Contact us

OM 2nd Year Celebration (AWARD RESULTS FROM PAGE 2)

Orient Matsuri

HELLO!!!!!!

It is that time of the year when we celebrate another birthday of our dear contest. Thank you for being here with us!

lightsum-kpop.gif

Anyway, last year we had an awards show and a spin-off contest. We would like to keep the awards but we have to discuss possible changes.

- Nominees: each user could nominate their own entries to the contest. Some people found it weird and suggested nominating songs from other users instead. What is your stance on this? Stay the same way or look for an alternative?
- Ties: this one was a headache last time because half of the categories ended up in ties (including a 7-way tie) and... uh... we didn't think how to handle this situation 🤡 and we didn't expect a 7-way tie either. We had to ask someone who was a former OM user but was not taking part in the awards to be the tie-breaker but we would like to have a proper solution for it this time. We thought about the mod team deciding it but we fear it could be fishy in case one of us is in that tie. Do you have better suggestions?

Also, for the spin-off, do you have any themes in mind?

Finally, do you have any suggestions for OM in general? We aspire to improve every day, and your voice is crucial in this process. Therefore, don't be shy and spill the tea about us with us!!!!

(In case you wanna make a comment but don't want to reveal your identity for whatever reason, you can send a PM to @Orient Matsuri and we will reveal your suggestion on the topic without exposing you!)

Vote for the nominations here
https://forms.gle/ncdBymW8ew3912979

DDL: July 15th, 23h59 CEST​

Last edited:
Regarding that about ties...

We could do a point system when ranking the nominated entries. If there are four entries nominated for a category, they could be rated like this 10 - 7 - 3 - 0.

Could something like that work?

empo21

Veteran
I thought i had posted here already 🤡

I think noms should be mixed. Each user knows their own entries, but sometimes an entry I disregard might possibly be a good nominee that another user writes in.
Entries of users who no longer participate would be eligible to be nominated by other users.
Users who don't have entries eligible for a certain category (best host, best group) should be able to put out their favourites.

Orient Matsuri

You have 24 hours to have a say on the new ideas. If no further ideas come up, we will implement SF's and Empo's to the awards.

ferret

Close this circus. Or teleport him to Discord. This is the best idea! (y)

hijirio

Veteran
Okay girls, it was nice to know you all. I had a great time over 2 years, discovered new music from Asia and made great memories with you all. So sad that we have to finish this contest just because ferret wants it. xwave

Orient Matsuri

Sorry for the long wait but the nomination form is here! xcheer

FORMS

You have until June 22nd 23h59 BRT to send in your nominations! (maybe even more if I sleep early that day, but don't count on that!!!!!). The instructions are all on the forms.

You can check out the database and all the previous editions here.

Remember: only songs from OM 21 to OM 37 are eligible!

Any questions about the categories, just let us know!​

Uto

Veteran
I filled the questionnaire, but didn't read. All my answers are in the first part, second part I haven't used. Nominated my own stuff for two awards, skipped three categories because I have no idea. Think this is acceptable.

MiraShadowMan

Yep, nominating the others is a chaotic clownery. I guess I need to start making notes on participants to make that process easier.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Nomination time is up!

I'll check out the ballots. The voting form should be up by the end of Friday, at least?

As some categories have more votes than others, I have yet to check out how to decide the nominees (the most voted/all nominations/something else). I'll keep you in touch.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
As some know, I tested positive for COVID on Wednesday so I decided to extend the deadline by one week which should be the time I get better.

Also, remember that the users with nominated entries must:
1 - vote
2 - rank your entry last

I've spotted some irregularities in a few votes so please do not forget to read the description carefully!!!!!

@Amir
@chontono
@Eulaliya
@Ewigkeit
@FabiESC
@ferret
@Fierro
@Gera11
@hijirio
@iowacorn
@jashu
@Journalist
@MARCOMEN
@NikolaiMoller
@pras
@RainyWoods
@SaladBreak
@Seok-jin
@theCONWEL
@valkory
@Yoni

You have been nominated so I hope we can count with your votes, even if you are participating anymore! I've created playlists for almost every category, making your job easier. ❤️

Fierro

Everyone who had an entry nominated MUST vote - if they don't, their entry will be disqualified.

Ana, you are such a hard-working queen, stay safe and healthy!

Top Bottom