Contact us

Nurdia (RETIRED)

PopGeek

Nurdia.png

Basic Information

Population (2019 Est.): 55,795,890
Capital: Awingar
Language: Nurdish

President: Shura Erco (Cosmopolitan, Awingar)
Currency: Jex
Primary Exports: Cherries, wheat bread, tea, film, music, grapes, computer software

Topography

Area: 411,460 km^2
Average Temperature (Summer): 19.1°C
Average Temperature (Winter): 10.1°C
Annual Precipitation: 21.4 mm

Ethnic Makeup

Nurdish: 44.6%
English: 14.2%
Canyōne: 12.2%
African: 11.1%
Japanese: 5.4%
Italian: 3.2%
Korean: 2.8%
Mexican: 2.7%
Chinese: 2.5%
Other: 1.3%

Religion

Jewish: 37.9%
Roman Catholic: 20.5%
Buddhist: 12.1%
Mormon: 4.2%
Other: 3.5%
No Religion: 21.8%

Timeline

More information will be added to this thread as I continue to research Nurdia's history and culture.

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Woooo, welcome to the NSC universe Nurdia and [MENTION=16348]PopGeek[/MENTION] - looking forward to hearing all of your hot pop bops and getting to know more of the history of your nation (I really need to spend some time working on a proper history for Moisantia, it's a little barren in terms of public domain info xdoh)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Wow that's a detailed historical time line. Welcome to the WLSC from Solentoya. xrose

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Welcome, Nurdia! That's a rich history you have there :D The dimensional portal is a nice touch :lol:

PopGeek

It is with regret that Mia Goldman has announced Nurdia's retirement from the Waitlist Song Contest. While Nurdia is still keeping its place on the waitlist for NSC, it will no longer participate in WLSC along the way.

After nearly constant poor finishes, the only exceptions being largely songs chosen to be more mainstream rather than out of pure interest, all of the initial fun has completely dissipated for me. Seeing songs that mean a lot to me such as "Ever and Ever" and "I Just Wanna Find You" finish dead last just because they wander slightly off the beaten path has brought me nothing but disappointment and isolation. It's not worth partaking in these contests if my genuine favorite songs are near-universally dismissed and I feel increasingly ostracized by my tastes. Sorry.

theditz83

Veteran
I won't post more here as I know we've spoken at length about this decision already, but in the long run I strongly believe that this is the best move for you right now. I hope that you can believe that you will be missed in the WLSC editions but need to do what is best for yourself right now. xlove

Looking forward to seeing your NSC debut soon xup

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
It is with regret that Mia Goldman has announced Nurdia's retirement from the Waitlist Song Contest. While Nurdia is still keeping its place on the waitlist for NSC, it will no longer participate in WLSC along the way.

After nearly constant poor finishes, the only exceptions being largely songs chosen to be more mainstream rather than out of pure interest, all of the initial fun has completely dissipated for me. Seeing songs that mean a lot to me such as "Ever and Ever" and "I Just Wanna Find You" finish dead last just because they wander slightly off the beaten path has brought me nothing but disappointment and isolation. It's not worth partaking in these contests if my genuine favorite songs are near-universally dismissed and I feel increasingly ostracized by my tastes. Sorry.
If it's no longer fun for you it's not worth entering, so much is true. There is something you can do to make it more fun, which is to sever the emotional connection between you and the songs you send if you suspect it will leave you in pain. There are millions of songs to choose. You can just pick anything you fancy and you choose songs that might leave you personally hurt. That doesn't have to be the case. And frankly, by not entering with this reason you are dismissing us all and all the various tastes we might have. I mean, this is a contest, someone has to win so someone has to lose. That doesn't mean the loser was not appreciated.

PopGeek

Effective immediately, Nurdia is retiring from NSC. It has become increasingly evident that there's a level of prejudice against my song choices, probably because I'm not active enough on these forums. I gave these contests a chance, but the environment here has not made me feel welcomed and I gain no joy from my participation.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Sorry to hear you feel this way. As I've said to you previously I certainly don't think anyone is judging the music here based on the member sending it at all, and while I didn't always vote for your songs I really appreciated what you brought to the contest. All the best xrose

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
What Sean said. But please cut the "people hate me because of x and y" talk, it's unpragmatic on so many levels.
I've offered you my help previously on how to pick more "competitive" entries but you never called in, therefore you really have no room to blame it on the community other than yourself.

Wishing you all the best Jackie !! xrunhug

PopGeek

Sorry to hear you feel this way. As I've said to you previously I certainly don't think anyone is judging the music here based on the member
I gave people the benefit of the doubt at first, but now I don't fully buy it. It makes sense that people who are actively involved in the community are inclined to appreciate each other's entries more easily, while those who haven't said as much will be handicapped. I would have probably become more active on this site, but my unbroken streak of poor performances actually made me a lot shyer in the long run.

PopGeek

What Sean said. But please cut the "people hate me because of x and y" talk, it's unpragmatic on so many levels.
I've offered you my help previously on how to pick more "competitive" entries but you never called in, therefore you really have no room to blame it on the community other than yourself.
I don't feel like I've done anything specifically wrong, but I feel like I'm naturally at a disadvantage because people don't know me enough. I can't be convinced at this point that there's not at least some bias in favor of other, more established members of the site who talk about their entries more actively to each other.

Top Bottom