a positive way), :sl: was magical (but I did like the song beforehand so I'm going out of the subject now... Terence shut up) and I didn't think much of :at: either but the performance was just superb!

And on the other side of the coin, :fr: - I didn't like the song to begin with but that performance was hideous!

FilipFromSweden

The performance from :uk: was amazing, I was actually stunned and thought it was going to win.

JamieBrown

I only knew five songs (:de:, :ch:, :fi:, :it: and :am:), but they're many changes for such a small number of entries

Positive: :ch: When I watched the swiss NF on TV I was like 'Oh my god, all the songs were awful, noone of them would qualify, but this italian guy with the horrible english accent might be the best choice. Now I know whay

Positve/Negative: :am: Not sure about that. It supposed to became my favourite of a weak year, because of this awesome final part xbow But he sang the slow part so bad, now I have to say I like Switzerland more

Negative: :it: The song is still good, but her performance and the way she was dressed like are some of those I would never ever understand. What did she do on the floor and why does she looked like a futurist roman.

JackBauer

I thought the UK and Spain started well but quickly lost people.

I thought pre contest The netherlands and Austria were both good songs but the performances for both was just magnificient.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Sweden - I thought it was an OK song and nothing special, but it was IMO one of the best performances both vocally and visually. I also grew to love the song, one of the best this year. Not sure what "Rise like a phoenix" had more than that and won, but hey, I know :lol:

Italy - I always found the song average in comparison to Emma's abilities, but slowly slowly it grew on me. But after I have watched the performance in the final, I really found it even more average and meh than when I first heard it. And I don't find it underrated in the final ranking at all now.

Top Bottom