Contact us

NSC Spinoffs: Information | Spinoff#177 | VOTE!

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
eyCciy6.png

CURRENT SPINOFF (#177)
TBA

COMPETING THEMES (177)

1. All Around The World: a real-world country is chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.

2. AATW type of Spinoff but with NSC nations

3. AI Cover Spinoff

4. Covers & Remixes 5
: everyone has to send cover or remixed version of a song previously entered in the main contest, including the original versions of songs whose covers or remixes were entered in NSC.

5. Major/Minor: songs changed from major into minor key (and vice versa)

6. NSC ESC Classic: any entry from any year allowed

7. NSC NF

8. Oldies
: tba, the host can decide the timeframe

HISTORY OF SPINOFFS SO FAR
PART 1
PART 2

SPINOFF CONTESTS WIKI
CLICK

Last edited:

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Poll is closed! Our winning theme is Rainbow Rumble!

Results:

Who would like to host? :mrgreen:

As far as I remember, originally this theme was suggested by @tuorem, and this time it was suggested by @Morty

dogmeat

Maybe I could've added some more ideas I have for Copycats. So, basically, I think it would be super cool if everyone sends 2 sets of votes: one as the country they pretend to be and one as themselves. Added together they make full results. And we could pick the best copycat this way - the one whose pretend votes are closest to the actual votes of that person. And we could add some points for it to the final score!

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
As I said the first time I gave Rainbow Rumble a new chance, I can't host. This spinoff deserves to be hosted by someone who has proper color vision. That rules me out, at least from the design department. But if whoever wants to host needs assistance for something, I can try to help. :)

Lenalite

I know this isn't a traditional spinoff idea but we've had things like this before so what about a: Cooking Spinoff?

Basically we'd all be cooking a dish to submit a photo of the final product anonymously, then we vote for the best one -æ-the recipe is also provided in case people wanna cook some of the dishes on their own- and we could even try to predict who cooked what, a la looking through my window.

Does this make sense? Sorry, I am slightly intoxicated and am a bout to go to bed but I thought this would be a cute idea! 🥰

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
NSC Religious and Spiritual Songs Spinoff: enter songs that explore religious and/or spiritual themes and concepts.
Chain reaction spin off: there will be two stages. First stage people will say if they're in. Second stage there will be a draw. The first person will choose a song and send the title of the song to person #2 and the second person will submit a song that has in the title at least one same word with the song of the first person (in any language, and words like and, in, on, is etc are excluded), then the second person will send his song to the person #3 and goes forth.
Example:
Person #1: Another one bites the dust
Person #2: Dust in the wind
Person #3: Wind of change
Etc

May we have the poll please, @Veronika ? xrose Just so we smoothly sail off one Spinoff into another without breaks :)

Ewigkeit

Veteran
Sports Spinoff: Songs about various sports, theme songs of sports events, etc.

Languages 4

AATW

Vocaloid Spinoff:
Participants send songs that are sung by a Vocaloid.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Poll is opened! Please vote for the next theme!

AATW: a real-world country chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.
Chain reaction spin off: there will be two stages. First stage people will say if they're in. Second stage there will be a draw. The first person will choose a song and send the title of the song to person #2 and the second person will submit a song that has in the title at least one same word with the song of the first person (in any language, and words like and, in, on, is etc are excluded), then the second person will send his song to the person #3 and goes forth.
Example:
Person #1: Another one bites the dust
Person #2: Dust in the wind
Person #3: Wind of change
Etc
Cooking Spinoff: we'd all be cooking a dish to submit a photo of the final product anonymously, then we vote for the best one -æ-the recipe is also provided in case people wanna cook some of the dishes on their own- and we could even try to predict who cooked what, a la looking through my window.
Copycats: everyone is randomly assigned another nation. They choose a song and vote as if they were that nation.
Eurovision National Finals (classic/year or country randomizer)
Genres 3: the host picks a genre. All entries must be of that genre (the previous two were folk and industrial).
Languages 4: all the participants may only enter songs which are not in English language
Lost in Space + Time: Year + Country Randomizer.
Make a Wish: everyone wishes for a song. Examples: "I want dubstep with bagpipes", "I want an Asian 70s song". Then others try to fulfill that wish.
NSC Religious and Spiritual Songs Spinoff: enter songs that explore religious and/or spiritual themes and concepts.
Sports Spinoff: Songs about various sports, theme songs of sports events, etc.
Vocaloid Spinoff: Participants send songs that are sung by a Vocaloid.

Vote until 03/07 09:00 cest

Top Bottom