WorldVision Mod
Staff member
GlbHx5y.png

Last edited:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
1J6U4lk.png

Saint Mesa is a Chilean-American singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, drawing inspiration from artists including Animal Collective, Massive Attack, and Glass Animals, as well as tribal percussion, world music, and his own Chilean descent. I've sent him to NSC before with a different song called "Sunlit Grave". All his songs have a completely different vibe.​

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
cvCOR8r.png

I was keeping this one as a potential PQ entry, because honestly I would be devastated to see it at the bottom of a semi. I know, very humble of me thinking I would win with the Pacific States, and soon at that. Haha. Anyway, this felt like the right time to be true to my feelings, like I'm often in WV if I think about it - the right song for the moment in life and time I'm at. I'm going to take a page from Joshua's book and just go with the flow, y'know. Because life is too short to worry about results. This edition I'll be just vibing.

A little backstory for my entry this edition: Joshua Bassett is a young artist from California, who received a lot of hate and death threats following the release of Olivia's "Drivers license" because some people are terminally online, especially on twitter. Anyway, he bottled up all this hate and went on with his life, like a normal young person would, but in January 2021 he became seriously ill and was hospitalized with septic shock and heart failure. Doctors told him he has a 30% chance of survival.

Joshua wrote this song as a thank you for his mother, who he says got on a plane flight to Salt Lake City within an hour to be there for him while he was sick. He described his mother as his “rock” and lifeline. It resonates with me on a deeply personal level and it really puts things in perspective.

Last edited:
Top Bottom