Contact us

NSC Spinoffs: Information | Spinoff#177 | VOTE!

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
eyCciy6.png

CURRENT SPINOFF (#177)
TBA

COMPETING THEMES (177)

1. All Around The World: a real-world country is chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.

2. AATW type of Spinoff but with NSC nations

3. AI Cover Spinoff

4. Covers & Remixes 5
: everyone has to send cover or remixed version of a song previously entered in the main contest, including the original versions of songs whose covers or remixes were entered in NSC.

5. Major/Minor: songs changed from major into minor key (and vice versa)

6. NSC ESC Classic: any entry from any year allowed

7. NSC NF

8. Oldies
: tba, the host can decide the timeframe

HISTORY OF SPINOFFS SO FAR
PART 1
PART 2

SPINOFF CONTESTS WIKI
CLICK

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Since it's so close, I think I'll leave the poll open overnight. I need to wake up early tomorrow, so I'll be asleep by midnight CEST anyway.

By the way, if the standard version of NSC ESC 22 ends up winning, I'll add NSC ESC Artists 22 as an option in the next poll. It was already suggested that we could do more than one of these options, and I think the Artists version would work nicely post-ESC. (In fact, maybe I'll just add all of the non-standard options to the next poll.)
So should we start working out what the next spin-off should be now? xpray

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Yep! Time to submit your suggestions for the next spinoff, everyone.

I'll get us started:
NSC ESC Artists 22: You send any non-Eurovision-entry song from the discography of an ESC 2022 participant.
NSC ESC Artists: You send any non-Eurovision-entry song from the discography of any ESC participant.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Somehow I completely forgot about this. I'll open the poll tomorrow evening. If anyone has any other suggestions, speak up now!

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
The poll is open! The options this time are:

NSC ESC Artists 22: You send any non-Eurovision-entry song from the discography of an ESC 2022 participant.
NSC ESC Artists: You send any non-Eurovision-entry song from the discography of any ESC participant.
All Around The World: A real-world country is chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.
Languages 4: All the participants may only enter songs which are not in English language
Rainbow Rumble 2: Every participant has to send a song with a colour in the title.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Hey everyone! I would like to inform that I'm taking over the spinoffs, after @berlyda finishes with the current poll.
Yeah, unfortunately my personal issue still remains, but most likely it will be following me for long. I just needed time to get used to what happened and arrange my schedule considering my new circumstances. And after some consideration, I think I can handle it! :mrgreen:

Many thanks to @berlyda for helping me out! :) And of course vote vote vote for the next theme! xcheer

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Oh I guess @berlyda won't mind if I finish with this poll as well, moreover he seems to have so much to do now...

So, now we can officially announce our next spinoff and it's All Around The World! xcheer
And just in case I would like to invite everyone who ended up in the top-10 of the previous AATW.

@VasilijeM @Uto @Edweis @AshleyWright @theCONWEL @pras @Veliky @CypriotGirl @dogmeat @Rmetr0
Anyone interested in hosting? :)

Poll results:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
There is some ahead of me, but in case it does land on me then I'll have to say no. I'm a bit too busy atm.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Okaay, I'll try to suggest something too, we need to speed up a little with this and create a poll shortly. :)

Astrological Spinoff
Send an artist whose Astrological sign is the same as yours

Astrological Randomizer
All the 12 Astrological signs are allocated randomly, and you should send an artist who was born under the sign you were given

(groups/bands are not allowed or in case of bands only the vocalist counts)

Keep suggesting too, @everyone! xcheer

dogmeat

Make a Wish
Everyone describes a song they want to hear, for example "I want a kpop song with bagpipes". Then we try to fulfil each other's wishes

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Chain reaction spin off: there will be two stages. First stage people will say if they're in. Second stage there will be a draw. The first person will choose a song and send the title of the song to person #2 and the second person will submit a song that has in the title at least one same word with the song of the first person (in any language, and words like and, in, on, is etc are excluded), then the second person will send his song to the person #3 and goes forth.
Example:
Person #1: Another one bites the dust
Person #2: Dust in the wind
Person #3: Wind of change
Etc

Top Bottom