Contact us

OGAE Second Chance 2019

esc87fan

The results for this year's OGAE Second Chance contest were revealed today, and here is the top 5!

1st place: :fr: Seemone - Tous les deux (294 points)

2nd place: :it: Il Volo - Musica che resta (292 points)

3rd place: :se: Anna Bergendahl - Ashes to Ashes (272 points)

4th place: :au: Electric Fields - 2000 and Whatever (242 points)

5th place: :de: Aly Ryan - Wear Your Love (185 points)

Last place was :pt: with... I'm sorry... 0 points

The show can be watched here: http://www.ogaeitaly.net/2019/09/23/lo-show-di-ogae-italy-per-il-second-chance-contest-2019

Realest

:it::ro::hu::ee: were underrated.
:se::fr::dk: were overrated

Schlagerman1

Sure, I don't mind Seemones song, but there were clearly better songs
*coughAustraliaisagoddamnmasterpiecethatshouldhavedonealandslidevictorycough* xqueenbitch

And I must add, having Portugal last is a disgrace, but what to expect when it comes to OGAE....tastelevel and originality isn't their strong suit...

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
#Australiadeservedbetter

Can't say I'm happy with France's win as I didn't like Tous les Deux at all and still don't understand the hype but well xshrug
Actually there were only 4 songs that I at least remotely liked (:au: :dk: :ro: :hu:) so I shouldn't be surprised by my lack of enthusiasm :lol:

tuorem

Ok, where to start? :?

I didn't even know that second chance thing had a show :lol:

The results couldn't be more different from my taste. First of all, who the heck chose each act? Come on, some countries had better options imo!

Ignoring our Slovenian unicorn was a huge mistake to begin with. Whoever picked Lozar the child instead: please be gone and enjoy your bad karma. "KAOS" was the real tea, I said what I said.

raiven.gif

Anyway, where is Loredana? Why pick that cheap "Grande Amore" copy and make it reach the top 2? :? I'm confused.

The results are so... OGAE, and that's not a compliment. So am I supposed to accept "Soldier Of Love", "Tower Of Babylon" and "Milline Paëv" all flopped while the dull entries from Sweden, Germany and Australia did well?

HarmoniousEverlastingBee-small.gif

The only placing I'm glad about is Barbora's. Portugal tanking and "Tous Les Deux" winning is the final nail in the coffin, the first one was too arty to be supported obviously, and the latter is in contention to win the prize of the most overrated song of the year imo. It's not a horrendous song, but it's definitely nowhere near mind-blowing either. Justice for "On Cherche Encore (Never Get Enough)".

"Il Mondo Prima Di Te" was something, that was a good winner last year.

Alaska49

tous les deux is absolute garbage and so is the taste of the ogaes. of course when ogae sweden picks one of the good melfest non-winners, ogae doesn't make them win. fucking losers.

HayashiM

Veteran
In retrospective, I find Allez leur dire and On cherche encore > Tous les deux > Roi. Taking the Destination Eurovision's points into account though, there is no way France would nominate anyone else but Seemone and I am glad she got at least some justice.

I am also glad for Barbora Mochowa's placement, though I could see her even higher :)

Top Bottom