Contact us

NSC Spinoffs: Information | Spinoff#177 | VOTE!

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
eyCciy6.png

CURRENT SPINOFF (#177)
TBA

COMPETING THEMES (177)

1. All Around The World: a real-world country is chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.

2. AATW type of Spinoff but with NSC nations

3. AI Cover Spinoff

4. Covers & Remixes 5
: everyone has to send cover or remixed version of a song previously entered in the main contest, including the original versions of songs whose covers or remixes were entered in NSC.

5. Major/Minor: songs changed from major into minor key (and vice versa)

6. NSC ESC Classic: any entry from any year allowed

7. NSC NF

8. Oldies
: tba, the host can decide the timeframe

HISTORY OF SPINOFFS SO FAR
PART 1
PART 2

SPINOFF CONTESTS WIKI
CLICK

Last edited:

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
The poll is open! Competing themes:

Cupcakke Remixovion: everyone sends Cupcakke remixes
Genre Randomizer: each participant will be assigned a different genre at random
Karaoke 2
Languages 4: all the participants may only enter songs which are not in English language
Melodic Picture 4: the host picks a picture. All entries must be somehow related to this picture.
Minority Languages 2
Mystery 4: nations send a song without announcing it in public (nobody knows which song is sent by which nation)
Rainbow Rumble 2: every participant has to send a song with a colour in the title.
Second Chance spinoff: you can only send songs that failed to qualify for the final!

DDL: 22/01, 20:00 CET

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
The poll is closed!

Our winning theme is Karaoke 2!
(just in case: this is a regular karaoke, not a ESC one, and it previously took place only once long time ago... if I got everything right)

Results

Anyone interested in hosting?

I really hope the host will be found eventually. I would love to host it myself, but right now I have so many real life obligations, so any hosting is definitely not an option. But I will certainly take part in case the host is found and this spinoff happens. :)

I guess I'll wait for 4-5 days. In case the host isn't found, I'll just take the two options which came 2nd in the poll and will make a separate poll between them.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Ok, before I give up, I have to do this xD

Come on guys, this theme is fun, maybe someone would like to host in the end? :)

I had to do this, because people seem to forget about spinoffs completely. :unsure:
Don't be mad at me, just ignore this post in case you're not interested!

I will be waiting for 24 hours, and then, in case the host isn't found, we will move on and change the theme.

theditz83

Veteran
Sorry Veronika - would be one of the few themes I'd normally jump at the chance to fulfil, but I leave for Turkey in less than a week and I'll be away for 10 nights, so I'll have no time to host xrose

Veliky

I'd like to host :) I love karaoke, and I could squeeze that in my tight tight tight, so tight schedule, but I think this could fit!
If someone really wants to host and that is their dream come true, I don't mind giving the job. But if you struggle to find someone, I'm in.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Hey hey! :)

You can post your suggestions today + tomorrow, I'll make a poll tomorrow late evening most likely.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Okay, I gave a couple of extra days just in order for people to come up with more themes, but nothing else was added, so expect the poll to be opened tonight!
You can still suggest until then ofc. :)

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I still feel something is off on the numbering of the spinoffs. If I go by the spinoffs list on the Wiki, it seems like my numbering has been off since the 63rd spinoff (AATW Pacific Islands), as I don't think the "World Cup contest" was initially numbered. It's not mentioned in the first post in this thread either. And my numbering is one more off from the next spinoff, so one more has popped in between there, and I'm assuming that's the "Unplugged" spinoff, which for some reason has been numbered 62.5 in the first post here. I think the first post might require an update, and maybe the Wiki should be updated with numbers as well?

But there is still one missing in the Wiki list. Copycats should have been between "Rainbow Rumble" and "Lost in Space + Time". So I think this next one will be #174... Unless we stick with 62.5 on the Unplugged spinoff?

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Okaay....I see that Copycats is absent from the list indeed. Thanks @Morty for pointing it out.
There is some confusion of the numbering in the Wiki overall, and this needs fixing. I think I'll do it within the next couple of days, but as for now now let the next spinoff be #174, because it looks like so...

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
The poll is open! Competing themes:

All Around The World: a real-world country is chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.
ESC NF 2023
Languages 4:
all the participants may only enter songs which are not in English language
Melodic Picture 4: the host picks a picture. All entries must be somehow related to this picture.
Minority Languages 2
Rainbow Rumble 2:
every participant has to send a song with a colour in the title.

DDL: 15/03, 21 CET

Top Bottom