mGSPbjG.png

Send your entry via PM to Orient Matsuri in the following form:

Artist - Song:
Video link:

Back up entry: (optional)

DEADLINE
1ST JUNE
18:00 CET

Please make sure to read the rules before sending your entry.

CONFIRMED ENTRIES 32/32

๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ญ ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ญ ๐Ÿ‡พ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ณ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฒ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฉ ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡พ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ‡ณ ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฆ ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ณ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฏ ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ซ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฌ ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ฐ ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ผ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ฉ ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ

Last edited:

Orient Matsuri

The first post has been updated. As of now, there are four countries pending approval (๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ซ ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ) due to artist eligibility. We are still discussing about it, but you should have your confirmation or request for entry change by the end of the day.

Apologies for the wait.

hawadharma

Y'all please send authentic artists which legit represent the countries okay
If you find difficulty to find an eligible artist within your chosen country, maybe you need to change country

Just saying

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
So, did you reach a decision yet? Time is running out.

If you find difficulty to find an eligible artist within your chosen country, maybe you need to change country

Just saying

Afghanistan has banned women from playing music or appearing in public with their faces visible, when the Talibans were in power, from 1996 to 2001 and they are facing discrimination even today.

Last year, Zahra Elham became the first woman to win the vote-in singing competition Afghan Star in the 14 years.

โ€œEveryone was taunting me on the way,โ€ said Elham, who hails from the Hazara ethnic minority that has long suffered discrimination in Afghanistan. โ€œThere were comments about ethnicity since, in our tribe, it is not desired for a girl to become a singer. Now my fear has increased.โ€

So you can see how Afghan female performers had to practically flee the country in order to continue their musical career and be alive. Not to mention there was a civil-war and many had to flee the country anyway.

I think exiled diaspora should count just as much as people still currently living in the country, especially in war torn countries like this one. As long as it's not western pop, I don't see the problem frankly. But the moderators have taken an issue with it and I'm still patiently awaiting their decision.

Amir

Veteran

Just saying

easy to say for someone who has his home country in this contest xD

though I agree with you

Amir

Veteran
So, did you reach a decision yet? Time is running out.

Afghanistan has banned women from playing music or appearing in public with their faces visible, when the Talibans were in power, from 1996 to 2001 and they are facing discrimination even today.

Last year, Zahra Elham became the first woman to win the vote-in singing competition Afghan Star in the 14 years.

โ€œEveryone was taunting me on the way,โ€ said Elham, who hails from the Hazara ethnic minority that has long suffered discrimination in Afghanistan. โ€œThere were comments about ethnicity since, in our tribe, it is not desired for a girl to become a singer. Now my fear has increased.โ€

So you can see how Afghan female performers had to practically flee the country in order to continue their musical career and be alive. Not to mention there was a civil-war and many had to flee the country anyway.

I think exiled diaspora should count just as much as people still currently living in the country, especially in war torn countries like this one. As long as it's not western pop, I don't see the problem frankly. But the moderators have taken an issue with it and I'm still patiently awaiting their decision.

Well, the situation was/is similar in Iran.
I don't know about Afghanistan but I can tell that Iran has an overwhelming underground music scene,
with many female singers like Justina that are actually very famous in this scene.
And it's no witchcraft to get into this scene since there are plenty of music videos on YouTube xshrug
So I can tell that there won't be any need to send for example Arash or Mahan Moin to this contest (though I'm not sure if they would be accepted in the first place)

edit: also I think exiled singers, should really mean exiled singers.
Again I stick to an Iranian example: Googoosh was a singer in Iran and fled because she could no longer go on with her singing career in Iran, but if children flee with thei families and become singers in their new home then I wouldn't really call them exiled singers

edit2: but I think in the end it also depends on what kind of music they make and where they are having success

Last edited:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
So I can tell that there won't be any need to send for example Arash or Mahan Moin to this contest (though I'm not sure if they would be accepted in the first place)

Afghanistan doesn't have big contest names like that, but instead it has singers who perform mostly traditional Afghan music, whose entire musical career might be invalidated in this contest because they had the misfortune to be born in a country suffering from a civil-war and their parents made the decision to flee the country. I literally cannot find a female Afghan artist who hasn't moved to some other country.

edit2: but I think in the end it also depends on what kind of music they make and where they are having success

Indeed.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
How is it even an issue though? Its a discriminatory law brought in by extreme islamist nutcases, that literally bans 50% of the population from having any form of a music career unless they leave their home. Its a non starter that any idea like that should be repeated in a game like this or even on this forum. Allow foreign female artists (and some cases men also) from these countries that aren't singing in a western style. Even more so with the example Amir has given for Iran.

hawadharma

easy to say for someone who has his home country in this contest xD

though I agree with you

I was afraid that I offended anybody with my statement :cry: I apologise if I did
Yes, having my home country in this contest is my best option since I don't want to misrepresent other countries' music scene :cry:
(occasional spin-offs are exception in this case)

Anyway, I do respect anyone who is brave and willing to take up another country in the contest :love:

Good luck all!

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Don't worry. As long as their music is successful on a country within the broadcasting area, they should be fine. That way, artists in Diaspora should be allowed and we prevent the likes of Baby K.

Also, it would be best to avoid featurings with people unrelated to the broadcasting area. This way, it's less likely your entry is gonna be accepted.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
:th: is in!

Much fun I had this afternoon trying to connect to the internet for about four hours to send in my song. Much fun I also had researching what to send as my first entry. I managed to find actual Thai garage rock with that surfy kind of vibe I just adore. The song I picked is an ear worm and very on-brand.

Top Bottom