Contact us

NSC Statistics & Trivia

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Hello NSCers!

This thread is the second rendition of the Statistics and Trivia collection on the old forum, collecting together the stats from all editions of the contest in an easy-to-understand way. Five recurring stats will appear after each edition:

NSC League - A count of how many Top 10s each of the current nations have managed to achieved in the final of all editions. Nations are awarded 12 points for winning the contest, 10 points for being the runner up, and so on in the traditional Eurovision points method. Recurring placements for nations are counted in each block. Placings in red indicate the latest Top 10 of the contest.

Medal Table - Whenever a country recieves a Top 3 placing, it will be counted in an Olympic Games method: gold for winning, silver for coming 2nd and bronze for coming 3rd. All nations, past and present, are counted, and nations are ranked in order of gold total, then silver total, then bronze total.

Bottom 5 Leagues (Final & Semi-Finals) - Even the less unfortunate songs deserve recognition. If a nation 'achieves' a Bottom 5 placing in a final (in the Final League) or either semi-final (in the Semi-Finals League) it will recieve points based on how far down it is. Rest Jury qualifiers are still counted as Bottom 5 placings if they finish there in the main contest.

Just Missed Out League - Ever came 11th in the semi-final and felt like you just missed out? Well, just to make you feel better here's another league for you to feel better about and compete in. This league only includes entries from the birth of the double semi system where the qualifier positions have consistently been from 10th upwards. The closer you are to qualifying without actually qualifying will earn you more points. This league also includes entries that may have qualified by other means - either by rest jury, a PQ nation failing to vote, or host error.

All five league tables will be repeatedly updated 'annually' i.e. after the final of each contest. Other stats have also been posted by other members:

Pot Stats (posted by dogmeat) - An analysis of how the separate "pots" (group of likeminded nations that often share a common music taste, used to divide the semi-finals equally) voted in the final, showing which songs would have benefitted or gained a disadvantage if only one of the pots had decided the results.

Underground-o-Meter (posted by dogmeat) - An analysis of each nation's votes in comparison to the eventual totals. This determines whether each nation is in sync with the results and shows who has a more 'mainstream' taste and who's favourites were located near the bottom of the scoreboard.

Table of Consistency (posted by dogmeat) - A comparison between different nation's votes in the final of each edition, which are then plotted as a cross-table showing percentage compatibility between two nation's votes. This shows which nations have the most common voting grounds and is also a very helpful tool when trying to determine the pots used in semi-final division.

Voting Statistics (posted by anyone) - Anyone who wishes to can (and indeed has) post their voting stats, detailing who they have given the most points to or who they have recieved the most points from. These are optional but are a fun statistic to look at so you're encouraged to post them if you are willing to :mrgreen:

Any other statistics and trivia are also welcomed in this thread, if you are willing to post it and keep it at least semi-updated. Extra suggestions for new stats are also always very welcome. :D

Here you can also find some extra stats that I will update, but do not need a full table in their own right:
(to save you from excessive scrolling, click the spoiler tags to show the stats)

Entries stats:

Nations that have entered consecutively since their debut:

Winning stats:

Number of wins per nation:

Current nations waiting for first win:

Highest points achieved by one entry (Top 49):

Hosting stats:

Qualification stats:

Nationality of winning artists:

{{MORE COMING SOON - CHECK BACK REGULARLY FOR MORE UPDATES}}

Last edited:

94ayd

I've been updating some of the NSC statistics and trivia on nsc.wikia.com but I don't think I can deal with some of them. Who has created that page there, by the way? It hadn't been updated for a year probably.

Schlagerman1

Woo!! 10th best in the NSC league (the best country that hasn't won NSC yet) and also the worst when it comes to places in the final! :lol:

pyryniemi

Actually I was tied for 24th in NSC34 SEMI I, but after the tiebreaker I was 24th and Ugaly 25th, which means I have never been last!

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Sean said:
Bottom 5 (Semis)

43BLeagueS.png

Ugaly kinda owns everyone else here.. :lol:

The Medal Table will come later ;)

Uhm, you kinda made a serious miscalculation with Halito's score :lol:
3x8 + 2x6 + 1x4 + 5x2 + 3x1 = 24 + 12 + 4 + 10 + 3 = 53 :lol: Not 33 :wink:
So that makes Halito proud owner of the 3rd spot :mrgreen: :lol:

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Tsk tsk, you people will never be satisfied.. :roll:

j/k :lol: Both mistakes will be fixed next time

94ayd

By the way, in order to update some of the statistics, I need all the scoreboards from some shows. If anybody has any, especially those for the NSC editions 33-38, please contact me through this topic or by PM. I wouldn't mind receiving the scoreboards for NSC 43, as well as the semi-final scoreboards for editions 34-43.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
And finally the Bottom 5 Semis..

44BLeagueS.png

If you can think of any more stats you would like let me know and I'll see what I can do :mrgreen:

Top Bottom