Contact us

NSC Spinoffs: Information | Spinoff#177 | VOTE!

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
eyCciy6.png

CURRENT SPINOFF (#177)
TBA

COMPETING THEMES (177)

1. All Around The World: a real-world country is chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.

2. AATW type of Spinoff but with NSC nations

3. AI Cover Spinoff

4. Covers & Remixes 5
: everyone has to send cover or remixed version of a song previously entered in the main contest, including the original versions of songs whose covers or remixes were entered in NSC.

5. Major/Minor: songs changed from major into minor key (and vice versa)

6. NSC ESC Classic: any entry from any year allowed

7. NSC NF

8. Oldies
: tba, the host can decide the timeframe

HISTORY OF SPINOFFS SO FAR
PART 1
PART 2

SPINOFF CONTESTS WIKI
CLICK

Last edited:

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
The poll is open! Competing themes:

Astrological Spinoff: send an artist whose Astrological sign is the same as yours (groups/bands are not allowed or in case of bands only the vocalist counts)
Astrological Randomizer: all the 12 Astrological signs are allocated randomly, and you should send an artist who was born under the sign you were given (groups/bands are not allowed or in case of bands only the vocalist counts)
Chain reaction spin off: there will be two stages. First stage people will say if they're in. Second stage there will be a draw. The first person will choose a song and send the title of the song to person #2 and the second person will submit a song that has in the title at least one same word with the song of the first person (in any language, and words like and, in, on, is etc are excluded), then the second person will send his song to the person #3 and goes forth.
Example:
Person #1: Another one bites the dust
Person #2: Dust in the wind
Person #3: Wind of change
Etc
Covers & Remixes 5: everyone has to send cover or remixed version of a song previously entered in the main contest, including the original versions of songs whose covers or remixes were entered in NSC.
Drugged: title with names related to drugs (medical or heavier stuff)
I Bring You Love spin-off: Simpsons themed/inspired entries
I watch it for the plot: instead of the song, we rank physical attractiveness of the artist
Make a Wish: everyone describes a song they want to hear, for example "I want a kpop song with bagpipes". Then we try to fulfil each other's wishes

DDL: 15/08, 22:30 CEST

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Poll is closed!
Our next spinoff will be I watch it for the plot !

Poll results:

Maybe @dogmeat would like to host?
(well we need to wait for the AATW results first :unsure:)

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
Just a heads up, the numbering on the Spinoffs seems to be off... According to my list, this should be #170.

On the Wiki, both the Slutfiesta and Short But Sweet 2 are mentioned as the 162nd spinoff, but I don't think that's what's messed it up. Maybe NSC ESC 22 wasn't counted?

155: Congrats 19
156: NSC ESC 2021
157: NSC World Tour
158: ESC 20/21 Karaoke
159: Rainbow Rumble
160: Copycats
161: Lost in Space + Time
162: Slutfiesta
163: Short But Sweet 2
164: Videogame 2
165: tsetnoC gnoS noitaN (still not finished btw)
166: Congrats 20
167: Your Title Sounds Familiar
168: NSC ESC 2022
169: AATW Kosovo (also not finished)
170: I watch it for the plot

nofuxCZ

Just a heads up, the numbering on the Spinoffs seems to be off... According to my list, this should be #170.

On the Wiki, both the Slutfiesta and Short But Sweet 2 are mentioned as the 162nd spinoff, but I don't think that's what's messed it up. Maybe NSC ESC 22 wasn't counted?

155: Congrats 19
156: NSC ESC 2021
157: NSC World Tour
158: ESC 20/21 Karaoke
159: Rainbow Rumble
160: Copycats
161: Lost in Space + Time
162: Slutfiesta
163: Short But Sweet 2
164: Videogame 2
165: tsetnoC gnoS noitaN (still not finished btw)
166: Congrats 20
167: Your Title Sounds Familiar
168: NSC ESC 2022
169: AATW Kosovo (also not finished)
170: I watch it for the plot

Should be #171 according to wiki
169 spin-offs in the list, 170 is the AATW Kosovo one

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
I just checked everything and @nofuxCZ I suppose you're right! AATW Kosovo is 170th and our upcoming spinoff is 171th. It seems like we finally sorted all out. xheya And yeah, we're still searching for a host of our next spinoff I watch it for the plot!
Pls let us know if you're interested in hosting this!

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I just checked everything and @nofuxCZ I suppose you're right! AATW Kosovo is 170th and our upcoming spinoff is 171th. It seems like we finally sorted all out. xheya And yeah, we're still searching for a host of our next spinoff I watch it for the plot!
Pls let us know if you're interested in hosting this!
In that case, can you update the numbered list in the first post?

Also, looks like the Copycats spinoff isn't mentioned in the Spinoffs page on the Wiki, so if there's 169 spinoffs in that list, then something isn't adding up...

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
While we're trying to finish AATW somehow, I'd like to remind everyone that meanwhile we're searching for the host for I watch it for the plot! I decided that it should start asap, regardless of the AATW status.
If we don't found the host in 2 days, I'll just announce the next round of suggestions, declaring the theme I watch it for the plot unpopular.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
No suggestions so far :oops:

Okay, then I'll suggest Karaoke Spinoff. Not a ESC one obviously, but just a regular Karaoke. Would be fun I guess, and moreover it's been a fairly long time since it last took place here.

Oh and of course, Congratulations 21 should take place after the current NSC edition finishes. It may be too early to search for a host, but anyway let me know if you're interested! Considering the overall lack of interest in hosting spinoffs, the earlier we start searching for a host - the better.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Tomorrow will be the last day of suggestions I guess, so it'll be great to have some more!
I'll probably create a poll tomorrow as well.

Sorry for being that late, but we haven't got enough suggestions + we had a unfinished spinoff.
Now I'm back to put things in order. :)

Top Bottom