Contact us

NSC Spinoffs: Information | Spinoff#177 | VOTE!

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
eyCciy6.png

CURRENT SPINOFF (#177)
TBA

COMPETING THEMES (177)

1. All Around The World: a real-world country is chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.

2. AATW type of Spinoff but with NSC nations

3. AI Cover Spinoff

4. Covers & Remixes 5
: everyone has to send cover or remixed version of a song previously entered in the main contest, including the original versions of songs whose covers or remixes were entered in NSC.

5. Major/Minor: songs changed from major into minor key (and vice versa)

6. NSC ESC Classic: any entry from any year allowed

7. NSC NF

8. Oldies
: tba, the host can decide the timeframe

HISTORY OF SPINOFFS SO FAR
PART 1
PART 2

SPINOFF CONTESTS WIKI
CLICK

Last edited:

dogmeat

Congrats were never hosted by previous winners. Traditionally, the host is selected by the community. Ideally a long serving member who's never or rarely hosted.

Personally I'd nominate Adamsburg who's the oldest country in NSC right now, and returned in this decade.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
I would suggest nominating @dogmeat since he seems particularly enthusiastic and was up for hosting NSC 181, and he fits the criteria of a longstanding member who rarely hosts ;)

dogmeat

I hosted Congrats 16 though (you know, the one you waited two months for the results). I'll do it if nobody else volunteers.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
That's why I decided to pick a host following the previous results.
In my opinion, it's better to have a fixed list of contenders to host rather than these chaotic nominations with no strict rules.
Times have changed. It may have worked in the past, but now it can last for ages.
I may be mistaken, though, we'll see.

theditz83

Veteran
Can we try to get something going with this please before we're halfway through the 180s and we still have no-one to host?

I don't have an issue with selecting a previous Top 3/5 nation for hosting duties, but similarly any nation that has participated in the 18th decade and are eligible to take part in the contest would also make for a good hosting choice.

Fearnavigatr

I would like to mention though that I kind of appreciated Congrats 17 happening later than normal, simply because it gave the entries of NSC 170 a chance to "cool down", "sink in", "feel established" etc. and not risk fatigue. I know some people tend to hesitate or not even consider sending their latest entry for that reason.

Of course, doesn't have to be several editions for that, the one-edition gap we're approaching is enough.

Last edited:

dogmeat

Some suggestions for the next spinoff(s):
Short songs (<1:30)
Long songs (>8:00)
Genres 3 (The host chooses a genre - previous two editions were Folk and Industrial)
Effifestivalen (You send a different song for each other participant. Then everyone votes for a list of songs chosen specifically for them.)

Last edited:

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
More suggestions:
-Languageception (the language of the song must be different to the native language of the artist, and also cannot be English)
-Covers/remixes 5

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Special OPENDING : senda song that was either an opening or ending of a film, serie, anime, tvshow etc.
And throwing in tuorem's idea, Rainbow Rumble : every participant has to send a song which title has a colour in it.

theditz83

Veteran
NSC Karaoke: perform your favourite NSC entry karaoke-style.
Should've been Single: send an album track that never got a standalone release as an official single.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
I think tomorrow will be the last day for your suggestions, and I'll make a poll by the end of the day. :)
If you have any other suggestions, you're still welcome to share them!

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Okay, poll is opened! Please vote for the next theme!

Covers/remixes 5: everyone has to send cover or remixed version of a song previously entered in the main contest, including the original versions of songs whose covers or remixes were entered in NSC.
Effifestivalen: you send a different song for each other participant. Then everyone votes for a list of songs chosen specifically for them.
Genres 3: the host picks a genre. All entries must be of that genre (the previous two were folk and industrial).
Languageception: the language of the song must be different to the native language of the artist, and also cannot be English.
Long songs (>8:00)
NSC Karaoke: perform your favourite NSC entry karaoke-style.
NSC NF: songs from ESC national finals
NSC Pride: each country sends a Pride-themed song.
Rainbow Rumble: every participant has to send a song which title has a colour in it.
Short songs (<1:30)
Should've been Single: send an album track that never got a standalone release as an official single.
Special OPENDING: send a song that was either an opening or ending of a film, serie, anime, tvshow etc.

Vote until July 10

Top Bottom