Contact us

NSC entry stuck in my head today

Ewigkeit

Veteran
79 / 104 = 0.76
131 / 172 = 0.76

Conclusion: Little Braveheart would get the same score today as it did in NSC 114.
Why did you divide their scores into edition numbers? :mrgreen: Didn’t make sense to me, if Karma Karma competed in NSC 17500 and got the same score, we wouldn’t be discussing this.

dogmeat said:
btw [MENTION=5511]Ewigkeit[/MENTION] you didn't vote for either of them :confused:
That sucks, I gave a small amount of points to Karma Karma in the semi-final but, you know, we had a quite decent final. ^^ So sorry, [MENTION=12078]AshleyWright[/MENTION]. About NSC 114, that was a goddamn hot edition, not to mention the fact that it was my first ever hosting so I still have an emonitonal connection with many songs (including the ones I didn’t vote for) from there. Besides, Little Braveheart is a post-edition grower, sadly. :(

Ewigkeit

Veteran
LOL, sorry about that, should never read posts right after waking up. :lol: I still don’t get the methodology applied there, never mind though.

pyryniemi

I counted points given to those two songs by nations participating in both editions. There's much overlap, but I'm not the only one who voted for one and did not for the other.

Dal Riata 114 got 79 points. Solentoya 174 got 104 points.
Their full scores were 131 and 172 respectively.

79 / 104 = 0.76
131 / 172 = 0.76

Conclusion: Little Braveheart would get the same score today as it did in NSC 114.

Doesn't this help [MENTION=5511]Ewigkeit[/MENTION] 's argument, though? The 41* point gap comes from somewhere, and this illustrates that it came from changes in the roster/voting base during the time period.

*or however many points it is, when you take into account the numbers of voters in each finale

dogmeat

No. 41 is the gap when you count all voters. When you count only people who voted in both finals, there's still a 25 points gap between them, which is proportionally the same as 41.

In other words, people who voted in both finals, on average liked Solentoya more than Dal Riata (by the same margin as full voting base)

Of course, it's a low sample that's not statistically very significant, but it's all we have.

Brandt

As my Spotify reveals, ::cal 152 the winner song is my most listened song in 2019.

Funny enough, I didn't participate in 152nd contest, so I didn't know any entry, including the winner. One month or so later, I discovered this song and attempted to send it to nsc, only to find out it has won already. :D

Top Bottom