Contact us

NSC Eurovision Special 2022 in Sakuralia - Confirmation Thread

esc87fan

nscesc22.jpg

Benvenuti!

Welcome to this year's Nation Song Contest Eurovision special. We've come to Sakuralia to spread the Sound of Beauty throughout Natia and beyond. So let's share our favorites from the 2022 contest in Turin together!

Rules
* All nations from the main roster and Waiting List are welcome
* Songs are claimed on a first come, first serve basis, so have a second choice ready if your favorite is gone
* Have fun and enjoy!

Submissions
Submit your entry to me in the following format
Nation:
Song:
Link:
Second choice (if needed):

DDL: May 13 @ 23:59 CET (17:59 EDT)

Countries Claimed
:nl::fr::cz::lt::rs::pt::ua::al::gr::se:
:es::ie::cy::uk::mt::at::ee::pl::ge:

Last edited:

Eulaliya

Entry sent! xcheer

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
::tuz will skip this one due to unfairness. Let me be corrected if I'm wrong but due to mass-turnout to confirm "hot" entries it's always a practice to open the thread announcing confirmation time start beforehand. :)
Everyone is entitled to a chance to send their fave be it a an actual fave with fairness. Randomly opened thread in the middle of the day without prior announcement of exact time is unfair and unethical to others who might be away from forum for some hours or similar cases.

Last edited:

Kimrt

::tuz will skip this one due to unfairness. Let me be corrected if I'm wrong but due to mass-turnout to confirm "hot" entries it's always a practice to open the thread announcing confirmation time start beforehand. :)
Everyone is entitled to a chance to send their fave be it a an actual fave with fairness. Randomly opened thread in the middle of the day without prior announcement of exact time is unfair and unethical to others who might be away from forum for some hours or similar cases.
So you wanted one of the big favorites but didn’t get it?

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
But then it wouldn't be fair to those who can log in to the forum when the thread is opened but not when actual confirmation starts xshrug
It sucks but there will be always losers in that "game". It isn't any different from other NSC editions when a recent hit has been released and more than one nation wants to send it.

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
But then it wouldn't be fair to those who can log in to the forum when the thread is opened but not when actual confirmation starts xshrug
It sucks but there will be always losers in that "game". It isn't any different from other NSC editions when a recent hit has been released and more than one nation wants to send it.
disagreed. One bad tradition (NSC) doesn't have to justify this one.

esc87fan

I wanted to open it later on Thursday, but I wasn't feeling well so I decided to open it this morning my time

PS to the Waiting List: You guys are also welcome to join the special, the more the merrier!

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wanted to open it later on Thursday, but I wasn't feeling well so I decided to open it this morning my time
Totally unrelated to my point but it's all cool Steph no need to clarify yourself on regard of your own time and provate life. Everybody here is full of understanding and I sincerely hope you feel better now. 🤗🌹

esc87fan

Pretty good turnout for the first day of confirmation. I've started work on the banners, they're simple but I hope you like them :)

esc87fan

Tomorrow is the deadline to confirm participation in this year's special, there's still many countries to choose from!

theditz83

Veteran
Tomorrow is the deadline to confirm participation in this year's special, there's still many countries to choose from!
Be prepared for your inbox to go into meltdown tomorrow Steph!

Maybe mention it on the Discord server if you're on it (or perhaps some other kind soul can!) Could try mentions here but we know they aren't the most reliable ;)

dogmeat

I mean, there's no way for everyone to get their desired entry, because the pool of songs is so limited. Someone will always feel cheated. Perhaps there should be a random.org system to remove the racing to confirm aspect.
I had both my favorites taken literally as first two choices (assuming the list is in chronological order), but at least I get to vote for them this way. I don't feel as attached to my own entry, since I see this spinoff less as a regular spinoff and more as an ESC ranking game with an NSC spin. Even if there's just one song left, I'll take it.

esc87fan

Left a note in the Discord server and I have another confirmation. Show will be going up on Sunday to allow everyone to enjoy the Eurovision final on Saturday

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean, there's no way for everyone to get their desired entry, because the pool of songs is so limited. Someone will always feel cheated. Perhaps there should be a random.org system to remove the racing to confirm aspect.
I had both my favorites taken literally as first two choices (assuming the list is in chronological order), but at least I get to vote for them this way. I don't feel as attached to my own entry, since I see this spinoff less as a regular spinoff and more as an ESC ranking game with an NSC spin. Even if there's just one song left, I'll take it.
I'm sorry but there IS a way. Set a deadline, let the potential participants stick with it in their heads for a day or more and as I did to get Adrenalina last year: write down your PM wait for x hour 59 minutes 59 seconds and whom forum sorts out first in hosts's inbox gets the entry as the official deadline kick off. Fair and square.

This way Stephanie was like: "Lol ok I'm starting off this sh*t - who is here to see first and confirm and who isn't, well sorry that you can't read my mind and have a dignifying chance to confirm what you love but I start my confirmations without prior notice whenever I feel like it"

dogmeat

As @Edweis already pointed out, that system would discriminate those who are unavailable at the specified date. And among those who are racing to the top of inbox, it all is decided by luck (or by internet speed). So it's all about random chance in any case.

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Yeah, the only truly fair way to do it would be to have a pre-confirmation period where everyone confirms their desire to participate, and then use random.org to decide the order in which people get to choose their entry. That way no-one is screwed by having a different work/sleep schedule, or by being in a different time zone.

esc87fan

Confirmation is closed! 19 nations will be participating in this year's special

The running order is as follows:

New Bander State
Comino
New Acadia
Yaponesia
Riya-Sampetrina
Tanoiro
Belvist
Moisantia
Perryfornia