Contact us

NSC Spinoffs: Information | Spinoff#177 | VOTE!

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
eyCciy6.png

CURRENT SPINOFF (#177)
TBA

COMPETING THEMES (177)

1. All Around The World: a real-world country is chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.

2. AATW type of Spinoff but with NSC nations

3. AI Cover Spinoff

4. Covers & Remixes 5
: everyone has to send cover or remixed version of a song previously entered in the main contest, including the original versions of songs whose covers or remixes were entered in NSC.

5. Major/Minor: songs changed from major into minor key (and vice versa)

6. NSC ESC Classic: any entry from any year allowed

7. NSC NF

8. Oldies
: tba, the host can decide the timeframe

HISTORY OF SPINOFFS SO FAR
PART 1
PART 2

SPINOFF CONTESTS WIKI
CLICK

Last edited:

dogmeat

Some other themed spinoffs I liked:
- Anything (A spinoff where you can send literally anything, as long as it's technically possible)
- Effifestivalen (Everyone sends a different song for each other participant, trying to send whatever they believe they'd like most)

tuorem

I'm not familiar with spinoffs and whatnot, but I told myself why not help you to find ideas. Sorry if it's been done before.

Rainbow Rumble (every participant has to send a song whose title has a colour in it)
Life Is A Movie (every participant has to send a song featured in the soundtrack of a movie)
The Alphabest (randomize the alphabet and give each participant a letter according to the list. Every participant has to send an artist whose stage name starts with that letter)
Number 13 (every participant has to send a song that must be the thirteenth track of an album)

Last edited:

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
giphy.gif

I actually got this idea thanks to Japanese singing in German.

Haha I actually went to a Hatsune Miku concert not so long ago. Surreal experience. Didn't know she sings in German too, that's awesome

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
So, the poll is opened!
Here are the competing themes (in alphabetical order):

AATW: a real-world country chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.
The Alphabest: randomize the alphabet and give each participant a letter according to the list. Every participant has to send an artist whose stage name starts with that letter.
Anything: a spinoff where you can send literally anything, as long as it's technically possible.
Effifestivalen: everyone sends a different song for each other participant, trying to send whatever they believe they'd like most.
Genres 3: the host picks a genre. All entries must be of that genre (the previous two were folk and industrial)
Languageception: the entry must be sung in neither English nor in the mother language of the artist.
Life Is A Movie: every participant has to send a song featured in the soundtrack of a movie.
Melodic Picture 3: the host picks a picture. All entries must be somehow related to this picture.
Number 13: every participant has to send a song that must be the thirteenth track of an album.
Rainbow Rumble: every participant has to send a song whose title has a colour in it.
Year Randomizer: participants suggest a year each, which are then randomized and you must send an entry from the year you're given.

Vote until 23rd January, 23:00 CET.

Last edited:

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Is there a way to hide poll results until closed on the new forum?

I think no (or not yet?). There are only 3 options: "Allow voters to change their votes", "Allow the results to be viewed without voting" and "Display votes publicly"
I didn't choose the last two, but still the results can be seen after voting.

Top Bottom