26th May — 1st June / 18:00 CET

VOTING PERIOD
2nd June — 11th June / 23:59 CET

Listening Parties
2nd June / 9th June

Results Show
12th June

Thank you @Trece for the banner,
let's all enjoy the start of something great.

Uto

Veteran
Bit unfortunate that this is planned at the same time as the WV results. Might want to make sure we don't have this type of overlap next time. If I want to properly give OM the attention it deserves I'm going to miss all the WV action as it happens, probably same for many others.

DenizESC

Banned
Bit unfortunate that this is planned at the same time as the WV results. Might want to make sure we don't have this type of overlap next time. If I want to properly give OM the attention it deserves I'm going to miss all the WV action as it happens, probably same for many others.

Well, you could have posted this in the WV section instead. We don't need to plan ourselves according to WV and to be fair the WV team picked it after we announced the LL date and time. Which yea, I don't know why it needed to be the exact same time, but it could be related to the hosts' schedule and they might not have another choice. I don't know.

How are we supposed to have the power to know what time other contests will plan their shows/LLs

Uto

Veteran
Well, you could have posted this in the WV section instead. We don't need to plan ourselves according to WV and to be fair the WV team picked it after we announced the LL date and time. Which yea, I don't know why it needed to be the exact same time, but it could be related to the hosts' schedule and they might not have another choice. I don't know.

How are we supposed to have the power to know what time other contests will plan their shows/LLs

You defend OM which is fine, but it's not the point who did what as the problem will persist. If nothing is done to prevent overlaps we are all going to be losers in this, is it not? We all need to think about a solution and if I can help in this I will.

Seems like there might be demand for some sort of calendar that tracks the schedules of all contests. This might also help those who tend to forget to vote in time.

Uto

Veteran
Imagine playing anything else than the groundbreaking Orient Matsuri

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

You're just making a joke and that is fine, but I would rather see the point that I'm making acknowledged. I mean for me it's also my first WV final and I don't really feel comfortable not being there given the amount of work done by the organizers. I will be there for OM of course, it's the new and hip thing created by my plug-bro's, but let's not act like WV is suddenly not worth our time.

And what Mike says is true, we can do the OM LL while looking at the WV results, but I don't want to divide my attention really. I mean, the songs have video clips to look at and I want to rate the songs at the same time usually.

I will take the initiative to see if we can get something done to prevent this in the future. Does anyone know if there is some sort of megamod who runs this place or is the head of the whole contest thing? I imagine Gabe would be that, but I might be wrong, so I'm asking.

DenizESC

Banned
@Uto you are right, but as I said simply as just OM mods it's not our job to do this so you might be at the wrong place, I'm surprised the very first OM LL was scheduled on the exact same time as the WV results, but it also did not happen on our end. Usually, we just try to avoid other contests.

OM always has 2 LLs btw so do not worry.

• Like It
Reactions: Uto

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
mmm well I did say on Sunday the results would very likely come today, and the time I picked and announced was done so before seeing the LL time here myself. So it's purely coincidental. My scheduling does mean the results have to be tonight and tbh I don't think it's fair to make people wait longer when it's all ready to go so it doesn't clash with another contests LL. I don't think it's such a big issue that they cross over, when I noticed i did think it would be nice for people to listen to music together and see the results come in. I myself wont be present for most if not all of it purely so I can concentrate better but I fully expect others will be there. Not to mention there being 2 LLs so I think all is good anyway. With 4 contests now though you have to accept there will be cross overs that do happen frequently. NSC and WV results have often fallen on the same days. You have to learn to multi task or prioritise 1 over the other.

hijirio

Veteran
can't believe i'm missing out on this historical event. why it gotta be so early IOTAP

have fun guys and shake your goddamn booty to the uzbek song mwah bye xqueenbitch

Top Bottom