Contact us

NSC Spinoffs: Information | Spinoff#177 | VOTE!

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
eyCciy6.png

CURRENT SPINOFF (#177)
TBA

COMPETING THEMES (177)

1. All Around The World: a real-world country is chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.

2. AATW type of Spinoff but with NSC nations

3. AI Cover Spinoff

4. Covers & Remixes 5
: everyone has to send cover or remixed version of a song previously entered in the main contest, including the original versions of songs whose covers or remixes were entered in NSC.

5. Major/Minor: songs changed from major into minor key (and vice versa)

6. NSC ESC Classic: any entry from any year allowed

7. NSC NF

8. Oldies
: tba, the host can decide the timeframe

HISTORY OF SPINOFFS SO FAR
PART 1
PART 2

SPINOFF CONTESTS WIKI
CLICK

Last edited:

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Poll is opened! Please vote for the next theme!

AATW: a real-world country chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.
Canceled Artists: only enter artists that have been canceled.
Languages 4: all the participants may only enter songs which are not in English language
Leak Me!: nations enter songs that haven't been released. E.g: Leaks from YouTube, or demos from Soundcloud.
Live Performances: songs sang live.
Minority Languages 2
NSC ESC NF in the style of NSC ESC
(open to naming suggestions): participants can submit only one NF entry per country (we can discuss the range of years to be included).
Sports Spinoff: songs about various sports, theme songs of sports events, etc.
Vocaloid Spinoff: participants send songs that are sung by a Vocaloid.
Your Name Sounds Familiar: The host selects a past NSC edition and every participant sends a song that shares the same title with a song from that edition (multiple entries with the same title are not allowed).
All of the Above: The options of this poll (except this one, obviously) will be assigned to each participant.

Deadline: 04.03

dogmeat

Can we please NOT have AATW Ukraine? It won't make Putin withdraw his army.
I don't know about y'all but I find the constant stream of war related news needlessly anxiety-inducing, given that I'm unable to realistically do anything. I feel something bright and colorful, like AATW Caribbean last year, would be a healthy break from reality.

I'm voting for AATW, but 100% sitting it out if it's Ukraine or anything related to current events.

iowacorn

I don't know about y'all but I find the constant stream of war related news needlessly anxiety-inducing, given that I'm unable to realistically do anything. I feel something bright and colorful, like AATW Caribbean last year, would be a healthy break from reality.

I'm voting for AATW, but 100% sitting it out if it's Ukraine or anything related to current events.

Hey, your opinion is completely valid. We all will deal with the the current issue in different ways. You want to hear nothing of it and I respect that. On my side, I think it would be nice to balance out the awfulness coming from there with a little cultural appreciation and solidarity. Neither way is better than the other.

However, I would hate for you to feel alienated from a contest. I just don't understand why have you’ve gotta be snarky about it? That's not the vibe.

Anyway, I have a sports spinoff song I want to enter and that's been on there for like a year now, so let's go sports!

theditz83

Veteran

100% with you - these contests are my escape from a reality that just gets more desperate and soul-destroying by the day, and while I wholeheartedly understand the sentiment behind the suggestion, I would rather a less country-centric theme (that's what I prefer in general with these spin-offs, as more variety of styles and nationalities is fab).

As it is, there are a couple of options here that take my fancy - we'll see if my prayers to the gods manifest a decent outcome here xpray

Fearnavigatr

Just a question, how much does "NSC ESC NF in the style of NSC ESC" differ from the classic recurring NSC NF spinoff? Sounds like it's basically NSC NF 14 but with a country limit.

Last edited:

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I feel exactly the same as @dogmeat about what's going on. I've been following the news nearly non-stop for the last week (except at work, altho I have been on the phone to check what's new there as well), and I've started having bad dreams because of it. I live pretty far away from everything, but it's still giving me issues, and I can't even imagine how it is to live close to (or in) Ukraine. xrose But, that's why I want AATW Ukraine. It would give me some balance to all the negativity. On the other hand, AATW Ukraine would be even better as a celebration when this is all over, and Ukraine is once again a free country.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Poll is closed! Our winning theme is Your Name Sounds Familiar!

Who would like to host? (@Ewigkeit suggested this theme)

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
@Ewigkeit I know that you just finished co-hosting Congrats, but maybe you still wish to host another spin-off (moreover it was your suggestion), but just missed my mention somehow. :rolleyes:

And any volunteers maybe would like to host? Pls let us know, if you're interested.

Ewigkeit

Veteran
@Veronika Yes, I’d like to give others a chance as I’ve just finished hosting Congrats & irl stuff going on. Sorry if it’s too lame to turn down the hosting offer but hey, it was sort of inevitable given that I suggested 8/11 of the total number of spin-off ideas 5555

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think one more spinoff until NSC ESC 22 would be good to go xup

I suggest anything National Finals-related to get us warmed up xcheer

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
You probably want ESC 22 next unless you don’t mind it being held simultaneously with the actual thing. (I don’t personally mind either way though!)
Well a Spinoff takes roughly 2 weeks. I'm looking for 2nd half of April until early May (worst case scenario)..

takeru

Pretty sure most of our spin-offs take longer than 2 though…

Usually 1+ week deciding theme and host,
1+ week confirmations (some of which are 2-parters where everyone has to confirm something once and then randomize, and confirm again for the song),
1+ week voting (plus several more for the inevitable extension)

It’s not necessarily a bad thing; spinoffs benefit loads from being relaxed. But the reality is they’re definitely not 2 weeks each. At least these days. I’d say the average spinoff takes longer than the main NSC editions running alongside them.

Top Bottom