Contact us

Orient Express: Jury Switching

Orient Matsuri

matsuri1-1.png

orient1-1.png

In Orient Matsuri, you can change your jury every edition!

In accordance with the Rules:
  1. Your switch can be announced only during the entry submission period after it's announced, or else it will not count
  2. Switches to unoccupied countries will count only during the entry submission period of an ongoing edition
  3. Switches to occupied "free-to-take" countries have to be announced 1 edition in advance
  4. If you are switching to an occupied "free-to-take" country, you should mention its present juror in the post

Please use the following form:

Current country:
New country:

Switches in 55
CypriotGirl | Turkmenistan → Cyprus
Marcos C | India → Azerbaijan

MiraShadowMan | Uzbekistan → Taiwan
chontono | Egypt → Japan

Switches in 56
Fierro | Kenya → Russia
Ana Raquel | Myanmar → Mexico
Marcos C | Azerbaijan → Argentina
Gera11 | Thailand → Jamaica

CgnU7fZ.png

these are some of the nations you can switch to, so much variety

(◠‿◠✿)​

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
There is some vagueness in these rules. If I want to take a country that is currently occupied, but will be free after the ongoing edition, it says I can 'reserve' that country so to speak. If I want to take a country that is NOT currently occupied I can not do such a reservation. Is this correct?

SaladBreak

There is some vagueness in these rules. If I want to take a country that is currently occupied, but will be free after the ongoing edition, it says I can 'reserve' that country so to speak. If I want to take a country that is NOT currently occupied I can not do such a reservation. Is this correct?

It's not a reservation, but more of a notice to the player who has that country, so they have an edition time to look for a new country.

Amir

What if a player reserves a taken country at the end of an ongoing edition?
Let's say someone reserves Lebanon at the end of OM05, then I barely have a whole edition to look
for a new country.
Maybe reservations for taken countries should be made earlier? (like two editions before, instead of one)

SaladBreak

What if a player reserves a taken country at the end of an ongoing edition?
Let's say someone reserves Lebanon at the end of OM05, then I barely have a whole edition to look
for a new country.
Maybe reservations for taken countries should be made earlier? (like two editions before, instead of one)

Switches are possible only during the entry submission period. So if they are switching to an occupied country, they will have to announce it during the entry submission period of an edition before the one they want to switch in.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
May be its better dont have countries being stick to the users? The decision might be as in spinoff - once submission is open, you can reserve any country from the available ones, first come first take. Than everyone has an opportunity to play with any possibly country and the process of switching/reserving will be easier.

Also if you want to have 32 participants limit, its even better to have submitting like this, once 32 countries reserved - submission closed. In this case everyone can participate, not only elite club of 32

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Also if you want to have 32 participants limit, its even better to have submitting like this, once 32 countries reserved - submission closed. In this case everyone can participate, not only elite club of 32

I agree with this. Orient Matsuri is really easy to join and to get yourself playing straight away (which is fantastic), but I feel with that participant limit coupled with the extremely lenient amount of times you're allowed to not send an entry before being removed, we might have a problem. Three misses in a row gets you removed from the game, so all we have to do is send an entry once every third edition and we keep a spot from someone who'd really like to take part. I think with the current rule we could potentially see a number a lot lower than the 32 max on occasion.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Orient Matsuri is really easy to join and to get yourself playing straight away (which is fantastic),
Are you sure? The limit is set to 32, thread of joining was closed straight away, people who interested can't join anymore.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Are you sure? The limit is set to 32, thread of joining was closed straight away, people who interested can't join anymore.

I meant easy to join as in no waiting months on a waiting list. You sign up, you're playing. Providing there's space you can drop in and out. The limit does of course add some difficulty to things. It depends on how popular this is going to be. I think though that for how simple it is to drop in and out of, it needs to be just as simple to get someone removed who's not even half bothered. Someone can take a spot for fifteen editions, only having played five of them. I think that's kind of crazy.

Amir

I think that this turned out to be more popular than expected and maybe the maximum of participants should be increased.
I personally like how it’s working in WV and I think that OM could be comparable with WV in the future concerning number of participants etc., so maybe having more participants and semi finals is an option.
Also I’m a bit skeptical about having only a limited amount of editions with a country.
On the one hand I think it’s a nice idea that everyone has equal chances to try out other countries but I personally would never reserve an occupied country cause I don’t want to force others to look for an alternative country that might lead to another one having to look for an alternative and so on...
But that’s just my opinion. I’m always dedicated to a country that I pick and I don’t just wanna send 3 songs for it.
I don’t know how others think about it

hawadharma

May be its better dont have countries being stick to the users? The decision might be as in spinoff - once submission is open, you can reserve any country from the available ones, first come first take. Than everyone has an opportunity to play with any possibly country and the process of switching/reserving will be easier.

I agree with this. We should rotate the countries among all users for a more interesting outcome.

Amir

I agree with this. We should rotate the countries among all users for a more interesting outcome.

DaFlo mentioned they wish maybe not the biggest, but at least a stable, reliable community of participants.
This impermanence might lead to the direct opposite.
People joining and leaving every few editions, people being frustrated because they didn't manage to join in time and so on

Uto

Veteran
Super late switch but..

Username: JChan
Current country: Samoa
New country: Tokelau
Now that's a place I have never heard of.

Top Bottom