Contact us

Old Music Contest 2000 - Birmingham, UK (Results on pg.4)

Shawn

[center:ew5uyrhj]Greetings from Birmingham, one of the cities that can claim to be the Second City of Empire!

birmingham-skyline.jpg

This is the OMC 2000. My understanding is that the songs entered need to have charted or been recorded between 1998 and 2002. I would encourage those representing larger music industries to get as close to the year as possible.

The deadline for entries is January 31. If I get eight entries, I will proceed with the contest. To eliminate the confusion about "who's hosting?" I would like to stay as host until someone else wants to take the reins.[/center:ew5uyrhj]

[center:ew5uyrhj]The Contestants:
1. Romania (Pretty in Pink) Voltaj "Albinuta"
2. Spain (ParadiseES) La Oreja de Van Gogh "París"
3. Japan (takeru) Do As Infinite "Desire"
4. United Kingdom (imno12u) Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman "Kids"
5. Russia (Another) Nikita "Uleteli Navsegda"
6. United States - (Shawn) Evanescence "Lies"
7. Brasil (-M-) Deborah Blando "Anjo Azul"
8. Ukraine (AlekS) Iryna Bilyk "Bez Nazvy"
9. Norway (Martin) Lene Marlin "Where I'm Headed"
10. Bulgaria (Apocalexxnow/94ayd) Lia "Mitnichariu"

Vote in truncated Eurovision style (12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2)
Get votes in by February 28.[/center:ew5uyrhj]

94ayd

Re: Old Music Contest 2000 - Birmingham, UK

It's 1998 - 2002 actually. :D This was done, especially for earlier years, when you could not find songs from them or couldn't really tell when they were exactly released. Even nowadays, there could be confusion plus we've had it for 4 contests now. ;)

AlekS

Veteran

Ukraine is in. It will be a positive debut, I don't hope for many votes so it's all for fun.

Shawn

94ayd said:
It's 1998 - 2002 actually. :D This was done, especially for earlier years, when you could not find songs from them or couldn't really tell when they were exactly released. Even nowadays, there could be confusion plus we've had it for 4 contests now. ;)

OK fair enough. I forget where the old board even was. I remembered the rule was less strict the further back we went.

apocalexxnow

Bulgaria starts introducing its legendary chalga hits :) The song we've picked for the 2000 edition is about how difficult and stressfull it is to pass the border (I think we'll have a similar one for 199something) and how much bribery you have to give the customs worker (enough for him to build himself a house, or buy himself some cigarettes) to import or expord any goods :)

Around that time everyone wanted to be a customs worker, because they had great fortunes from such bribery and vizas for other countries, even neighbours, were very hard to come by. The EU totally killed their business, poor people :(

I don't expect you to like it much, since I picked it and I'm not much for this contest, but still I hope you'll like it :) It's a regular at retro chalga parties even today and fills the shady businessmen visitors with warm memories of the old days :)

ParadiseES

Spain is still deciding a song ;)

Shawn

Thank you everyone :)

I have 6 mp's, one more nearly guaranteed (because it's me) and three people who've expressed interest. I hope to hear from folks soon.

For instant response, try e-mailing me at shawn underscore pickrell at yahoo dot com

:)

Shawn

I have 8 mp3's and will wait for Kenlee and ParadiseES until Friday. Once they are in, the contest will kick off. :)

Shawn

OK, I will kick off Sunday or Monday depending on how my daughter permits

Get entries in by then, we've all had plenty of time. :)

ParadiseES

Spain is in with a FSC group and with one of my favourite song ever :)

Shawn

We're ready to go! I'm not good at making preview videos, etc., but will do my best.

I will PM all players with a link to the songs.

Check the first post for the songs and such.

Kenlee, get a song in to me for The Netherlands before anyone votes and I will send it to everyone.

If anyone objects to me doing that let me know. If two players object, I'll withdraw the above offer for future contests.

apocalexxnow

Re: Old Music Contest 2000 - Birmingham, UK (deadline 2/28)

Is Evanescense that old??? I'm feeling old :(

I think that in 10 years time this contest will depress me :)

PS: Yes, I do object for kenlee to send his song later. There was plenty of time for him to send a song. I downloaded the rar and will listen to the accepted entries now and won't listen to Netherlands. He's most welcomed to take part in the next edition, though, if he can submit one song in time.

imno12u

I also object to kenlee sending a song. He had from Dec. 25 through to Feb. 5 to do so- 6 weeks if my calculations are correct.

But, as apocalexxnow pointed out, they are welcome to send a song for the 1961 edition

apocalexxnow

Oh, by the way, you should include 94 in the member's list for Bulgaria. I suggested about 5 songs for the selection and he chose this one. He'll also vote, so, please add him in the first post :)

Are we the only two membered country?

94ayd

Weird. I've been completely dealing with the contest up to this edition (receiving votes from apocalexxnow) and now no recognition. :eek: :lol: Just kidding! I would've given the chance for the Netherlands to send a song. Maybe we should just ask the new Dutch juror if they cared to enter one. :D

Top Bottom