Contact us

NSC Database updating & New NSC Mods Recruitment (attempt #2)

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Hey xcheer so, let's try this again since last attempt wasn't successful

A quick summary: the current NSC mod team decided to leave (+ anselm completely left NSC), @Stargazer joined a while ago as both Super Mod and NSC Mod. Also, even thought Sean and renzo will not be in NSC Mod Team, they will be involved in some way. Renzo will be there to help with some stuff from time to time and Sean will have some kind of observer/helper role, so he will be able to give an advice if it will be necessary. They won't be actively involved with work of NSC Mod Team, but they will have access, so that they can help when they will have time.

I am also looking for the new NSC Mods, so please read the rest of this post carefully. :D

What is NSC Mod? How active I have to be?

Responsibilites? Which responsibilities are available?

I don't wanna be NSC Mod, but I wanna contribute in some way, is that possible?

Yes! xheya We are currently looking for number of volunteers to help with updating of NSC Database and maybe Wikia if it will be necessary/useful (but not obligatory). So, if you want to help with updating of NSC Database, feel free to check the PMing part below. :D

This is your chance to become more active in NSC and on this forum overall and help us keep things smooth and fun for everyone on here. If you think you have what we require, then apply now. We just have requirements:
- Communication skills (be nice, friendly, outgoing and treat every NSC member with respect)
- Good understanding of Board and NSC Rules
- The NSC Moderator must be the member of NSC (this means that only full roster NSC members can apply)

If you are meeting the mentioned requirements, please send me a PM with the answers to the following questions:
1. What timezone are you in?
2. What languages do you speak?
3. Why do you think you should become a NSC mod and what would you do?
4. Do you have any past experience as a mod (on escYOUnited or anywhere else)? (YES/NO)
OPTIONAL: What mod experience do you have? (describe it if you want to answer on this question)
5. Which role/responsibility do you prefer?

If you don't want to be a NSC mod, but you wanna help (with updating of NSC Database for now), please make sure to meet the following requirements and answer the following questions:
- Understanding of NSC and its structure
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and entering data
- Must be in NSC in some way (as either member or on waiting list)
1. What timezone are you in?
2. What languages do you speak?
3. How much time are you expecting that you will have for contributing to NSC (approximate)?
4. Why do you think you could be perfect for this job? (in 1-2 sentences)

Additionally, if any of the volunteers will be interested in being the NSC Mod, there is a possibility for that if they will be active enough.

If you want me to consider your application, please make sure to meet these requirements:
- Send your application in English
- Answer all the required questions
- Do NOT use hard to see colors like this one because this is annoying and it is hard to read it because it burns your eyes

Number of filled positions for volunteers and NSC Mods will depend on the qualify of applications, but I am not planning to help more than 3-5 NSC Mods (including Stargazer). Regarding volunteers, I am not planning to have more than 1-4.

I won't put the deadline for applying right now (I will announce it at least a few days in advance), but it won't be longer than 31st October, 2018.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
If you have any questions, feel free to post here :D

I am also tagging users currently in NSC Member group :D
(if you are not in NSC, ignore this since we are currently working on updating the group members)

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Still tempted, but still can't. :( Waiting to move into my new apartment, and it has been postponed until the end of January, and my life is a bit chaotic these days...

NSC Mod job is less time-consuming actually in comparison to the other section Mods because it's more like an observer role (members/winners of previous editions are hosting NSCs/spinoffs) :D I am also not strict with how much/when I'm expecting people to be online, it's more important that the job gets done. :D

A few examples:
Roster updates - I am happy as long as roster list is getting updated after every edition
NSC Database updates - It is important that it gets updated in some reasonable time, it is not important if that is 1 hour or 2 days or 5 days after the results

Also, if something comes up, it's more than OK to take time off as long as I know that someone will be here less for some time or XY days :D (this is pretty common actually, you can't expect and it is impossible that everyone will be available 24/7)

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
NSC Mod job is less time-consuming actually in comparison to the other section Mods because it's more like an observer role (members/winners of previous editions are hosting NSCs/spinoffs) :D I am also not strict with how much/when I'm expecting people to be online, it's more important that the job gets done. :D

A few examples:
Roster updates - I am happy as long as roster list is getting updated after every edition
NSC Database updates - It is important that it gets updated in some reasonable time, it is not important if that is 1 hour or 2 days or 5 days after the results

Also, if something comes up, it's more than OK to take time off as long as I know that someone will be here less for some time or XY days :D (this is pretty common actually, you can't expect and it is impossible that everyone will be available 24/7)

I understand, but right now finding time to even vote is challenging enough. I hope to have a more normal life again from February tho, but I know I will have a lot of catching up to do on a lot of things. But, NSC updates would get priority, because I tend to do things properly once I get started. :)

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
I understand, but right now finding time to even vote is challenging enough. I hope to have a more normal life again from February tho, but I know I will have a lot of catching up to do on a lot of things. But, NSC updates would get priority, because I tend to do things properly once I get started. :)

I understand :D well, hopefully you will apply xcheer

Just wanted to sort out what is expected from NSC Mods regarding the availability :D

esc87fan

I'll contemplate going for it

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
A quick reminder, don't forget to apply if you are planning to :D I am still receiving the applications

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
I think I may have missed the deadline by a year or so :lol: But my life is looking a bit more stable now and I would like to apply to be an NSC mod again, since there doesn't seem to be much appetite among anyone else. (Specifically, I am applying for the Rules Mod position.) I'm writing this here since [MENTION=4374]Jukica[/MENTION] has officially quit NSC now, so I'm not sure if the application-by-PM process still applies :p Maybe [MENTION=4597]Stargazer[/MENTION] is a more appropriate contact?

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I think I may have missed the deadline by a year or so :lol: But my life is looking a bit more stable now and I would like to apply to be an NSC mod again, since there doesn't seem to be much appetite among anyone else. (Specifically, I am applying for the Rules Mod position.) I'm writing this here since [MENTION=4374]Jukica[/MENTION] has officially quit NSC now, so I'm not sure if the application-by-PM process still applies :p Maybe [MENTION=4597]Stargazer[/MENTION] is a more appropriate contact?
I'm still waiting on confirmation from Juki exactly how things will proceed from here on out regarding NSC, so I'm not sure yet if I have the authority to appoint mods. Will let you know as soon as I know. I would definitely welcome the help, that's for sure! :)

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
I'm still waiting on confirmation from Juki exactly how things will proceed from here on out regarding NSC, so I'm not sure yet if I have the authority to appoint mods. Will let you know as soon as I know. I would definitely welcome the help, that's for sure! :)

Okay, I figured the handover process still wasn't complete but I thought I'd mention you both just in case. I might as well make a formal application by PM to Juki in the meantime :)

Top Bottom