Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
GlbHx5y.png

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States - WV114 ☂ Kelsey Lu - Due West

Fab entry xheat I too had it in my playlist for WV; the California hook is basically free promo, thanks :paci: :cool::lol:
Good luck xheart

Thanks Geraxheart I’m very glad you like it. You were one of the few people I was quite hopeful would appreciate Kelseyxheat I feel kind of bad now that I’ve managed to send two artists or songs even that you were considering as entries also, and in a very short space of time. What are the chances? I just hope you’ve got a list with a gazillion potential songs on it.

You should give her album a whirl if you haven’t yet. It’s charmingly all over the place style-wise. I was thinking that about the “California” thing actually:lol: Gosh, glad at least we’re not next to each other in the draw. I can imagine the confusion.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

I feel kind of bad now that I’ve managed to send two artists or songs even that you were considering as entries also, and in a very short space of time. What are the chances?

Stop stealing my bops you betch

You should give her album a whirl if you haven’t yet. It’s charmingly all over the place style-wise. I was thinking that about the “California” thing actually:lol: Gosh, glad at least we’re not next to each other in the draw. I can imagine the confusion.

Yes, I definitely shall xthink We stan a California hook queen

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Stop stealing my bops you betch

How I acquired your top secret list of potential WorldVision entries.

giphy.gif

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

5.gif

15th in the Grand Final with 96 Points
10th in Semi 1 with 59 Points / REJU 21st with 7 Points

A nice 15th place for Kelsey Lu. It actually makes a lot of sense as Dessa, my other lush R&B lady got the exact same result. I've got a feeling my timing could have been a bit off with this one as I can envision a few people who were away last edition appreciating this sorta stuff. Good solid result overall though and I'm glad Due West was enjoyed (those 12s from Laura and Calvinxheat). I was really excited to share this one with you. Thank you for the support xheart

:12: :neus::br:
:10: xwhistle
:8: :cali:
:7: :hr::at:
:6: :jp::lond::kz:
:5: :tt::it::se:
:4: :pt::is::seou:
:3: xwhistle
:2: :au::bg:
:1: :ca:

I sadly bring you the devastating news that my long planned Halloween NF idea is dead before it even got going. It would have been fun but everything in the selection was a potato, and I just haven't had the energy these past few weeks to put things together. I kind of lost enthusiasm for it, and then seeing multiple other large NFs going up for next edition I think was the final nail in its coffin. I don't want to overcrowd things. Just remember though that it's Halloween all year long with me, so something spooky can come at anytime.

Expect a WV115 artist teaser here very soon. Next edition it's a lil' bit of a shocker from Pacific States. You probably won't be expecting it:cool:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

pacific states cancelled IOTAP

Even legends such as HUNX, Jan Terri and Nobunny wouldn't have been able to compete with a ten song BEST OF ASIA BoA national final. Pacific States would have lost the ratings battle and been out of pocket. The sexy and surprising internal selection we've rustled up I think is the right way forward.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: Pacific States - WV115 ☂ Kim Petras - Icy

OkJhPza.png

Never loved nobody harder
Never, ever felt stronger
Thought that we would last forever
Gave me something to believe in
Thought that you were all I needed
Look at me, I'm still breathing
I used to cry over you, baby
I've wasted all this time

Now I got a ice cold heart
VVS' is the only kinda ice I want
Kinda funny how the money can't replace the love
So numb, I don't feel it inside me
So dumb, I believed you really liked me
'Cause of you, now my heart is so icy

Now I'm on a higher level
I ain't ever gonna settle
Plenty offers on the table
Baby, I don't even hate ya
Really, you did me a favor
Turned my heart into a glacier, yeah
I used to cry over you, baby
I've wasted all this time

VVS' is the only kinda ice I want
Kinda funny how the money can't replace the love

VVS' is the only kinda ice I want (ice I want)
Kinda funny how the money can't replace the love (replace the love)
'Cause of you now my heart is so icy

'Cause of you now my heart is so icy
(Yeah, ah, woah)
Icy

giphy.gif
Kim Petras is an electro pop singer originally from Cologne, today based in Los Angeles. Pacific States though has decided to send Kim back home for this edition of WorldVision held in Germany. In 2019 Kim released two albums, the rather delicious Halloween themed Turn Off The Light, and earlier on in the year her debut album Clarity. The peppy yet scathing lil' bottle rocket Icy is taken from the latter. Kim penned this fierce bop after her first (and hopefully last) experience of being cheated on by a partner. I hope you enjoy the song xheart

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

I'm shocked this DNQ, I was looking forward to giving it some points in the final. :(

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I'm shocked this DNQ, I was looking forward to giving it some points in the final. :(

Aw I’m happy you enjoyed it though it seems. I was really hoping it would please you. That’s a high compliment. I’m kind of surprised as well and don’t really know what went wrong. It went down so well with people at the LL. It’s a bit discouraging tbh. Not that I really have a right to complain though with how well in general my entries have done throughout the years. It’s just one of those things.

I’m really into Petras right now, so I could try her again I guess. I feel like she deserves justice.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Aw I’m happy you enjoyed it though it seems. I was really hoping it would please you. That’s a high compliment. I’m kind of surprised as well and don’t really know what went wrong. It went down so well with people at the LL. It’s a bit discouraging tbh. Not that I really have a right to complain though with how well in general my entries have done throughout the years. It’s just one of those things.

I’m really into Petras right now, so I could try her again I guess. I feel like she deserves justice.

I knew of her already from NSC where she also DNQ, but i thought her chances would be better in WV. You might just have to give it another go. xshrug You weren't far off anyway.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

I knew of her already from NSC where she also DNQ, but i thought her chances would be better in WV. You might just have to give it another go. xshrug You weren't far off anyway.

Yeah, I think she could do it with some better luck. My Poppy entry made it through by a single point (then came 3rd), and my recent Tamara Gee song also only just managed to make it through. Sending pop songs always to me feels like a shot in the dark, at least if it’s not something extremely well known and loved already. Even when you think you’ve got a very strong one, the results can be unpredictable.

Kim’s Halloween album Turn Off The Light is super fun. I almost went for something from it but opted for Icy as it had the sultry music video. The other songs I love by her are videoless and I wanted people to have the full experience.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member

KAI YOU WERE ROBBED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM STILL MAD

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Lmao ^ Don't think a forum post has made laugh as much as that in a long time.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Even Wolverine is experiencing the emotions of a WorldVision Kim Petras semifinal flop. So, so devastating.

I don’t know what’s next for Pacific States after the trauma of this edition. I may punish everyone and myself with a sizeable Sad Songs NF perhaps quite possibly.

Or maybe I’ll move to Philly and send The War On Drugs because I am still high key disturbed by what happened to them this edition.

Top Bottom