Contact us

Official NSC Community Discord | Join for FUN, ESC/NSC talk, mini NSC,LLs and much more! All nations welcome! 💙

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
CLICK HERE TO JOIN! (You don't need to download the app as Discord is also available online)

Dearly beloved NSC Community,

We strive to get us all together on common messaging board in order to improve this warm community atmosphere even further and guarantee you lots of fun conversations and entertainment of various kinds!

Rest assured it's one of better decisions you could make today! Those who are not that active on the forum are especially welcome, we'd love to get to know you all more.

Hereby, I'm exclusively announcing tonight's Festivali i Convos at 9 PM inaugurally held on Discord! xcheer

It as a small spinoff to NSC where limited Number of nations participate in real time, you can find more details on NSC wikia - but I guarantee it's much fun! xcheers

W E L C O M E ! ! !

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
So inaugural Festivali i Convos (mini NSC) was held on Discord platform earlier this evening!

10 nations took part and I am endlessly glad and thankful for that! @doctormalisimo @Fearnavigatr @dogmeat @theCONWEL @AshleyWright @MiraShadowMan @pyryniemi @Karhu @iowacorn xlove xhug

These are the results and you can find competing entries on official NSC wiki:

Once again, I warmly invite everyone to join our server so we can repeat this and many other things again and again in time to come !!! xcheers xheart

theditz83

Veteran
Okay, can someone explain something to me, and I'm gonna try and not sound like an old fart when I say this but...

Why do we need another forum to discuss stuff when we already have our own part of this forum for all the NSC shenanigans? Is it just the more instant-chat nature of Discord that people enjoy? Or something else?

Help this old confused man understand what the point of Discord over this forum is? God I feel so old xstars xcrazy

Fearnavigatr

There's always been out-of-forum group conversations on instant messenger services such as MSN and Skype ever since the very early days of NSC. It's a good way to get closer and more personal with other community members. Instant chats indeed make for a completely different experience that can't be had on the forum, with a more casual free-flow hangout atmosphere.

Lots of NSC members have never participated in these group convos, and that's totally fine. Likewise lots of members are very active in the convos but only rarely post in the forum, which is fine too. Everyone participates and enjoys the contest in their own way. However, the divide has been a downside, when important ideas and discussions concerning the contest haven't really reached the whole community.

The Discord channel has existed for a while, but has been fairly dormant. We wanna attempt to launch it as an inclusive IM platform, not necessarily to replace existing convos, but one where all members of NSC and the Waiting List can feel welcome to meet up for these kinds of free-flow discussions and "extracurricular activities", beyond any groupings or cliques. Also, having this thread makes it easier to promote these events and reach out to everyone. No guarantees yet that it will pick up momentum, but let's hope!

Joining the Discord server is of course completely optional, but anyone who wishes to partake is most welcome!

Massive thanks to Vaso for kicking things off with style by organizing this evening's inaugural FiC, and congratulations to Rehi Kaita for your awesome debut victory! Good times were had by all!

Last edited:

ferret

If it somehow speeds up the voting process, I'll approve it, maybe.
So far, I see another annoying messenger that distracts me from real life.:D

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another edition, another debuting nation win! Congratulations @Nicholas123 and ::slf !!!! xrunhug

Thank you @Rmetr0 @doctormalisimo @Sean @Canuck @randajad @Nicholas123 for taking part!!! Expecting more nations in Festivali i Convos in time to come! xcheer

Tinchey

Hii, how does one join Discord? The invitation link has expired, I would really love to join a FiC edition sometimes. :')

MiraShadowMan

Leaf

I noticed the invites posted in here are expired so here's a non-expiring one on the off chance anyone checks out the thread and is wanting to pop in:

Top Bottom