Contact us

NSC Spinoffs: Information | Spinoff#177 | VOTE!

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
eyCciy6.png

CURRENT SPINOFF (#177)
TBA

COMPETING THEMES (177)

1. All Around The World: a real-world country is chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.

2. AATW type of Spinoff but with NSC nations

3. AI Cover Spinoff

4. Covers & Remixes 5
: everyone has to send cover or remixed version of a song previously entered in the main contest, including the original versions of songs whose covers or remixes were entered in NSC.

5. Major/Minor: songs changed from major into minor key (and vice versa)

6. NSC ESC Classic: any entry from any year allowed

7. NSC NF

8. Oldies
: tba, the host can decide the timeframe

HISTORY OF SPINOFFS SO FAR
PART 1
PART 2

SPINOFF CONTESTS WIKI
CLICK

Last edited:

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Hey hey!
I think there are enough votes now, but still, if you want to vote in the poll and haven't done this yet - you still have a chance to do it!
I'll give you some more time until 22.03 (23:59 cet)

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Poll is closed!

We have 25 voters, and that's quite good!
Thanks everyone for participating! :cool:

So, the majority decided, that AATW, Oldies and ESC NF should remain recurring spinoffs, and that means they will happen regularly without connection to polls.

I'll leave poll results here for the history

Btw I voted for the 2nd variant, but as we can see, the majority thinks in a different way! :mrgreen:

We still need to decide the frequency of recurring spinoffs, but the priority now is to start our next spinoff!
Our next poll will be created tonight/tomorrow and we'll be choosing our next theme! So, if you have any other suggestions, you're welcome to post them here. If the number of themes isn't enough, I will probably include themes from the previous poll.

I think we still can have one regular spinoff before the ESC one. :unsure:

Last edited:

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Okay, poll is opened! Please vote for the next theme!
I included all the themes from the previous poll (apart from AATW, for obvious reasons) + all the recent suggestions.

The Alphabest: randomize the alphabet and give each participant a letter according to the list. Every participant has to send an artist whose stage name starts with that letter.
Alternative voting system: the host invents a new creative voting system
Anything: a spinoff where you can send literally anything, as long as it's technically possible.
Comfort zone: you send a song that best fits your overall taste in music
Effifestivalen: everyone sends a different song for each other participant, trying to send whatever they believe they'd like most.
Genres 3: the host picks a genre. All entries must be of that genre (the previous two were folk and industrial)
Languageception: the entry must be sung in neither English nor in the mother language of the artist.
Life Is A Movie: every participant has to send a song featured in the soundtrack of a movie.
Melodic Picture 3: the host picks a picture. All entries must be somehow related to this picture.
Nothing spinoff: we're not sending any songs, but we're having a show, voting and results as normal; we might even do a live listening
Number 13: every participant has to send a song that must be the thirteenth track of an album.
Rainbow Rumble: every participant has to send a song whose title has a colour in it.
Year Randomizer: participants suggest a year each, which are then randomized and you must send an entry from the year you're given.

Vote until March 31

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Last day to vote! :)
If you want to vote for the next theme and haven't done it, you still have a chance!

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Poll is closed!

Our winning theme is The Alphabest!

Anyone would like to host it? Probably @tuorem (as you suggested this theme)?

tuorem

Hello @Veronika, Hello world,

Oh well, thanks people for supporting my sketchy concept. As Ana Raquel likes to say: "I'd like to thank my family and friends..." (Oscar speech mode on) :LOL: Hosting would have been an honour, but unfortunately I'll have to decline the offer because I have very little time to dedicate to games of any kind this week. I can barely keep up with the deadlines at the moment, so I'd rather not launch myself into that project. Maybe another time?

Have fun y'all, I will not accept post-game complaints about how lame that was. Thank you for your understanding. xheart

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Ok, I guess we should pick a host based on ESC 2019 spinoff results... Biflovatia won it, so probably @nofuxCZ would like to host?
If not, then @Ewigkeit (2nd place)?

theditz83

Veteran
I just thought that now would be a good time for NSC ESC 2020 before the traditional Eurovision season is over and we're all burned out by the songs. Figured Congrats would follow afterwards, but whatever the majority wants ;)

Top Bottom