Contact us

NSC Wiki

Keko

PLEASE READ THIS
Hey everyone I have a small favor to ask. If your nation has a wiki page could you please edit any information about location and/or geography, including outdated maps, so that all info corresponds with current map. If you don't have time to re-write it or are too lazy, at least just delete the outdated info. That would be a lot of help, thank you. =)

strajker

PLEASE READ THIS
Hey everyone I have a small favor to ask. If your nation has a wiki page could you please edit any information about location and/or geography, including outdated maps, so that all info corresponds with current map. If you don't have time to re-write it or are too lazy, at least just delete the outdated info. That would be a lot of help, thank you. =)
PLEASE READ THIS TOO:
If you don't know how to edit the Wikia or update the stuff, you can also send me your details so I will put it to the Wikia. Post the details about your country here or send it to me on Skype (if you have me as a contact on Skype).

I plan to catch up on everything that is outdated e.g. spinoffs, and stuff before I can properly withdraw (whenever, that is).

strajker

PLEASE READ:

If you have hosted a Spinoff, it would be really helpful if you check this, and if you've got an excel list of the songs from the spinoffs that are missing [red] (or just a textual list), it would be really appreciated to have it, as if I had the excel list of entries, updating the Wikia would be a lot easier, as excel cells can be converted into Wikia style ones.

Spinoff contests - Nation Song Contest

Thanks!

Also! If you have a list of your own entries in an excel file, and you don't have a Wikia page, you can send that to me too, and I'll set it up to the Wikia.

strajker

I've made some updates to the Main Page, well not really updating any content of it, but adding a new section reserved for deadlines and countdowns.

For adding a new one, use this...

Code:
<span style="display:none;" class="countdown"><big>TEXT HERE WHAT IS GOING ON:<br /><span style="color:#e71b1b" class="countdowndate">MONTH DD YEAR HH:MM:SS PST</span> </big></span>

<center>
<span style="display:none;" class="countdown"><big><span class="nocountdown">Counter unavailable.</span></big></span>
</center>
That PST thing is kind of fucked up, as it has to stay there in the code, but I've managed to edit the javascript so that the deadlines are actually enterred as CET not PST. We can use this for FiC too :eek:

spiluke

I am very sorry to bring this up, but I am a very forgetful person and forget most of the songs which were previously in NSC. I need to search for some entries and check if the artist and/or song have already been in NSC but the Database has been down lately. Is there another convenient alternative which I can use to find previous entries?

spiluke

The Wiki? Just type in the artist or song title in the search box? If the song title has a lot of common words that would be found in other song titles, use one or two distinct ones.
I thought there was a general conception that the Wiki was painfully slow and it was not updated lately. Am I wrong? :D

anselm

I thought there was a general conception that the Wiki was painfully slow and it was not updated lately. Am I wrong? :D
Unfortunately the most recent editions are missing (but that applies to the database as well). But it's not slow at all (although you might be referring to the wiki page with all entries which hasn't been updated for... three years?) :eek:

Stargazer

Super Moderator
Staff member
For me it's the other way around. The wiki works like a charm, but the database is painfully slow (and rarely works). I use the wiki all the time.

spiluke

Unfortunately the most recent editions are missing (but that applies to the database as well). But it's not slow at all (although you might be referring to the wiki page with all entries which hasn't been updated for... three years?) :eek:
That was when I switched to using the database as it worked wonders.
The wiki is great though, I'm re-orienting myself as it's been a while since I logged on! Thanks to both for the help

strajker

Looking through old voting tables for statistical purposes and finding out that they're gone can be somewhat frustrating, so I've started to upload them to the wiki.
Btw, big
to Alex for updating the editions missing from the Wiki.

Top Bottom