Contact us

Official escYOUnited music sxn album and new releases talk thread

Arion

I got just informed that this thread exists and I'm surprised I didn't know about it before but well now I'm here. Before sharing my favourite releases from 2020 so far and the ones I'm waiting for I would like to share my top 10 albums/EPs from 2019. There is one polish album and 2 kpop ones but here we go. 2019 was a very difficult year for me and I guess I can say that most of these tracks (especially the top 3) helped me go through some shit, the biggest emotional and mental breakdowns I had in my life. So here we go. I'm not sure if I'm able to say something about every album. I'll try though.

10. "Bad Ideas" - Tessa Violet
Bad_Ideas_album_cover.jpg

I've been Tessa's fan for a long time. I really enjoyed her earlier releases and also have followed her YT career for some time already. This album I guess was something I needed in my life at that point. Because of it I also went to her concert which was one of the best ones I've went to in a while.

9. "Self Portrait" - Sasha Sloan
R-14923449-1584162849-7676.jpeg.jpg

Sasha Sloan is one of the artists that get me. I'm not sure if there is another singer with whose lyrics I relate that much. If you like sad bops "sadgirlsloan" is there for you.

8. "brent" - Jeremy Zucker, Chelsea Cutler
41SEeKw7WdL._SX342_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Basically more sad bops???? I guess there is a theme in my music taste lol. I really really recommend listening to "Sometimes".

7. "In The Name Of Love" - CL
320x320.jpg

First of 2 kpop albums in this list. CL dropped this album after being released from her contract and she basically talkes about her struggles in the kpop industry. It was very touching for me as a person who has been following her career for years now.

6. "Nothing Can Compare" - Agnes
320x320.jpg

She basically came back with a BANG and said GAY RIGHTS lmao

5. "LETTERS: VOL. 1" - Grace VanderWaal
320x320.jpg

Grace was an artist that surprised me sooo much last year. I guess most people recognize her as that little girl with an ukulele from that Got Talent show. With every new release it seems like she gets more and more creative control. I'm still surprised how young she is (only 16, 15 when she dropped it) yet how mature her sound is.

4. "Ofelia" - Ofelia
320x320.jpg

This is the only polish album on this list. I don't really listen to polish music that much, however this was a very pleasant surprise. It's an album made by an actress who is known from playing a character in a popular polish soap-opera, and actually the first time I heard it I didn't know it was her. I love love love her music and I'm waiting for more.

3. "Inspired By True Events" - Tori Kelly
320x320.jpg

This girl can SING. I can't even tell how many times I've come back to this album, and I can say the same thing about the 2nd and 1st place. Tori right now is one of my favourite singers of all time.

2. "Feel Special" - TWICE
320x320.jpg

Ok maybe I'm biased because I'm an obsessed once, but in my opinion this is the best Kpop album ever. I'm not sure if anyone will ever be able to top it. Seeing the music video for the title track and hearing all the songs was a very emotional experience for me. Basically what happened was that one of the members had to take a break from any group activities because she was diagnosed with anxiety disorder (she's the one in the middle of the album cover). She agreed only to record songs and do the one music video for fans so it was very touching seeing and hearing her after so many months. (I recommend watching the MV with lyrics knowing all this information) Other than that, "love foolish" is the best kpop song ever, fight me. There is a reason why it was titled the best Bside of 2019 by MTV.

1. "This Summer" - Alessia Cara
320x320.jpg

I love this EP, so much. I feel like since it came out I've been listening to it every month. This is the EP that helped me go through all the love life stuff I was going through last year and I think that each song represents a different thing or person that I encountered in 2019.

Damn this is a long post... I guess for 2020 stuff I'll write another one lol​

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
@DaFlo quick, LOOK! The official album topic on the forum lives 🙌

Who told you about this topic @Arion? That post of yours was just full of sincerity and passion. I could understand and relate to a lot about how you spoke of these records having helped you out, cause my favourites have done the same for me over the years. I'm going to listen to some more Sasha Sloan as I really was taken back by her song Too Sad To Cry which you shared with me last night. The lyrics hit me quite hard. "I lied to my doctor. She knew I was faking. Gave me some pills but I'm too scared to take them" was close to home. I like your sad bops a lot, Ari.

I haven't been listening to much new music at all this year sadly. I've been in some weird moods. Sadistik has a new album coming out towards the end of this month though hold me. I've had the lead single from it on repeat. I'm naturally really, really excited.

a1307641258_16.jpg

Out 24th of August

Arion

@RainyWoods you know who exactly told me about it ;)

OK SO TIME FOR 2020
I won't be ranking these albums, these are just my fav records that dropped this year so far.

"minor" - Gracie Abrams (she may be my fav new artist of 2020)
fdb088b8db01a863c3887cbe8956986b.300x300x1.jpg

I love every song on it but I think "I miss you, I'm sorry" and "Long Sleeves" are my favs

"Tourist Season" - Miel (very retro vibes)
247cbe97f8b96656b2b41b2a39a6d2e0.300x300x1.jpg

"Must Be Fine" is my fav

"good to know" and "good to know (acoustic)" - JoJo
R-14920254-1584108506-3874.jpeg.jpg
R-15623309-1594737307-8293.jpeg.jpg

Fav songs: "So Bad", "Pedialyte", "Lonely Hearts", and "Comeback"
I love the whole album tho

"Ungodly Hour" - Chloe x Halle (this may be my fav album of 2020)
R-15487088-1592337669-3952.jpeg.jpg

"Lonely"

"Petals For Armor" - Hayley Williams (also contender for fav album of 2020)
petals-for-armor-0.jpg

"Simmer", "Dead Horse", "Roses/Lotus/Violet/Iris"

"SAWAYAMA" - Rina Sawayama (this album is an EXPERIENCE)
R-15200200-1588006256-8335.jpeg.jpg

"XS", "Comme Des Garçons (Like the Boys)", "Akasaka Sad", "Bad Friend"

"Lighter" - Donna Missal (@RainyWoods I think you will like this one a lot)
51TTYU3LCBL._SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg

"Hurt By You", "Let You Let Me Down", "Carefully", "Just Like You", "I'm Not Ready"

AND OF COURSE

"Miss Anthropocene" - Grimes
miss-anthropocene-0.jpg

"My Name Is Dark" ...of course
There are more albums I liked that dropped, but these are my favs so far, and for the future releases, these are the ones I'm excited for:

"Solitude" - Tori Kelly - August 14
"Good Things" - Wafia - August 21
Blackpink album - October 2
"apart" - LÉON - October 30
"Only Child" - Sasha Sloan - Fall 2020
Chung Ha album - 2020

God I don't even remember anymore who is dropping what. I'll keep you updated lmao

Top Bottom