Contact us

OGAE Voting

cassio

I think that Denmark is one of the most likely countries to win this year, so if you are going for a winner this year Denmark is a god bet

esc87fan

Doesn't the OGAE have a Nordic bias? They picked Nordic countries to win in the last few years and only got 2 winners right

CC92

^ I'm also countin' 34 juries there. This way it mathematically makes sense at least. :)

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
OGAE 2013 RESULTS​

ogae2013final.png

4 countries without points​

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
After all Denmark got 18 12s from 39 and Sweden 26 from 35 xcheer

Yamarus

Indeed, and this year is a lot weaker than 2012 was.

Which means the winner is much less predictable. "Only Teardrops" is only a favourite because nothing really exciting came up after it; if you check the reactions when Emmelie won, they were mildly positive, that's all. At the time, one was allowed to expect something much better to come up. It turns out that 2013 is a relatively weak year (although I do like the quality of the songs overall), and those are usually the ones where surprises can occur. Rybak and Loreen were guaranteed winners. Emmelie de Forest? Not at all.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Which means the winner is much less predictable. "Only Teardrops" is only a favourite because nothing really exciting came up after it; if you check the reactions when Emmelie won, they were mildly positive, that's all. At the time, one was allowed to expect something much better to come up. It turns out that 2013 is a relatively weak year (although I do like the quality of the songs overall), and those are usually the ones where surprises can occur. Rybak and Loreen were guaranteed winners. Emmelie de Forest? Not at all.

Oh feel I Emmelie will repeat Kary Wolf and Charlotte Perelli xthink

cassio

After all Denmark got 18 12s from 39 and Sweden 26 from 35 xcheer

I know.... but still its only one point below Sweden.... isn't it going to be exciting to see if OGAE will get 4 out of 7 votings correct if their taste this year is just another fanboy flop xcheer

Top Bottom