Contact us

NSC Congratulations 21 - The Show (Deadline: December 3, 23:59 CET)

Fearnavigatr

Welcome back to Fuel, Ugaly for the twenty-first edition of Nation Song Contest's decennial celebration, Congratulations!

xNsDLx.png

This is the spin-off where we celebrate the recent history of NSC by revisiting some of our favorite entries from the past decade!

Opening this show, please give a warm welcome to Ugly legends Ladytron and their NSC 26 entry, Seventeen!

THEY ONLY WANT YOU WHEN YOU'RE SEVENTEEN
WHEN YOU'RE TWENTY-ONE YOU'RE NO FUN

These immortal lyrics were etched into the minds of many NSCers at the time of this entry, and the numbers 17 and 21 themselves have become highly associated with this often quoted song, for better or for worse (respectively).
Inspired by this meme of old, we have invited a whole slew of NSC entrants from the contest's 210-year past who are going to present tonight's contestants in order using their numerical lyrics! How many can you recognize?

Without further ado, let's start the show!

As usual, we will use a different voting system from regular NSC editions to befit the increased amount of entries.
The points are:
20 - 17 - 15 - 13 - 11 - 10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

Send your votes by PM or IM to Fearnavigatr/Jochen
Deadline is Thursday, December 1, 23:59 CET (subject to extensions, don't stress out)

For now, we'll take a polaroid and let you go.
Say we'll let you know, so come on!

Wiiiiiieuuw

Last edited:

Fearnavigatr

Text show:

Last edited:

Rmetr0

Yaaaaaay lots of great choices, now cant wait to vote xheat

And whaaaaat a show xheat 🔥 Nice job finding all those numbers in songs' lyrics :lol:👍🏻

Fearnavigatr

Those of you who have sent votes already can rest assured they will be handled. I haven't started counting yet, but I've glanced over everything to make sure you don't have to make any corrections.

For now, I'd like to share the playlist of all the entries that were used to reference the draw numbers. This is quite an excellently varied NSC mixtape, I absolutely recommend giving it a spin!

The entries that were used are:

Also, as a bonus, here's a few entries I managed to find for some higher numbers in case we would've had more entrants:

Fearnavigatr

The following votes are still missing:

Orangualia @Leaf
Tuzi @VasilijeM
Cydoni-Gibberia @Sean
Bigicia @Gera11
Belvist @Milos-BC
Cherniya @Yoni
Yaponesia @takeru
Tamausia & Deltannor @theCONWEL
Kadis @marc

Deadline is technically tonight, but I did promise to be chill and non-strict to make sure everyone can fit this with their busy lives.

The new deadline (for now) is
Saturday, December 3, 23:59 CET

How's that? If you absolutely need even more time, just let me know and we'll see what we can do.

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
I'll be voting tomorrow - been away for a couple of nights and then 2 solid days of overseeing training in work, so tomorrow evening will be my final listen through xup

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
People really brought their A-game this time xheat Really great listening experience xmusic Most of my high points ended up being nations that I don't usually vote for, which is always fun :D

Fearnavigatr

Still a few voters missing, but don't stress out, I'll need a few days to prepare the results anyway.
Some of you have reached out already, I'll check up on the rest of the stragglers tomorrow just to make sure they haven't forgotten.

Top Bottom